Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking about quitting my druid.

I had a lot of fun with my druid in Wrath and I'm struggling to figure out what I should do with my character in Cata.

My gear is pretty bad and I'm not sure if it's the gear or if it's something I'm doing wrong. The queue times for heals is 15-20 minutes on my server which makes me want to roll back to tank spec, but I have even worse gear for tanking.

I'd love some advice on what to do gear wise with my healing/boomkin wear. Where to go or what to get. My mana pool really sucks and most of the time I run oom after a boss fight if the dps is sub par (under 10k). I somehow managed to level my druid without getting friendly on any reputation - is that what's screwing me over?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stalker/simple

I've also read how Bear has been totally screwed tank wise, is there any truth to this?

If you had to pick another class after playing a druid what would you play? What makes you stay with this class? I'm sitting on a 64 lvl prot pally, 69 rogue, and an 80 hunter. To many options!

Deleted
    I would try to collect tanking gear if the healer que is that long (2-5mins on my server, but thats too much for me, i don't have a single pure dps class geared on 85.)
    You are missing Heart of the Wild from your resto tree, 6% int.
    You could get Moonglow instead of Genesis in the balance tree.

I totally slipped that spec, I change so many times in a day. Thanks for pointing that out! Moonglow does seem decent since my gear is crappy. But I'll experiment.

So you want to quit because the queus are too long and you don't have enough tank gear to tank?

Um...simple solution here being you do dungeons and need on the tank gear if the tank passes on it, or get the epic 359 craftables. Like seriously, I think the only thing holding you back is your own laziness.

As for your healing gear, gem INT in the red sockets, spirit in blue, and since I don't exactly remember what my druid gemmed, go INT in yellow as well.

If you 'suck' at healing, more likely than not it's how you play the class, which is a lot different than it was in wotlk. Keep up rejuv+lifebloom, use other spells as necessary, DO NOT roll regrowth like we did in wotlk, that shit ooms you. READ what you spec into, how much spells cost, figure out from there.

If you're not friendly with a single faction......what did you do, grind/gather your way to 85? Buy a tabard next time, that's failproof in getting rep, though I have no idea how you didn't get at least honored.

I mean.......come on. This is sad.
    Last edited by Zues; 2011-03-22 at 08:35 PM.

I had a lot more questions in my original post than my implied laziness Zues. I wouldn't ask them if I didn't want to know how people felt about the class.

I have 2 druids and played all specs. Druids are actually doing fairly well this expansion.

Boomkins are on top of DPS when you gear appropriately. The rotations are very fun, and you will rock on any AOE fights.

Bear tanks are falling behind the other tanks, but by no means are they bad. In fact, it is much easier to gear up Bear right now considering you can get crafted/BoE epics as well as fill in pieces with PVP gear, which is viable for tanking. The only issues I have with Bear is our initial threat and AOE threat. Our health pools might not top out as high as other classes, but we're still kings of dodge and our mastery is very potent.

Cat is still very formidable, though it doesn't top the charts as it did before. It's become more simplified, and gear doesn't scale as greatly as for Boomkin spec, but you can still deal some serious damage. Just don't expect to be in the top 7 of a 25-man any time soon.

Healing I have the least experience with, but we're pretty good as tank-healers and with the Efflo change, hopefully our AoE healing will be stronger. Druids are still pretty potent healers.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2011-03-22 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    I dont know how you managed to not get friendly with anything.. That should be an achivement
    So yea, thats kinda bad for you, but there's allways the AH. I'd respecc to moonkin and gear up as dps. Moonkins use exactly the same gear as healers now, so that shouldnt be a problem.
    Allso its scientifically proven that balance is the awesomest specc in the game, so you might aswell just stay moonkin. Or you could specc back to healer when you have the gear..

Allso you might be healing the "wrong" way, so I'd check some resto guides / forums, if i were you!

If you ever wanna quit your druid, just keep repeating "Instant flight form... Instant flight form!" over and over again

And I had a lot more answers than just calling you lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I have 2 druids and played all specs. Druids are actually doing fairly well this expansion.

Boomkins are on top of DPS when you gear appropriately. The rotations are very fun, and you will rock on any AOE fights.

Bear tanks are falling behind the other tanks, but by no means are they bad. In fact, it is much easier to gear up Bear right now considering you can get crafted/BoE epics as well as fill in pieces with PVP gear, which is viable for tanking. The only issues I have with Bear is our initial threat and AOE threat. Our health pools might not top out as high as other classes, but we're still kings of dodge and our mastery is very potent.

Cat is still very formidable, though it doesn't top the charts as it did before. It's become more simplified, and gear doesn't scale as greatly as for Boomkin spec, but you can still deal some serious damage. Just don't expect to be in the top 7 of a 25-man any time soon.

Healing I have the least experience with, but we're pretty good as tank-healers and with the Efflo change, hopefully our AoE healing will be stronger. Druids are still pretty potent healers.
    how will the change to efflorience help aoe healing, it will only hit 3 people instead of everyone in the circle? Or did I misread the notes? And add the with the lifebloom effect dropping 20% it seems like the druid healers are getting screwed all the way around.

Deleted
    3 min tranq cd is hardly "screwed over"

And the LB "nerf" only effects the bloom afaik, which i don't rely on at all so it's neither here nor there to me.

/edit @OP, either you've logged in pvp gear & spec, or the pvp gear & spec is your problem .

I sincerely disbelieve and disagree with all claims that bear tanking has been ruined. I raid as a bear, main tank, and I am always told via pugs/guildies/etc that my bear is easy to heal and aggro isn't hard to maintain. I don't even feel that my bear falls behind other tanks, especially those of equivalent gear. We take approximately the same amount of damage, and overall- I end up surviving more then they do, typically. It's all in the way you gem and enchant, to be honest. A lot of people are still stuck in the mindset that Stam-stacking is the way to go when in reality, it truly is not. A balance between mastery, agility, and stamina is the way to go. Of course this is all coming from my personal experiences and I've been bear tanking since the middle of Wrath.

EDIT: IMO, healing/Boomer gear is roughly around the same focus wise. Check up on Wowhead and look at the gear listed for the heroics and select the pieces you want from there. That's a viable way of looking at your options and the ones that are available to you. As for what class I'd play over my druid. I simply must say without a doubt, my rogue. Merely because my rogue has been my main for years and I've invest to much time onto her to completely cast her aside for my alt bear. : D
    Last edited by Amaroq; 2011-03-22 at 11:38 PM.
    Meep~

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    3 min tranq cd is hardly "screwed over"

And the LB "nerf" only effects the bloom afaik, which i don't rely on at all so it's neither here nor there to me.

/edit @OP, either you've logged in pvp gear & spec, or the pvp gear & spec is your problem .
    the change to tranq will be nice, however, it will still be extremely situational at a 3min CD. The change to efflor will seriously, IMO, hurt our aoe heals, especially for a lot of fights where spread/stack is the norm - which is most fights in cata at this point.

Deleted
    Dude go learn you class then talk!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is rather bad still and i think if you change your spec it would be a little better 3 points in Furor will give you 15% more of total mana which is 87641 mana with your current gear.

http://www.wowpopular.com/Druid/Restoration/talents

Once you get about 2k spirit you wont go oom as much, just work on Int then spirit, you have a number of items with no spirit which is really important to have.

3xLB on tank and reguv at all times and just nourish also just remember you dont need to keep everyone at 100% hp all the time.
    Last edited by Decan; 2011-03-23 at 01:17 AM.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dokus View Post
    Dude go learn you class then talk!
    Im going to have to agree with this poster.

Did you read any guides or do any research into moonkin OR resto before making this post?

Your dps is bad because you have 8 unenchanted items, no meta, 2 pc pvp gear. pvp helm and shoulders

Your healing is bad (assuming its the same gear) because you are using mostly moonkin peices with no spirit already on the gear. Your haste is absoutly terrible even though you have exceeded your rejuv breakpoint. No meta, and you have 8 unenchanted items.2 pc pvp teir, and pvp helm and shoulders.

If you got your badge helm, and still cant do 10k dps at minimum, then maybe you should re-roll a mage.

Doesn't need to learn his class, learn the game.

Guy has ZERO enchants, not even retarded ass cheap ones, even on his few epics.

I haven't cared enough to invest a lot of money or time into my druid. This post was more about how people felt about druids and why they play them or stick with them while it seems like bear tanking got messed up and healing is getting nerfed. Advice on spirit #'s things like that is what I'm looking for, not captain obvious derp you have no chants. I'm trying to decide if I want to take my druid seriously or just milk the profs on him for cash. Some of the posts here have been great and I noticed the chance almost right away so I'll probably stick it out and start investing time and cash on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't ever base a spec off wowpopular, you will be very disappointed.

OP: read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Cata-edition fully
    Even though it's mostly aimed at raiding it will give you a good idea of what gear, stats and healing style you're looking for.

After, read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post10195827
    At the top is the list of all the pre-raid gear you can and should be getting. That + knowing what stats you need from the guide will help you upgrade gear easier.

If you like hot healing, stick with you're druid. As you have seen, it isn't always amazing for certain fights, but if you enjoy your druid it will get easier with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Felspark View Post
    I haven't cared enough to invest a lot of money or time into my druid. This post was more about how people felt about druids and why they play them or stick with them while it seems like bear tanking got messed up and healing is getting nerfed.
    Healing is getting nerfed? You must have read different patch notes. The changes I see are straight buffs to our healing.
    * Tranq CD reduced to 3 min -> good buff for raids, although doesn't do much for heroics
    * New Efflorescence -> major buff for 5 mans, good buff for 10 mans, small nerf for 25 mans
    * Lifebloom bloom reduced -> PvP nerf, only PvE impact on ToL CD (but healing is strong in tree anyway)

So overall, druid healing is in a good place right now and is not being nerfed. Otherwise, I don't get the point of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Felspark View Post
    I haven't cared enough to invest a lot of money or time into my druid. This post was more about how people felt about druids and why they play them or stick with them while it seems like bear tanking got messed up and healing is getting nerfed. Advice on spirit #'s things like that is what I'm looking for, not captain obvious derp you have no chants. I'm trying to decide if I want to take my druid seriously or just milk the profs on him for cash. Some of the posts here have been great and I noticed the chance almost right away so I'll probably stick it out and start investing time and cash on him.
    Of course most people here will feel positively about druids, this is the druid forum and druid is the class vast majority of us plays. Ask the same question on the other 9 class forums and you will find few people who enjoy a druid.

But just because we enjoy playing a druid, doesn't mean you will too. And you won't find out before you actually put some effort into your druid. Every class feels week and unenjoyable with bad gear, lacking enchants and little experience how to play it.