Poll: Are you going to use 1 handers or 2 handers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: You going 2h's or 1h's in cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    You would look like this guy:

sir fap-a-lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Even though we do not have enough info to really make a judgment call on it I have always preferred 1h

I love attacking faster and also of haste being useful for warriors again
    They are easier to obtain and now since 3 specs Enhance/Fury/frost will all want them there will be plenty

2h has the damage penalty of course (not a fan of seeing a 10% damage debuff on my character screen
    They feel to slow and my characters attack animations look retarded
    There is more rivalry on 2h Arms/fury/blood/unholy/ret

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

1 Handers, just rolled a DK when they made this anouncement.

Seriously, Fury was meant for 2x 1hander, and that's what I will play. (Or arms for utility.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Deleted

Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-11 at 08:29 AM.

I'm going arms

But for fury, I'm gonna go with most of the others and roll what does most dps. And ofc, if I get 2x 326 1handers and got a 300 2h I would go 1h but, yeah, it will work either way.

I would put money on that they will compromise on 1h with strength so they don't have bloated loot tables and so many more 2h class/specs than either 1h

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    I would put money on that they will compromise on 1h with strength so they don't have bloated loot tables and so many more 2h class/specs than either 1h
    I just wish that they got rid of tanking stats on weapons, thus all 1h Strength Weapons would be DPS and/or Threat weapons: Protection (W), Protection (Pa), Frost (DW), and Fury (1h) would be two full time specs, and two half-specs built around those weapons.

It would mean that considering Frost and Fury are both, there are still specs using them. Thus, we can get rid of another type of "Intellect Plate" of half-assed gear that only one (or in this case, two halves) can use.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Smashing the face of my enemies with two of what puny paladins wield with 2 hands is what I live for ! FOF KING CHIN !

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

I would go with whatever does maximum dps ( there is always a maximum no matter how close)

I've always prefered 1h weapons. Duel 2 handers is clunky graphicly.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

it depends. if they can balance it or put it on par with what 2h fury will do i'll def go 1h. if they can't seem to get it right, i'm going to stay with the 2h
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

I'm a berserker on my warrior...unleashing a storm of fury and steel upon my opponents until they are ushered from this world at the edge of my blade. 2-handers don't fit with this, far too slow.

(And yes, the dramatic role-play line was necessary. Do not question me!)
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

What kind of a lumberjack uses 1-handers, Phil? :P

well this is just a guess so bear with me. i think the main diff with fury 1h and 2h will be the sheer speed. it will prolly be balanced around high crits at a slow rate or do you wanna be a plate rogue with no stuns and constant speed on ur dps so white hits are higher up on ur dmg than lets say one of ur strikes which is what it is now. hopefully itll just be preferences in cata not a huge boost for one or the other

I guess it depends on IF they balance 1H vs 2H or will make them lean one way or the other. They regret it now, but eh, if you want to use 2 fast 1H weapons there's still the DK class and the rogue class for the fun of it. Fury is the only class that can use two 2H weapons.

It sounds as if they will try to balance them during Cataclysm, making it purely an aesthetic choice. I would love to walk around with two large ass 2H weapons, but honestly, getting two of them sounds like a pain. Pretty, but a pain. But I've always loved attacking like a psycho with two swords (combat swords rogue fan since vanilla). I'll have to see what Blizzard does. First and foremost, my answer is:

First, whatever does the best damage.

Second will be if my guild would tolerate letting me have fair roll on such weapons and what my raid group composition looks like by then. Cause if I have a ton of other people in my 10's group, or 25's, whichever I end up with who are fury warriors, retadins, DKs, ect, it would probably be safer for my health to go for 1H's. I might even end up with a set of both eventually.

Third will be what Arms DPS and rotation looks like. If Arms is going to be a strong option for PvE, I might consider looking into it.

10+ Year Old Account

1h. Much more responsive.

If they balance them, whichever ones look cooler.

I was thinking about this the other day and had an idea for the 51pt talent in the fury tree.

You could put 1 pt in Titan's Grip and take the 10% dmg reduction to use 2 2H's
    OR
    on the same tier, put 1 pt in a similar named talent that increased damage by X% to balance using 2 1H's

My question is when they release these changes are there going to be any 1 handed weapons that will be changed for Warriors and Death Knights to use. I am still kicking it around at this point, but being able to try it raiding (even though its at 80) would be nice instead of building an entire gear set around it then have it not perform as well.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Assuming both will produce exactly the same DPS. 1handers. But eh, Blizzard is Blizzard, won't happen. So Whatever does the most dps i guess, anyway 2handers already look like slightiy bigger-than-normal 1handers on Undeads.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon
    My question is when they release these changes are there going to be any 1 handed weapons that will be changed for Warriors and Death Knights to use. I am still kicking it around at this point, but being able to try it raiding (even though its at 80) would be nice instead of building an entire gear set around it then have it not perform as well.
    Yes, they are making weapons with strength on etc for warriors.