Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So rated battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Source please ?

It will obviously be like arena ratings with +rating and -rating. Why ? Because they want rated BGs to not only be a grind until xxx honor. If you climb more and more in rating even when losin 90+ %, what's the interest of rated BGs ?
    ---------------
    WoW.com:
    Battleground wins will award both rating and arena points. Battleground losses won't punish you with a ratings loss, but also won't award any points. I would assume that you can continue to accrue honor and a single BG token per loss. Points earned will be capped at a certain number (not yet known) per week to keep rated battlegrounds from feeling too "grindy."
    ---------------

http://www.wow.com/2009/08/22/blizzc...of-pvp-titles/

google is your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

say no to LOS , just no

there are already toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much in arenas

They will definitely have to be more serious about it now and hopefully stop nerfing classes/specs by their arena performance (Arms warriors say hi).

Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    You're right.

They should make it a flat plain with no LoS mechanics, and everyone should get 1 button to push, whoever pushes it first wins. The end, purely skill based.
    you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    uhh lore has nothing to do with bgs
    There is lore between every single Battleground, perhaps with AV being the single most lore-filled one.

The lore behind most of the Battlegrounds (most notably IoC and EotS) is slightly weaker than AV , but it's there nonetheless. It just so happens to be a very weak 'fight for the resources on this unnamed speck of land'.

they ruined it i think. Bu ti suppose they tried to balance alliance and horde in bg.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    There is lore between every single Battleground, perhaps with AV being the single most lore-filled one.

The lore behind most of the Battlegrounds (most notably IoC and EotS) is slightly weaker than AV , but it's there nonetheless. It just so happens to be a very weak 'fight for the resources on this unnamed speck of land'.
    I honestly don't even know where Isle of Conquest is even supposed to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb

Blizzard simply created small background stories so RPkids don't rage and say "why are we trying to bring flags to our base?"

bgs are meant to concentrate pvp in one area (something worldpvp failed to do, unless you count SS)

not to tell a story

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    Blizzard simply created small background stories so RPkids don't rage and say "why are we trying to bring flags to our base?"

bgs are meant to concentrate pvp in one area (something worldpvp failed to do, unless you count SS)

not to tell a story

WoW is a video game with tons of lore behind it. If they just start doing whatever they wanted with no regards to story, it wouldn't make sense at all.

inb4factionchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    WoW is a video game with tons of lore behind it. If they just start doing whatever they wanted with no regards to story, it wouldn't make sense at all.

inb4factionchanges.
    There could still be some night elves defending a last post in Warsong Gulch. Lore is an unimportant issue since the moment you can modify it a bit.