Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Needle-Encrusted Scorpion or Banner of Victory

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    We don't live in an ideal World. And neither is the way to progress in this game a straight forward process like you believe.

Maximum Gear Score from triumph badges only is around 5k. The next gear progression up from this is ToTGC or ICC 10.

Both places have raid leaders ask for around 5.4K GS as MINIMUM to join raids.

Therefore this leaves players forced to go for maximum Gear Score on their gear, at the sacrifice of best possible stats on their character. (which in practice means using ilevel 264 PvP gear and the 2 x i245 hit trinkets)

The mod forces this situation to happen, and obtaining gear that has highest Gear Score value is necessary in order to participate in raids, which is needed to do to progress someones character.

I know the system inside out now, having been in this predicament on two characters myself.

Blame the mod. Because that is the thing that makes this situation happen.

Well if a 5 K Gearscore is attainable from the 232 version of T9, and ToGC 10 was after that, and ICC 10 was after that...then I can understand why people want a 5.2K gs or higher for PUGs when that was the GS that most had going into it.

I don't feel bad for the people that QQ over GS cause they get burned once or twice. Cause there are plenty of ToC raids that you can get in and get good gear for those slots without having a 5Kgs. But no one wants to run the old stuff cause they think that the 15% buff means they can be carried.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Then blame your server not the Add-On. Cause there are plenty on Lothar-US.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc11

Dps increase and ability to not have your brother do everything for you! =-o

Plus like its really hard to level a profession, just expensive but like gold is really hard to make. :
    what prof increases my dps?(noob mode)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Utoy4175
    all of them except Herb/Mining.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon
    Both. You don't need 405 hit rating Bro.
    ^^

Wow, this GS discussion haunts me. It's always on in /2 whenever i log in to my toon. :

If it happens on one or more servers, then it is a problem.

YOUR server is not representative of the complete WoW population and pretending a problem doesn't exist, does not mean it doesn't exist.
    There are plenty of ToC raids on Tarren Mill-EU as well.

And you say that you aint stupid, but others are ?

You gemmed wrong, 21 crit meta gem... seriously?
    10 str 15 stamina stones ?? SERIOUSLY ? You dont need stamina as DPS....

Seriously, you should apologize too everyone on the internet for making this STUPID post.

What does increase your dps from prof's ?

blacksmithing = 2 extra sockets = 40 extra strength.
    Enchanting - 2 X 40 Ap on rings
    JC - JC gems.
    Alchemy - More effect from flasks + 1 extra hour duration.
    Leather Working - wrist enchants.
    Inscription - Really nice shoulder enchants.
    Engineering - Saronite bombs ( 1 min cd, doesnt use a GCD ) , haste on gloves.

Seriously, don't say people are stupid when you're just as bad as the ones you complain on....

10+ Year Old Account

Great. That wasn't the issue though.

The specific problem is that from triumph badge gear and ToC you can only get around 5K gear score. The next raids that gives upgrades are ToGC and ICC 10 where raid leaders ask for around 5.4kish Gear Score.

You see that there is no raid in between that you can get into to acquire more Gear Score.

This leaves people grinding a gear set which provides them with highest possible Gear Score. This means using the 2 x 245 hit trinkets (which leaves people WAY over hit cap) or people using i264 PvP gear.

All i am doing with you, is explaining WHY people are WAY over hit cap - It is because of the Gear Score mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    He said on page one that he doesn't care about GS. Gs lecture in a different thread please.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I had 728 hit on my rogue and 501 hit on my hunter so i could improve my Gear Score.

Gettting the 2 x 245 hit trinkets to increase your Gear Score at the cost of your stats isn't personally a stupid thing to do, because it increases your chances of getting into PuG's on your newly dinged 80's.
    I just found this realy retarded tbh, its smart to get the trinkets but just do like me get items with High GS but when you have started the raid you just remove the items and put on ur lower GS items but still makes you better

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon
    Well if a 5 K Gearscore is attainable from the 232 version of T9, and ToGC 10 was after that, and ICC 10 was after that...then I can understand why people want a 5.2K gs or higher for PUGs when that was the GS that most had going into it.

I don't feel bad for the people that QQ over GS cause they get burned once or twice. Cause there are plenty of ToC raids that you can get in and get good gear for those slots without having a 5Kgs. But no one wants to run the old stuff cause they think that the 15% buff means they can be carried.
    As the MT for a 10 man raiding guild, I had a GS of like 4.9k or something (I really don't care enough to look that much) going into ICC10 and that was when it first came out. We have a 15% buff in it now so 5.2k is massive overkill.

Take both, and stop talking about GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Contri

Seriously, you should apologize too everyone on the internet for making this STUPID post.

JC - JC gems.

Seriously, don't say people are stupid when you're just as bad as the ones you complain on....
    Sorry Everyone!!!!!!!(sincere) and uh i use those gems for the meta......

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry Everyone!!!!!!!(sincere) and uh i use those gems for the meta......
    Grab the 21 agi +3 crit meta, and just use a nightmare tear instead of 2 blues.

so, uh yeah. go for both. and yeah, the sword? get rid of it. I know fury warrior who had the unfortunate fate to dualwield them, and he seriously had like 700 hit, because he was using the mark of supremacy (in his defense, he did run hfos for a month and NeS never dropped). people would look at his gs, and then complain about his dps. The moral of my story? absolutely ANYTHING over hit cap is utterly and totally wasted. Also, i hear whispering fanged skull is kinda a good trinket too... as is DM:G or DC. but for someone with 1 non capped (mining? ur not an alt/tank) profession i would think that gold is probably lacking for DM:G.

SO until then use both, dont call people stupid who are actually trying to help you,

random qq. hows this (*&^) get 3p sanctified and the neck from dw? /rage at the neck never dropping and me never winning sanctified. /endrant
    ret pally

Quote Originally Posted by Contri

JC - JC gems.

Funny that you wanna play cool about gems, since you seem to be unaware of some facts.

According to Fenita's DPS DK guide for 3.3 on Ensidia (My DK is only an alt, I still liked that guide though) the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (21 crit, 3% crit damage) also increases spellcritdamage by 3%, while the Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (21 agi, 3% crit) only increases physical crit damage.

Also, someone mentioned that Unholy / Frost was the new pwnage (cba to find and quote), for what I've read several places on the internet, Unholy / frost is only the best if you got a procweapon (Bryntroll, cause it will proc more with the 20% haste frost gives), with all other weapons with normal stats, Unholy / Blood is still the best.

if u went to school and learnt how to read u would know that the 3% dmg from 21 agil + 3% applies to all spell and physical just the 21 crit also applies to spells where as the 21 agil wouldnt

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gillun
    fix'd that for you
    ty, english =/= my language.

15+ Year Old Account

Thread locked. OP received a timeout for the insults, and the discussion is no longer anywhere near the original one.