Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Class Imbalance in Cata

It's an imbalance on paper, but it doesn't really impact actual gameplay.

It would only be an issue if a particular faction had far more combos then the other (somewhere around 10 or more), a single class imbalance is basically a non-issue.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Overall horde have more Hunters, Warlocks, Shaman
    Alliance have more Mages, Priests, Paladins

They are equal in DKs, Druids, Rogues & Warriors - even though traditionally the alliance will have the stronger druids becuase of the Night elves and the horde the stronger warriors

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lynoxx
    I'm sure someone has made a post about this before, and if not, woot.

I was looking over the possible race/class combos in Cataclysm an I noticed that the Horde will get one more total race/class combos than the Alliance will. After checking the numbers, I noticed that most of the class numbers were 1 race apart from each other (ie. Alliance gets 6 mages and Horde gets 5. Horde gets 6 hunters and Alliance gets 5).

The imbalance appears to be in the numbers of shaman on each faction.
    Horde will get 4 shaman and Alliance will get 2. (Tauren, Orc, Troll*, Goblin vs Draenei and Dwarf.)

It's a small and seemingly unimportant difference, but Blizzard always tries to talk about how the factions are equal and whatnot. I think this is a bit contradictory.

The easy way to fix this would be give the Alliance one more shaman, which would more than likely be the Night Elves or maybe even the Worgen (though, seeing as how Blizzard has not made a race that can have more than 8 classes, I doubt Worgen will see Shaman).

Edit: Shaman Shaman... hurrrr. Fixed.

Yeah... And Horde will have only 2 Races that can be Paladin... So? What´s the Point?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon
    Overall horde have more Hunters, Warlocks, Shaman
    Alliance have more Mages, Priests, Paladins

They are equal in DKs, Druids, Rogues & Warriors - even though traditionally the alliance will have the stronger druids becuase of the Night elves and the horde the stronger warriors
    And everyone will hate the rogues... regardless of race, since every race has at least one racial that is of great benefit to the Rogue.

Actually the real imbalance (this is not a class imbalance btw, that is a game mechanic issue, not cosmetic) this imbalance is with paladins not having enough paladins. Paladins are the Alliances version of shaman. The current paladin and shaman Alliance/Horde count is 3 > 1 (Alliance favor with paladins) and 1 < 3 (Horde favor with shaman). Come Cata the Shaman count would be 2 < 4 (Horde) and the paladin count will be 3 > 2 (Alliance).
    So this means the Alliance should have one more Paladin.

Now I primarily play Horde, but I play Alliance as well, and this kind of bothers me. I mean I won't make a big deal about it if this makes it live in Cata or anything and it won't bother me when I get Cata. But I think Blizz should fix this by giving the Alliance 1 more paladin. I mean it's not like the Alliance races who don't have paladins are incapable of being paladins and the tauren paladins, as much as people want to argue about it, pretty much learned this path recently so it's not like the gnomes, who like the tauren, just got priest can't be paladins, or the night elves, but to be honest I don't see them being paladis. The worgens are kind of shaky on being paladins. If the worgen infection counts as one of those things that closes of the light than it makes sense, but if it doesn't they should definitely be paladins.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...s-combination/

mentioned before and a better view of that is issing its the gnome paladin mate check it out
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Aildaris
    Actually the real imbalance (this is not a class imbalance btw, that is a game mechanic issue, not cosmetic) this imbalance is with paladins not having enough paladins. Paladins are the Alliances version of shaman. The current paladin and shaman Alliance/Horde count is 3 > 1 (Alliance favor with paladins) and 1 < 3 (Horde favor with shaman). Come Cata the Shaman count would be 2 < 4 (Horde) and the paladin count will be 3 > 2 (Alliance).
    So this means the Alliance should have one more Paladin.

Now I primarily play Horde, but I play Alliance as well, and this kind of bothers me. I mean I won't make a big deal about it if this makes it live in Cata or anything and it won't bother me when I get Cata. But I think Blizz should fix this by giving the Alliance 1 more paladin. I mean it's not like the Alliance races who don't have paladins are incapable of being paladins and the tauren paladins, as much as people want to argue about it, pretty much learned this path recently so it's not like the gnomes, who like the tauren, just got priest can't be paladins, or the night elves, but to be honest I don't see them being paladis. The worgens are kind of shaky on being paladins. If the worgen infection counts as one of those things that closes of the light than it makes sense, but if it doesn't they should definitely be paladins.
    The only real race they could give a paladin to would be the gnomes. But I still fail to see how this is something to be bothered by. There are far more balance issues in-game to be bothered by.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea
    Complain about anything, no matter how valid, and someone is bound to troll it and call it "QQ." Because it's the Interwebs.
    How is this valid though? Yes, it's an accurate observation, but how is this a valid complaint about an imbalance? It's not. It doesn't give either side an advantage over the other. It's a silly thing to even complain about.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by volescue
    The only real race they could give a paladin to would be the gnomes. But I still fail to see how this is something to be bothered by. There are far more balance issues in-game to be bothered by.
    OCD my friend and tbh it kind of bothers me too but its meh, what sucks about gnomes getting a paladin if they were to do it is that they would have to definitely work up some lore on it since each race paladin has their own faction (hand or argus, blood knights, etc.).
    So it could be possible that they dont feel like doing that lol but in the end i dont really see it being that big of a deal.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Imbalance my ass...
    Does it really matter?
    I don't see anyone complaining...
    Truly I don't...

Perhaps it is just me but I fail to see how having fewer race options for a class has anything to do with how many of a single class will be on either side. When only one race could be druid we never saw a shortage of them.

As for shamans, it blows my mind that they picked Dwarf when human would make much more sense. So many games seem to think humans can't be shaman or druid when it is something directly out of real history. Way too many stereotypes hindering interesting combinations and lore in some games these days.

I applaud warhammer 40k for making humans one of the most bad arse races in the game where most fantasy/sci-fi games these days always make humans little tiny weaklings.

Just remove Holycows, the idea is just plain retarded

Didn't read many of the comments. But I also noticed something in the differences in the shaman and paladin distribution:
    Alliance have 3 paladins, horde have 2.
    Alliance have 2 shamans, horde have 4.

Now for the important part:
    Alliance have 2 races that can be both shaman and paladin - Draenei and Dwarf.
    Horde have 1 race that can be both shaman and paladin - Tauren.

And if anything, I think worgen should get to be paladins so I can race change my main to worgen. But I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue
    As I said, I'm not really bothered about too much, it's just something that only slightly bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    OCD my friend...
    That is the word I was looking for to describe my feelings on this! THANKS!

I belive that Gnome Warriors should be removed and Goblin Warriors never be added to the game. They are too small to stand as a great legendary warrior.

Dispite what you will say, I'm not a gnome hater since I play a Gnome Warrior myself. Picked the one just because it's so wrong.