Quick MH Slow OH

I was recently playing with my daggers, and I discovered on a target dummy my dps went up with DP&Fast in the MH, IP&Slow in the OH, but my Slow dagger pulls 226.7 DPS and my quick dagger pulls 178.9, but most places I read say, with my dagger's dps, to go with Slow in my MH with IP and fast in my OH with DP, I was wondering why my dps was higher when I changed my daggers?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Re: Quick MH Slow OH

Target-Dummies... they suck.

15+ Year Old Account

What Voij said.
    the reason why you put the fast with DP in your MH when the weapon dps is equal is that the envenom attack is made with main-hand only and is assumed to have the envenom buff active, this means that you have a larger chance to proc DP(and your OH poison as a result) with that attack then you would have to proc IP with the slow dagger in your MH.
    The trade-off is that you lose a bit of damage on your mutilates.
    If you put the high dps weapon in your OH you will lose even more damage on your mutilates and the trade-off will no longer be worth it.
    To even see this difference however you need a VERY large sample size with all buffs on you and a fully debuffed target.

Or a spreadsheet. The general consensus seems to be, that you put the higher dps weapon in the mainhand, no matter what.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Or a spreadsheet. The general consensus seems to be, that you put the higher dps weapon in the mainhand, no matter what.
    for assassination builds.

for combat builds you put the weapon with the highest top end damage in the main hand --- (usually sloww)
    It's just a game.

Ive got Lungbreaker and Heartpierce. Both same dps, with Heartpierce having more top end dmg by 5 iirc. Spreadsheets back up if the idea that, If daggers are same dps, faster goes in MH.