Dirtyranga Ret pvp

Hey guys.

Fisrt up my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Dirtyranga

Been a pretty hardcore raider in wrath and never paid any attention to To the pvP sides of the game except for the odd arathi basin or WG here and there.

Last 2 weeks, i decided to start doing some arena. My 2's partner is a disc priest and Ele shaman. Both my mates toon, depends which one he feels like using.

Just wanted some advise for What gear i should be aiming for now. I just purchased the horde trinket.

I was thinking maybe going 5/5 relentles or maybe Get a relentles ring. Not sure.

Would love some pro tips.

Re: Dirtyranga Ret pvp

Could still do with some work guys.

More gemming then before, Do i stack full strength or do i gem for blue sockets with 10str/10stam?

Also, Any help with gearing would be apreciated.

15+ Year Old Account

Aim for full resil gear, the cloak with hit on it, both rings (current and last seasons), and run with Medallion and DC.

Remember too, that you only need 5% hit in PvP.
    Glyphs/spec is fine, but if you want to be more Offensive spec for Imp BoM and trade out Salvation for SoR glyph. If you want to remain defensive, then drop Imp BoM for Vindication and use Kings on yourself.

Cheers ron,

I took your advice on the glyph, I swapped in the SoR one. Will have to test it more later on.

With the rings though, is it really worth losing the ashen verdict one for a 245 resil ring? Other then that, hopefully next week ill have enough arena points to be able to buy relentles chest and save my EoF for the helm.

Thnx for the advice,

Ranga.

10+ Year Old Account

I love the name.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bia
    Cheers ron,

I took your advice on the glyph, I swapped in the SoR one. Will have to test it more later on.

With the rings though, is it really worth losing the ashen verdict one for a 245 resil ring? Other then that, hopefully next week ill have enough arena points to be able to buy relentles chest and save my EoF for the helm.

Thnx for the advice,

Ranga.

Ideally, you want the STRENGTH rep ring and the current season ring- I assumed though that you were using your Rep ring for PvE, and that PvP was an offspec.

Agility ring is better , and i believe u cant play lolret at bg9 , u should Sword and Board and spec prot if u aim for tier 1 weap at least good luck

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snc
    Agility ring is better , and i believe u cant play lolret at bg9 , u should Sword and Board and spec prot if u aim for tier 1 weap at least good luck
    Not for PvP, no. The Strength ring is better (More AP, More Stamina).

Ret's excel at BGs, and are "ok" in Arena (but can easily be replaced with a Prot/Holy paladin).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Not for PvP, no. The Strength ring is better (More AP, More Stamina).

Ret's excel at BGs, and are "ok" in Arena (but can easily be replaced with a Prot/Holy paladin).
    You going for strenght while u got 39-40% crit Ron , this guy still wearing furious.
    Jesus :P

I also checked your armory and doesnt look like u got much xp in arena, unless u got another pally

Personally, I run with 2pT10 for 2v2 and Battlegrounds. It's -hilarious-.

lolcleansebot
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Personally, I run with 2pT10 for 2v2 and Battlegrounds. It's -hilarious-.
    Yeah for battlegrounds it is , for arena now u make rogues killing u with 2 envenoms instead of 3, survivability is so shity and they tunnel u 24/7 ;D

Yeah for battlegrounds it is , for arena now u make rogues killing u with 2 envenoms instead of 3, survivability is so shity and they tunnel u 24/7 ;D
    When I was doing 2v2, I ran with an Elemental Shaman. Needless to say, we did the tunneling.

15+ Year Old Account

You going for strenght while u got 39-40% crit Ron , this guy still wearing furious.
    Jesus :P

I also checked your armory and doesnt look like u got much xp in arena, unless u got another pally
    The STR ring is still better for itemization for PvP.

And I'll say what I always say whenever some says the "Lol you haven't done it" excuse:
    Just because I haven't downed LK Heroic, doesn't mean I don't know the mechanics

For those of us that don't crutch on resil...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Sunstrike

Ignore the stam/str gems, i was experimenting, switching back to full str. Resil is a useless stat outside of 3s, and if you're playing rogue/ret/priest then you dont get resil either. I thought stacking resil was leetskeet, but I got sick of it, I ended up being more successful going the pvehero route.

*Edit* adding my reasons besides going to zilch resil....I noticed that stacking all that resil was prolonging a loss. Causing me to not put out the pressure needed to kill targets. If you are aware of your positioning, and know how to kite or "sword n' board" when focused it won't affect you. Regardless of how high my resil was, I still found myself getting destroyed by casters. Since then, I haven't had an issue dealing with them, because I force them to go defensive pretty quickly.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

Remember too, that you only need 5% hit in PvP.
    5% is meh, get 6 or 7%, the racials and talents that cause less hit can be game breaking, especially blood elves, night elves, rogues, druids, and paladins. When you miss the game winning repentance, HoJ, or damage ability, you'll see why I go for ~6.5%

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SunstrikeSC
    5% is meh, get 6 or 7%, the racials and talents that cause less hit can be game breaking, especially blood elves, night elves, rogues, druids, and paladins. When you miss the game winning repentance, HoJ, or damage ability, you'll see why I go for ~6.5%
    same for me, ive lost a battle because of a missed judgement ><

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    same for me, ive lost a battle because of a missed judgement ><
    not to mention it's our "mp5" sigh, makes me cringe missing judgements (especially justice on the 'trying-to-escape rogue).