Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DPS warrior CC in Cat

It was mentioned in a recent blue post that dps warriors (and possibly DK's) are getting a CC in Cat so they don't get left out of heroics that will require CC in some cases; like many classes where in BC until people out geared the dungeon.

I think a CC is a great idea, but they want to modify Intimidating Shout, which I think is just silly. I'm going to yell at a Naga and he's just going to quiver in fear for 30 secs?

I always thought a net would make sense for a warrior, that you could throw at a NPC and snare them for 30 secs, like you might see in a gladiator movie.

What CC do you think warriors should get?

Deleted

Re: DPS warrior CC in Cat

Impale - Nail a mob to the ground with yer polearm

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona
    i lol'd
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Blackout - slam's target's head into the ground with the hilt of the warrior's weapon. Lasts 8 seconds, breaks on dmg. ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by smokeydown

I think a CC is a great idea, but they want to modify Intimidating Shout, which I think is just silly. I'm going to yell at a Naga and he's just going to quiver in fear for 30 secs?
    sillier than waving your arms and transform the naga into a sheep?
    or smacking her head so that she is knocked out for a whole minute but has NO other damage afterwise?
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm going to yell at a Naga and he's just going to quiver in fear for 30 secs?

and thats some how more silly than the current warrior fear?

whats up with the lazier and lazier people?

i alrdy though in this topic Cat means druid form or wtf....

first Cataclysm, then Cata, now Cat!?!? come on stick with the 'Cata' its enough short

the title is misleading :P

i guess the implementation will be something like 30s-1m cooldown on intimidating shout,
    and intimidating shout will make 1 target cower for 30s-1m, and the other 4 targets leggit for 10s or whatever

I like this one, but then you wouldn't have a weapon while the mob's impaled.

Blackout - slam's target's head into the ground with the hilt of the warrior's weapon. Lasts 8 seconds, breaks on dmg.
    I like this one too, but they would need to increase the time to 30 or 60 secs for it to work well in pve.

Does this stun kinda work like the knee to the head move from Double Dragon...you know the one I mean...the one that on the nintendo version looked like you were having Bobo and the hooker with the whip give you a hummer.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

15+ Year Old Account

Expand Disarm into the Psychic Horror realm - disarm + cower.

However I would love to see us warriors hit someone so hard we cast Polymorph: Little Girl Who Wet Her Pants.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Berserk Scream
    Channeled
    25 Rage
    The warrior takes up a stationary stance and lets out a fierce battlecry, causing all enemies within 8 yards to either cower in fear or be knocked back repeatedly every 3 seconds (higher chance of cowering, but the effects are the same) until the spell is cancelled. Interrupted if the Warrior takes more than 1% of their total health pool in damage. Lasts 30 seconds.
    ______

A powerful AoE CC, but essentially takes you out of the fight and is easily disrupted in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account

This could be interesting, could work along the lines of Shattering throw,heroic throw,

"Impaling throw" 1min duration 1min CD (so we dont have spammable CC in pvp, its not really our class design)

psh.

Yell IRS and see how many people freeze.

Or in certain parts of the world, yell immigration and see how the crowd fares.

yelling could work.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

just tank and let others worry about cc

Impale would work with maces to. You slam so hard on the targets foot that it gets burried 3 feet down in the ground.
    Well the best would be Stringed: You tie togheter your enemys shoes with a furyous knot so it have to spend30 secs to get loose. The knot will go up on first hit on the target.

God I hope we don't get a CC in Cataclysm... It goes against everything we, as warriors, represent. The only "CC" that makes sense is our Fear, and as useless as it is in PvE, its sometimes a God-send in PvP, and it truly fits us.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno
    just tank and let others worry about cc
    I guess you missed the "DPS" part in the thread title...
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Does this stun kinda work like the knee to the head move from Double Dragon...you know the one I mean...the one that on the nintendo version looked like you were having Bobo and the hooker with the whip give you a hummer.
    Only if you can throw the mob over your shoulder after 4-5 knees to the head and then they get back up and continue to attack you. Because that's how it always works...

Quote Originally Posted by Lbertuss
    God I hope we don't get a CC in Cataclysm... It goes against everything we, as warriors, represent. The only "CC" that makes sense is our Fear, and as useless as it is in PvE, its sometimes a God-send in PvP, and it truly fits us.
    Your hope is in vain, as Blizz has already stated we'll be getting one.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!