Thread: Water Pets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Water Pets

Did you know gorillas can thundershock?

Deleted

Pokéballs can be used in combat... This seems too overpowered!

10+ Year Old Account

wrong game?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    Right now, their plan is to basically take the CD off of "Call Stabled Pet", which will be nice to be able to swap in utility pets for fights that warrant their use over pure dps pets. I don't think this change has anything to do with being able to use water pets in any way, but I do think we may still be able to tame them given just how much of the xpac will be underwater. If so, then I have dibs on Shamu, Jaws and Sushi as pet names XD
    I think it would actually be a really neat way to introduce such pets. Currently it would of course cause problems (since the hunter wouldn't have a pet when they needed it), but with the new pet stabling setup...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r
    And no, if I had a pet shark I wouldn't want to use it on land, because that's retarded.
    Other aquatic animals, not so much. But a land shark? Hell yeah.
    Alternatively, hunter engineers could build special robotic aquarium suits for their pets. Bit on an apparatus inside the aquarium and the suit bites an enemy with giant eternium jaws.

Now I'm going to be sad when Cata launches and my sharkbot pets are nowhere to be found. *sigh*

...I cant believe people dont get it.... Hes just comparing it he doesnt actually want pokeballs

And no, if I had a pet shark I wouldn't want to use it on land, because that's retarded.
    ITS A MOTHERFUKIN LAND SHARK! ;D
    I run away,....From the big blue Henchies!

15+ Year Old Account

i can see it now..
    hunter- so um..im not gonna use my pet till the boss fight

rest of party - wht ever..

boss fight happens..

hunter - stands there..

party - wtf hunter do something..

hunter - just wait for it..lol

boss 5% health

hunter - ok here i go..pet spawns ^shark pet appears^

pet - killing blow crit

party - wtf..was that shark...

hunter - ahahah pwned zones out..

party - u guys saw a shark right ...

lol being able to tame a shark would rock..i mean we can tame crabs atm..so

Quote Originally Posted by fortehlulz
    ITS A MOTHERFUKIN LAND SHARK! ;D
    <3 classic Saturday Night Live reference ^_^ (if you are too young to realize the connection, then google it and be educated on why SNL was ever considered funny.)

BTW, the simplest workaround that Blizz could implement would be to simply make all water-based pets Exotics (therefore BM exclusive) and that would eliminate the need to adjust the other specs to deal with when they could be summoned. Also, the system itself has a pretty easy time of deciding when you are swimming or not, so it wouldn't be that hard to add a "Summon Water Pet" type ability that is restricted to being used while swimming.

If you think about it though, right now there are very few actual family types of water-based beasts... Off the top of my head I can think of: thresher, frenzy, shark, orca... Any other non-humanoid mobs that I can think of would qualify as amphibious (like hydras.) :-/ Unless Blizz gets really creative with new mobs in Cata, I don't really see water-pets as all that much of an addition and they would end up purely cosmetic pets (like spirit beasts.)

Any suggestions on what kind of water beasts they should add to expand the possibilities? ^^ All I can come up with that would really be unique would be octopus/squid, sea serpent, sea slug(?)

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    If you think about it though, right now there are very few actual family types of water-based beasts... Off the top of my head I can think of: thresher, frenzy, shark, orca... Any other non-humanoid mobs that I can think of would qualify as amphibious (like hydras.) :-/ Unless Blizz gets really creative with new mobs in Cata, I don't really see water-pets as all that much of an addition and they would end up purely cosmetic pets (like spirit beasts.)

Any suggestions on what kind of water beasts they should add to expand the possibilities? ^^ All I can come up with that would really be unique would be octopus/squid, sea serpent, sea slug(?)
    Actually you could pretty much throw all those things into a single family (call it aquatic or swimmers or whatever). threshers/sharks/frenzies/orcas could all share the same family skill, since they're all quite similar and basically attack the same way (biting the shit out of stuff). Call it "blood in the water" and it could increase the pets attack speed or something.

As far as other aquatic pets we saw some pics of some particularly nasty looking eels and serpents in the alpha leaks, those would make prime pets (anyone remember what the eels were named in little mermaid?).

We've asked for a lot of things as pets, but much of what we have was a surprise when it was first announced (just like foxes), so I'm hopeful on getting some fishy friends.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

LOL Give me a Piranha. I will name it CHOMPS or JAWS !!!! ;D
    My Armory - Tenzi

Actually you could pretty much throw all those things into a single family (call it aquatic or swimmers or whatever). threshers/sharks/frenzies/orcas could all share the same family skill, since they're all quite similar and basically attack the same way (biting the shit out of stuff). Call it "blood in the water" and it could increase the pets attack speed or something.

As far as other aquatic pets we saw some pics of some particularly nasty looking eels and serpents in the alpha leaks, those would make prime pets (anyone remember what the eels were named in little mermaid?).

We've asked for a lot of things as pets, but much of what we have was a surprise when it was first announced (just like foxes), so I'm hopeful on getting some fishy friends.
    Hmm... I don't really see how/why they would limit it to a single family for such different creatures :-/ I mean, wolves/coyotes/hyenas are all related but they each have separate racials, so why would sharks and threshers be lumped together? I do like the name for the ability you came up with though, so I will now pull some ideas out of the black pit of despair called my mind in order to keep this discussion going XD (I'm not going to even hazard a guess to what numbers would be good in Cata, so non-percentages will be represented by letter variables.)

Shark: Blood in the Water
    20 focus, 8sec CD
    Deals X bleed damage to the target and an additional Y bleed damage over 8 sec. Deals an additional 5% damage for each bleed effect on the target.
    Damage bonus applies to both the direct damage & the DOT

Thresher: Haze of the Loch
    30 focus, 60sec CD
    You go into an obscured state causing your enemies' attacks to miss you 50% of the time for 10sec.
    "You" refers to the pet. Uses the new Camouflage graphical effect. Fits in with the elusiveness of Nessie ^^ (btw, has anyone actually ever SEEN her in Deeprun Tram or can she only be picked up w/ tracking?)

Frenzy: School of Despair
    20 focus, 2min CD
    Summons a school of frenzies to help skeletonize a tauren in 30sec. Damage from the summoned frenzies have a 5% chance on hit to reduce the target's movement speed by 20% for 4sec.
    LOL definitely needs to have a better description, but the idea is for a bunch of little guys to show up and bite the hell out of the pet's target. Could be tricky to balance without making it suck though >.<;;

Orca/Whale: Blowhole
    0 focus, 10min CD
    Expel a stream of air bubbles which grant all group members the ability to breathe underwater and swim 10% faster for 10min.
    AOE Water Breathing would be a very nice addition to our toolbox. Swim speed increase will be nice as well. Could tweak the CD/duration if 10min is too much... Hopefully Blizz could come up with a better name or trade will be filled with bad blowhole jokes ^^;;

Orca/Whale: Ramming Speed
    20 focus, 40sec CD
    Slam into the target at high speed dealing X damage and interrupting spellcasting. Has a 5% chance to disorient the target for 3sec.
    Since Blowhole is a purely non-combat ability, figured it would be good for one that actually required a target ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor
    As much as I love aquatic animals, I just wouldn't really dig the Pokémon style of having them just kinda float above the ground/fly out of water as if they were in it. Just isn't WoW's style.
    i think it would be 1000x cooler if they could come out of water but they would flop uselessly behind you until you reach water again.

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk
    lol being able to tame a shark would rock..i mean we can tame crabs atm..so
    Give me s shark !!

Some new possibilities for tamable water pets that blizz should add: Eels, snails, lobsters, sea cucumbers!

Only idea for ability I have atm is:

Sea Cucumber: Spew Innards, 10sec CD, 25focus, melee range attack
    Spew forth your guts into the face of your attacker causing X Shadow damage and reducing their accuracy by 2%, and heals you for 1% of your total health every sec for 5 sec. (All forms of "you" indicate the pet using the attack, not the hunter.)
    Sea cucumbers really can and will spit out their internal organs to distract a predator. They are able to regrow all of the organs, including their heart @_@;; Shadow damage just because we have too many pets that deal Nature and getting a faceful of blood n guts seems like it fits into the Shadow school anyway lol.