Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: If this love for 1-handed Fury isn't nostalgia....

From what I remember back in the pre-preview (Blizzcon?) they are removing "Class-Specific" stats from weapons and replacing them with interesting mechanics, like the ICC weapons.

For example, there will be no strength 1h'ers. There will be no Agility 1h'ers. They will all give AP, Stamina, and whatever else they fit on there, either procs like Bryntroll or raw stats like Crit/Haste/Hit/Expertise. Thus, 1h'ers are Combat Rogues, Fury Warriors, Frost DK's, Shamans and 2h'ers will be Arms and Fury, Blood and Unholy DKs, and Ret Paladins. Just like casters - I don't think there will be Int on caster weapons, as they will grant extremely high +Spell Power so that they can be as big of an upgrade to casters as they are to melee, without breaking your mana pool.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    alright, 20-pounds translates to approximately 10 kilos (I'm used t measuring in kilos). that's not really that much for a fit man. and that's NOT a two-handed weapon. 20 pounds is an alright weight for a one-handed axe or mace. and it ain't that huge - steel is pretty dense. while this may be true story, it is his speed of drilling that is spectacular.
    Proof that your wrong

It's all there.

A 30 pound sword would be 15.3 meters long...

Even if the swordblade was made out of lead (11350 kg per cubic meter), this would only halve the length.
    So a 20 pound steel sword would have to be 10.2 meters. That is really heavy. I'd like to meet the man that could carry that.

15+ Year Old Account

Estuans interius
    ira vehementi

Sephiroth!

R.I.P. YARG

Who cares about stats, loot priority, or dps

I want my Female BE warrior with Fist weapon in main hand and sword in of hand ;D

Style > All, style ftw !!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    also, I've been learning fencing and I can tell you, that dual-wielding even light rapiers is pretty awkward unless you are VERY agile and VERY skilled in fencing with BOTH HANDS. it is only good for movies and games.
    alot of reason for that though is that Fencing is a style based around jabs/lunges etc, all very controlled and linear. try Dual-wielding with something like broad swords, or Katanas and you find it's alot easier, still alot harder than using one at a time, but alot better and INFINITELY cooler

on topic I can't wait for DW1h's to come back, I always prefered it on my warrior, TG always kinda bugged me, leave that shit to Conan :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

IMO:

Arms:

A sturdy warrior, capable of fighting in most situations. Must have a cool head to time his monstrous blows right THROUGH the armor of the enemy. His main strength lies in his technique and adaptability. He is trained to be more then just a killing machine, he is trained to be a natural leader and to fight offensively as well as defensively. But when the time is right, he rips his enemy to shreds in a whirling torrent of deadly steel. Arms warriors have a natural instinct to find weak spots in the enemy, sometimes allowing them to behead his opponent in the heat of battle - even when he was defending himself! If you try to pull the plug on this guy by either slowing his movement or even hitting him in the head, the only thing you will do is enrage him and bolster his strength.

Fury:

Monstrous. Agile. Deadly. Unstoppable. These are just a few words to describe a fury warrior. This behemoth will use any means necesary to take down an adversary. While whirling around, you can frequently see him zipping across the battlefield and shouting out his terrifying cries to impend doom upon his enemies. The very enemies that he slays feed him with an appetite for blood, and fuels him above normal strength allowing him to wield two massive weapons. Hitting this berserker will only piss him off further, and sets his heart aflame with a smoldering rage. Using either crippling blows, or a continous stream of bladed steel, this monster is hardly stoppable and will behead you when your guard is down...

Protection:

Have you ever tried running into a metal door? Yes? Well, have you ever tried running into a metal door spiked with serrated knives and armed with a powerhouse of terrifying strength behind? If you have, rest in piece.The protection warrior must be one of the hardiest and undetainable enemies ever found on the battlefield. These warlords reign supreme when fought group versus group. They will protect their allies at all costs - even taking the hits of them! If you found a rampaging protection warrior who is assumingly to busy to watch you cast your gigantic sphere of molten magma, go ahead and try. In the blink of an eye can he turn a match around, and simply reflect that ball right back INTO YOUR FACE. After he reflected it, he will run right into you, knock you down, shut your mouth, and proceed to batter you to death with his solid titansteel-spiked shield.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Evirx
    obviously you dont know much about steel-driving and a 20 pound hammer is normaly used 2 handed and this isnt a myth sir its a real american story

you wouldnt know that since you anrt american!

who spells armor with a U?!

americans can swing 2 handers with one hand

you cant prove the story false so it must be true
    What a fine example of American logic, not to mention spelling! You, sir, do a great credit to your nation by posting your rambling incoherencies on the interwebs.

On topic though, it's obvious that the only reason for fury getting a viable 1h build is to support frost DKs on the loot table. Same reason rogues got axes - to help out enh shamans getting more weapons on the loot table.

As people have already said in this thread, the most likely result is that one style will be a little better than the other and everyone will flock to it, then the pendulum will swing the tiniest bit the other way, and people will swap builds. This will either happen patch-by-patch with small changes or over the course of different gear levels, ala hunters.

Either way, it seems unlikely that str 1-handers are going to make a smooth transition into loot tables. I suspect that, whether it is "OMG i catn getz mi wpesanon!!!11!" or "No moar lolshard str-1h!1!!!11!", we're gonna see a lot of QQ about this in cata.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    From what I remember back in the pre-preview (Blizzcon?) they are removing "Class-Specific" stats from weapons and replacing them with interesting mechanics, like the ICC weapons.

For example, there will be no strength 1h'ers. There will be no Agility 1h'ers. They will all give AP, Stamina, and whatever else they fit on there, either procs like Bryntroll or raw stats like Crit/Haste/Hit/Expertise. Thus, 1h'ers are Combat Rogues, Fury Warriors, Frost DK's, Shamans and 2h'ers will be Arms and Fury, Blood and Unholy DKs, and Ret Paladins. Just like casters - I don't think there will be Int on caster weapons, as they will grant extremely high +Spell Power so that they can be as big of an upgrade to casters as they are to melee, without breaking your mana pool.
    I believe Blizzard has stated that there will be no Attack Power or Spell Power appearing on gear in Cata. Int will give SP to casters and either Str or Agi will give AP to melee.

There was nothing more satisfying than dualwielding 1handers as fury with the old windfury totem.
    Nothing.

Personally I like the fact that they're bringing it back, I miss the old fury, the fury changes are pretty much what made me get bored of fury and eventually made me reroll to my shaman(and then my hunter.).

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    When cata comes only 1hander fury + frost DK's will be rolling on str 1 handers
    There was a comment about prot paladins using crusader strike. Warrior tanks will not want fast 1-handers anymore since HS frequency no longer outweights lost weapon damage on devastate.

Defense Rating will no longer be needed on every tank item.

2 speccs using 1H with str to dps.
    2 speccs using 1H with str to tank.

Dont think it will be so surprising if there would be only one type of 1H str weapons.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

yay, this threat went from discussing fury 1handers, to the calculation of medieval swords

/love

Quote Originally Posted by Hallien
    I believe Blizzard has stated that there will be no Attack Power or Spell Power appearing on gear in Cata. Int will give SP to casters and either Str or Agi will give AP to melee.
    Close. GC did mention at some point that they were thinking of keeping the raw stat of spell power on weapons only, no other gear. This was to combat the problem of melee classes scaling so much better with weapons than casters.

Also, in response to the person you quoted, there will be str and agi on weapons, at least that is the plan as far as we are aware, at this stage of developement. The class preview specifically said that 1h fury will share weapons with frost dks.
    There will be alot /more/ procs and fun things on weapons, but not exclusively.

That said, this would be an easy way to reduce the amount of loot getting sharded, especially in 10mans, where it will be very likely that you won't have anyone who wants str-1handers.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    When cata comes only 1hander fury + frost DK's will be rolling on str 1 handers
    and prot paladins and warriors.. your point.. i just invalidated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hallien
    They said that gear will not have these stats. Weapons still will.

Let me find the quote.
    http://www.wow.com/2010/03/01/catacl...nges-revealed/

Spell Power - Spell Power is another stat that you'll no longer see present on most items. Instead, as mentioned above, Intellect will grant Spell Power. One exception is that caster weapons will still have Spell Power. This allows us to make weapons proportionately more powerful for casters in the same way they are for melee classes.
    It makes sense that they would also change STR/AGI on 1H weapons to AP so that more people want the same weapons. They may not do it, but it makes sense.

Edit: @Hegar - you nailed it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Yippiekaiyay

Only one of the two handers gives gearscore and that is the one with most gearscore
    Actually the gs on 2handers when dual wielding is divided by 2 making them act like 1handers gs wise
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Don't underestimate the number of ways to be bad that people can come up with.

IMO reason behind this change is that DK's can (and should, in proper spec) dual wield, but has not much benefit from agi which comes with all DPS 1-handers. While introducing DPS 1-handers for only 1 spec is odd, having 2 specs need in those 1-handers make it much more reasonable.

Having picked up a few real swords in my life (historical battle reenactment) I can safely say no matter how strong the person, swinging a two handed sword/axe in each hand with any effective force/speed/aim in combat is just comical.

Heck most people couldn't even swing a hand and a half sword like a bastard sword one handed without it wearing them out after a minuite or two of combat.

Swinging a big massive two handed weapon in each hand my look cool, but its just nostalgia from games like diablo 2 and crazy fantasy movies

Quote Originally Posted by belus
    Gear score noob + warrior noob = funniest shit iv ever seen.
    I feel bad for you, obviously you have never seen anything actually funny in your entire life. :'(

I was under the impression that dual-wielding one-handers also set 1H Fury apart from Ret.

The reason why I like 1H Fury is like this:
    • I like the look of plate.
    • I like hitting things with sharp objects.
    • I find flailing away like an angry, hornet-infested methamphetamine user more interesting than politely waiting 2-3 minutes between each swing as I assault someone.
    • I don't like fruity spellcasting classes because hitting someone very hard with my bare hands is more interesting than having a magical cloud of blue sparkle dust do it for me from 30 meters away.
    • I like having a resource which regenerates quickly and is essentially infinite.
    • Runes give me a headache.

All of these things are, in the strictest game terms, meaningless personal preference. But since personal preference drives the entire class system (instead of just having three classes named "Takes Damage", "Heals You", and "Kills Shit"), I think that's as valid a reason as any. TG really, really killed Fury for me because it felt exactly like Arms (pace-wise, not GCD-locked hyperactive procwatching-wise). The announcement of Single-Minded Fury has made me want to level the Warrior I parked at the end of TBC. :]

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung
    Prob best reply ever.
    Probably because you put no point across.

"I like DW 2h'ers, they make us different from Dk's and pala's."

"Ok"