Ideas for Twin Peaks.

So...as we have seen on the front page, Twin Peaks is a BG. What kind? Hell if I know. So, it's time for speculation. And I don't mean any of these huge lore speculations about why each faction is fighting. I just mean what the BG is going to be like.

So, here are my thoughts. (And by the way, if there have been a bunch of other threads already about this: Oh well. I'm gonna post my ideas anyways.)

-Could be a Capture the Flag type BG, with a bit more meat to it.

-Two sides of a big map, each with a base at the end.

-In the middle, or maybe on the sides, there is an Aerie, or some kind of aerial creature hatchery, whatever.

-The two sides fight for control of the Aerie, and when one side captures it, they get to spawn either gryphons (wildhammer, alliance) or drake (dragonmaw, horde, and please, dont ask "hurpadurp whered they get dragonsomgalexstraszarape" just go with it.)

-Once you have people up in the air (id say put a limit to the amount of people on the flying mounts), they have to bomb, or somehow attack, the enemy base, while the people on the ground defend the Aerie.

-At a certain point, the gate to the enemy base is destroyed, and ground units can rush in and grab the flag.

-First team to grab the flag and run it back to their base wins. I'd say just 1 cap could do it, since the work of getting the Aerie, and defending it, could be quite a struggle as is.

So, yea...there is my idea. Who knows, it could be the exact same thing someone else has already said, but whatever. And yea, it probably has flaws to it that no doubt people will point out big time.

It's just the stuff that came to mind. Feel free to criticize my ideas straight into the GROUND BABY, post your own ideas, and all that fun stuff.

Edit:

Sigh...fine......just for you Scarage.

TL;DR - HOLY CRAP GRYPHONS VS DRAGONS.
    0_o why you do dat?

Re: Ideas for Twin Peaks.

To much read just explain it with 2 words pls :-*
    Arthas: Father! Is it....over?
    King menethil: No, the raid resets next week.
    Arthas: I see..

Quote Originally Posted by Scarage
    To much read just explain it with 2 words pls :-*
    If you really can't be bothered to read a thread of that length, what are you even doing on mmo-champion? Besides trolling, of course.

EDIT:Forgot to say something on topic: It sounds like a really great idea, and I'd love to play it. It just sounds too simple really. Should add second objectives to it too.

Deleted

Naa, it ruins the whole coolness of both teams having the oposite one's flag.
    WSG was good, badly, i thing it will dissapear in Cata coz of orks conquer ashevale.
    RIP WSG Patch 1.2.0 ( i thing ) - patch 4.0.0 :-[

its a 2forts like CTF map with a slight dog leg.

WSG isn't going anywhere and the orcs don't conquer ashevale.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir
    Naa, it ruins the whole coolness of both teams having the oposite one's flag.
    WSG was good, badly, i thing it will dissapear in Cata coz of orks conquer ashevale.
    RIP WSG Patch 1.2.0 ( i thing ) - patch 4.0.0 :-[
    Not like the alliance ever won anyway. OH SNAP, REMOVE THE CHAIN, CUZ THATS OFF IT.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shirra
    It sounds like a really great idea, and I'd love to play it. It just sounds too simple really. Should add second objectives to it too.
    >.> Play Simon like in Ogri'la in order to hatch the eggs? Idk. xD
    0_o why you do dat?

Quote Originally Posted by ZumaTehMagi
    >.> Play Simon like in Ogri'la in order to hatch the eggs? Idk. xD
    Haha. No, not that kind of second objectives. I'm thinking more like mines and maybe something to unleash npcs on the other side (the wolf/ram riders of AV kind of thing).

I would love to see a dota like situation where you have npcs spawning from both sides to help in the fight and make the battlefield a little more versatile. Of course the only thing close to what im thinking is AV and well we all know how that turned out,

So, it's confirmed - Twin Peaks is another Capture the Flag:
    http://www.wow-europe.com/cataclysm/...9B8.blade02_02
    Interesting, that they emphasize the fact, that the map is asymmetrical... I wonder how this is going to play out.

my vote goes for an airial combat dogfight HQ type of thing like AB. i mean the mechanic is there if you did the basin quest which was actually quite fun. u can do air to air attacks and ground bombs. each side has the tech to build plains and copters. it could be like a huge vehicle based gameplay with foot solier aspects too. it could be a 40 man where the max number of planes is 5 the max number of copters is 5 catapults 5 seige engs 5 demos 5 glaives 5 and so on. i dont see why people have an issue with vehicle combat its funner than hell if you dont like the BG dont play it. i see flaming everywere on isle on conq and imo its the most fun one around with all the diversity to it. anyways thats my thoughts on this

edit: fucking a i just saw the latests post where its a 10v10 wsg just in a new feild. thats not boirng at all. yaaaay new look same shit im sorry but fail on blizzards part at creativity if just wsg in a new zone.

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91

edit: fucking a i just saw the latests post where its a 10v10 wsg just in a new feild. thats not boirng at all. yaaaay new look same shit im sorry but fail on blizzards part at creativity if just wsg in a new zone.
    On the contrary, I love this. There's nothing wrong with the capture the flag gametype. In fact I was kinda hoping we'd see this exact thing, same gametypes at different maps. The nice thing is that THIS bg was designed with all the knowledge they've gained from wsg over the years. Better LOS options, 2 gy's per faction, choke points... should be fun.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account

nah keep it the way it is

no new stuff to mess with warsongs formula of greatness

its a deathmatch for a flag

nuff said