Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ok sunder armor ?

in my new guild we have like 3-4 warriors all fury, none of them do sunder armor and i told the officers since i am mm hunter that it bebefits damn near the whole raid, at-least physical damage.

My question is how much of a dps loss is it to apply sunder and keep it up and would having the dps lost to apply be better for the raids dps than not having it.
    raid 2 hunters mm, 3-4 warriors, 1-2 rogues, and 1-2 dks maybe 3 dks.

Re: ok sunder armor ?

Imo, either one of them sunder or all of them leave.

i usually always take up the sunder duty if there is no warrior tank, even while pugging, its a dps gain for the warrior doing the sunder, unless arpen hard capped.

the fury warriors rotation can easily accommodate a few sunders here and there without affecting the rotation.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    Imo, either one of them sunder or all of them leave.
    This. Its really not that hard to do...

Quote Originally Posted by biggredd
    in my new guild we have like 3-4 warriors all fury, none of them do sunder armor and i told the officers since i am mm hunter that it bebefits damn near the whole raid, at-least physical damage.

My question is how much of a dps loss is it to apply sunder and keep it up and would having the dps lost to apply be better for the raids dps than not having it.
    raid 2 hunters mm, 3-4 warriors, 1-2 rogues, and 1-2 dks maybe 3 dks.
    A fury warrior who is not wearing 4 piece T10 and armor pen capped WILL go up in DPS with sunders. Fury has open GCDs. If you were running 3-4 arms warriors I would question it, but then I would question your guild. As it is, your warriors need to nut up or shut up.

i have not asked the warriors to do it i asked the officer to assign a warrior to do it and he said he was going to have to see if it is worth it to do. like tonite we barely downed blood queen 5min 22 secs. so she enraged. no sunder. plus i was almost bitten last and i was 6th in damage still. like i said i am new to them and do not want to push my luck.

Deleted

It's a huge damage increase. It probally would have saved you from that Blood-Queen enrage.

1) All Fury Warriors roll at the start of the raid. Lowest roll keeps up Sunders during the fight.
    2) 3/4 Fury Warriors should all Sunder at the start until 5 stacks.
    2a) If Sunders are going to drop off, it's still the responsibility of all Warriors to keep it up, regardless of what point they are at in their rotation.
    3) If the assigned Fury Warrior don't keep up Sunders after the first 5, they're not doing their job.

In honesty, this shouldn't be needed since doing your assigned duty is part of being a dps. But it may solve your problem, if tediously.

The only dps loss is getting the initial 5 stacks up but with 3-4 Warriors that's no problem and then it should never fall off after that.

Deleted

I remember seeing a thread a while ago explaining this. ArPen says "Up to 100%". Up to is important.

You can never reduce a bosses armour completely, it said something like under ordinary ArP, the boss cannot go below 3k armour. With sunders, which reduce the armour before ArP goes through it, it goes down to something like 6 armour.

Basically, if you cannot get any of them to sunder, then they all suck. It WILL be a dps increase.

Deleted

All of them should. It's a better personal dps gain than Rend anyway, and the Fury rotation is full of empty GCDs.

Deleted

Keeping sunders up isnt something difficult to do.

Since you have 4 warrs,get ALL of them set up the sunders @ start(to save the poor soul some time and help the raid as well) and have ONE of them,preferably the lowest in dps,keep it up.
    Its one GCD all it takes.

If you wish to explain that to them,the dps loss for an average raid (6-7 melee,2 hunters,2 tanks) benefits anywhere from 700 to 1000 dps,deending your gear ( I repeat,this is a rough estimate,if you have like,the uber super duper melees might be more,if all suck might be less,but this is an average)

Well my guild has 1 prot warrior and 2 fury warriors, so :
    - when the prot is here, he sunders
    - when the prot is not here, both fury (if both in the raid) stack up, then one of them keeps it refreshed
    - when there's no warrior, a rogue does the job, usually the assassination one (don't know if it's a spec thing or just that he's lower on dps but whatever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

tell em to use sunder as a filler, when slam doesnt proc.

Deleted

well since you are a hunter cant you get a pet with the debuff.. if i rember there is one.. last i checked

I like sundering, it helps to make the fury rotation more interesting.

Get a Prot Warrior.

Seriously. If 4 Fury Warriors can't do a single sunder between them, kick them all and put in people who are good. If you're running heavy on physical damage, then sunders are manditory.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Well my guild has 1 prot warrior and 2 fury warriors, so :
    - when the prot is here, he sunders
    - when the prot is not here, both fury (if both in the raid) stack up, then one of them keeps it refreshed
    - when there's no warrior, a rogue does the job, usually the assassination one (don't know if it's a spec thing or just that he's lower on dps but whatever)
    Its a spec thing for the rogue, mutilate is probably the most boring spec for how much dps it can push out on a single target fight

Quote Originally Posted by Skulley
    well since you are a hunter cant you get a pet with the debuff.. if i rember there is one.. last i checked
    The wasp pet can apply an armor reduction debuff but its only 5%--basically faerie fire. Druids apply this.
    You should only need a hunter with a wasp if there is no druid.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skulley
    Because he shouldn't have to sacrifice dps when a warrior can keep sunder up with the free GCD.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

jormungar pets are also giving a sunder armor debuff, but since those are an exotic pet and beast mastery is not really good for dps id say warrior should be using their spare gcd to keep the debuff up on the boss