Thread: CC and Cata

CC and Cata

havent played WoW for a while, mostley due to me being a casual player not raiding. so i did some reading about cata and theres talking about brining CC aka polymorph (turtle) back to 5mans. now am i the only mage thats thrilled about this?im really looking forward to keeping thins sheeped again. as a mage i feelt that the loss of CC in wrath was one of the biggest losses ingame for me as a mage. your thoughts?

Re: CC and Cata

no?

I have been quite fond of the less complicated trash mobs (or no trash mobs such as in ToC) and more focus on bosses.

If they will bring back CC, and with this the difficulty on trash, I hope they will do it on par with Sunwell difficulty.

As for Heroics, I have seen, quite a few blue posts back, that they intend to lower the standards for tanking heroics (example:
    Rets tanking in some tanking gear etc) so with a full blown tank and when outgearing Heroics, which I think will happen quite
    soon, I think we will be back to AoEing quite fast.
    Winds of Creation, Daggerspine eu (8/8 25hc) is recruiting. Visit our webpage for more info.

This is true, I have a DK and MT for my buddy's, play my mage in the off time. Truth, i would just run in there and if it got bad, as long as me and the heals were alive it is a win, the mage friend that would run with us did not care if she got to sheep or not. As long as we won. Think about it this way, would you want to AoE or CC, sure there is a time and a place for CC, but much like anime, there is always a time even if there is no place for AoE. Give me a spell like Seed or give liven bomb to all trees, with a different effect when it pops and the type of damage. Now that would be great.
    I do get your point about CC, when marks would go up, and moon was mine, no on could touch it. Was to be a sheep and that is that.
    So a mix of the two would be fun, but would be over looked by skill real quick, people would just see haven to CC as a chance to step it up.
    Do everything you can to win and don't bitch if you lose, b/c good luck or skill a kills a kill. Only the one who lives gets to tell the till.

10+ Year Old Account

Yup , you are right. Im missing CC in PVE too. We had a lilttle extra job. Now its go go pew pew zerg zerg aoe it down..

I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, anything that makes me spend more than 30 minutes in a heroic is bad imo. I want to kill shit, collect loot, and move on to other activities: PvP, Alts, Questing, etc etc. On the other hand, CC and moreover maintaining that CC is a vital aspect of the class that many newer players have never mastered. All I'm asking is Blizz, please don't make Shattered Halls 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by wisby
    havent played WoW for a while, mostley due to me being a casual player not raiding. so i did some reading about cata and theres talking about brining CC aka polymorph (turtle) back to 5mans. now am i the only mage thats thrilled about this?im really looking forward to keeping thins sheeped again. as a mage i feelt that the loss of CC in wrath was one of the biggest losses ingame for me as a mage. your thoughts?

I would rather just bladestorm.

CC stops me from bladestorming
    Thins that stop me from bladestorming are bad
    CC is bad
    nerf mages.
    CC is bad.
    A gladiator's life is simple: You win and live, or lose and die. A king's life is more complex. The only truth for a king is that there are no easy answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemos87
    I have been quite fond of the less complicated trash mobs (or no trash mobs such as in ToC) and more focus on bosses.

If they will bring back CC, and with this the difficulty on trash, I hope they will do it on par with Sunwell difficulty.

As for Heroics, I have seen, quite a few blue posts back, that they intend to lower the standards for tanking heroics (example:
    Rets tanking in some tanking gear etc) so with a full blown tank and when outgearing Heroics, which I think will happen quite
    soon, I think we will be back to AoEing quite fast.
    I think you're mistaken. They said they would let non-tank spec classes tank NORMALS, not Heroics, and that heroics, with proper tanks, wouldn't be like that unless you severely outgear the instances.

As for the OP, yes I can't wait to see if they actually manage to pull it off and not just have it be a pipe dream of Blizzards like dancing was for WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon
    All I'm asking is Blizz, please don't make Shattered Halls 2.0.
    Shattered Halls was doable, it was H-Magisters Terrace and Shadow Labs that took perfect group composition and mathematical precision to pull off. I think somewhere between that and the AE fest that is Utgarde Keep would be nice.

Yeah I have a feeling I'm going to have to dust off the ol' Polymorph macro I used in SSC and TK come Cata. Atm, I'd whole heartedly welcome the return of CC to liven up trash, but I have a feeling that I'll come to hate it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

10+ Year Old Account

CC or not, trash is lame.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy
    CC or not, trash is lame.
    Yup, thats why toc was considered the best raid instance in wotlk, amiright?

Instances should be like Shadow lab, Magisters terrace!
    A monkey could l2p wotlk dungeons. Mindlessly aoeing your way through dungeons on a never ending grind, sigh.
    But i fear blizz wont make it too hard thus meaning everyone will be aoeing after a month or complain that shit is too hard.

15+ Year Old Account

i didn't learn every polymorph in the game to hardly ever use them. I WANT MORE MCS SO I CAN TURN OUR DKS AND ROGUES INTO PIGS/TURTLES/CATS.

oh yeah, fuck polymorph rabbit and fuck those gay ass world event cheevs.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

I was into a Heroic the other day. (I think it was Forge of souls). Anyway i sheeped one of the mobs in one of the pulls. When the 4 others were dead, the DK tank ran right next to the sheep unto the next pull. So i said "There is still one left". Got no answer so i nova'd it and CS'd it and ran to the next pull where the rest of the grp was. The mob followed me of course and we eventually killed it. The tank then said a few lines about how we shouldn't aggro mobs he didn't pull himself...

TLDR: The Tank didn't know what polymorph was and its time it makes a comback in the game.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Don't know whats worse, not knowing polymorph or not getting suspicious of a sheep in a place like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Varian Wrynn

I would rather just bladestorm.

CC stops me from bladestorming
    Thins that stop me from bladestorming are bad
    CC is bad
    nerf mages.
    CC is bad.
    you can bladestorm but just watch my sheep, tisis kinda the fun of the game imo. you have to watch the screen while playing

I was into a Heroic the other day. (I think it was Forge of souls). Anyway i sheeped one of the mobs in one of the pulls. When the 4 others were dead, the DK tank ran right next to the sheep unto the next pull. So i said "There is still one left". Got no answer so i nova'd it and CS'd it and ran to the next pull where the rest of the grp was. The mob followed me of course and we eventually killed it. The tank then said a few lines about how we shouldn't aggro mobs he didn't pull himself...

TLDR: The Tank didn't know what polymorph was and its time it makes a comback in the game.
    aye, one of my big fears are the DK tanks in cata, never seen a polymorph before, and if the 5mans become to hard the will go cry in a corner