Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: "Yeah, I don't heal warlocks!"

Are we actually taking about 'locks that tap to 5% health? Because it seems all of those that say they wouldn't heal a 'lock also mention this proviso.

The OPs situ was one where his abilities had not even been demonstrated, and the healer had a blanket policy regardless of the 'lock play-style.

From a lock player, my opinion of one that drops themselves to 5% health, that even *needs* to do that is not a good 'lock.

If the healer has hot's just ask him to cast one of his hots on you in between pulls and won't be any problems.

anyway healers who say stuff like that should really stop bitching its a mechanic of a class get used to it...

just my 2 cents

Locks who life tap to <5% HP in combat really need to think a little. If you do that to me I will not refuse to heal you, but you will go to lowest priority target for heals.
    Stop at 50% HP and wait for a heal, tap some more.
    On my drooood, if I see a lock with low mana, full health, I stick a HoT on them so they can life tap away. Hell, I'll even use my innervate on the lock.

My main is a resto druid and I generally throw a Rejuv on a warlock which should keep him covered if he needs to life tap.

Except for this one time in BRD... 2 warlocks whose rotation consisted solely of Life Tap and Hellfire o.O

As a disci 5-man healing priest, I always heal through lifetaps. True, it's my mana for the warlock's mana, but i seldom get oom.

When i run a hc and i got a lock in grp the first time he taps i throw him the biggest heal i got just to let him know he can tap all he wants, srsly the discussion is pretty nonsens, healers are standing around/dpsing most of the time in hc's nowadays so why would you even think about bitching at the lock for the mana you got anyway.

Low lvl behaviour should be a bit different though, if the tank has to stop pulling because the healer runs oom it should be common sense for a lock to drink himself instead of tap and wait to be healed after the healer is done drinking, but ye i guess common sense is not for everyone

Deleted

Childish from the healers 'oh noes stealing my mana' boohoo.
    On my feral tank even I trow a rejuv or regrowth between pulls if a lock is low on mana , usually they get the idea and start lifetapping.
    Just heal them , not like one damn heal is draining your entire mana pool , your only sloweing down everything with that attitude and tbh , i would kick healers doing that from my groups or raids without a sweat.
    Just do your damn job and that is healing everybody who is not at full health.

I rarely play warlocks myself, so have not noticed lack of healing - not counting times when horrible healers don't really heal anyone in the group..

When on my healers (or why not occasionally on my dps with healing abilities) I heal warlocks just like I heal other classes,
    but if I'm low on mana and struggle to even have the time to drink between pulls, I may let the locks handle their own health after tapping.

Actually gotten a lot of strange complaints from some of them after healing - "Don't heal me!!" - never gotten an explanation for it, is it some e-peen thing to be self sufficient? Do they want to show off how awesome gear they have to recover with? I don't get it.

*shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account

I usually tell healers to not heal me if i don't go below 50%. And i Life Tap to be above 50% health. But even then i still get a HoT on me...
    Oh and... play smart! Life Tap during pulls, and never more than twice, this way you're taking damage from some AoE and not just eat up the healers mana...
    Play like this and they won't even notice!
    Oh and... if the healer pulls aggro let him die! "Yeah, i don't save douchbags!"...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

on my healer i prefer healing warlocks over no warlocks there because life as a BoA'd healer is boring until 80. The only rough spots are at 58 and 68 if you have an undergeared tank and are running ramparts/utgarde keep. but the rest of the time its boring.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Deleted

1. Don't Lifetap to 10% health just before or during combat. Actually don't Lifetap to 10% health ever.
    2. If the healer has to drink during a run, you need to be eating/drinking/bandaging too when the group is having a break. Otherwise you're just slowing the group down, as the healer needs to take many more mana breaks to keep your mana up.
    3. Use rank 1 Lifetap if you're already at full mana to get the spellpower buff up.
    4. Don't Hellfire if the healer has any mana problems. Just don't do it at all.
    5. If you're leveling as Affliction, you should never need to Lifetap at all once you get Dark Pact. Improved Felhunter makes you very close to infinite mana for leveling purposes.

As long as you're doing the above, some healing for lifetapping should be expected. Just remember that a healers mana isn't infinite in 5-mans when leveling unlike at max level. You're not just screwing the healer by poor mana management, but the entire group as the healer needs to take double the mana breaks to keep your hellfire using ass alive.

Nothing is more annoying than watching a warlock wait at 20% health and 50% mana while the healer is drinking, whether I'm the healer or not. When the healer is at full, he heals the warlock to full who then lifetaps more and needs more healing, which causes the healer to need to drink again. Don't be a jerk. Take the opportunity to get your mana back while the healer is getting his.

Depends on the situation.
    At 80, it obviously isn't a problem, unless the healer might have recently reached 80 and might not have so much good gear.

But when you're leveling there is something people don't notice.
    You just did a pull, required alot of healing, and the healer is low on mana and asks for a mana break.
    When he sits down to drink, a Warlock decided to Life tap down to 5% or whatever it was, and then "Commands" the healer to heal him up.

Now the healer have to waste mana just to top of that guy again, and sit down again to drink and get full mana, which is quite a pain.

Why couldn't the Warlock just drink aswell at the same time as the healer, and if he still didn't have max mana when the healer is done, he could life-tap a little?
    Just because he can gain mana back with life-tapping, doesn't mean he should skip carrying drinks with him and always life-tap for mana instead.

Of-course if he needs a little mana between pulls, he can life-tap it, as that's totally fine by me.
    But life-tapping to 5% just because he can't be arsed to drink instead, that's just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    As long as you don't tap up the whole pool at once or tap a lot right in the middle of combat
    ^ Otherwise, I don't care, I like green bars

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrer
    Actually gotten a lot of strange complaints from some of them after healing - "Don't heal me!!" - never gotten an explanation for it, is it some e-peen thing to be self sufficient? Do they want to show off how awesome gear they have to recover with? I don't get it.
    If we're not in immediate danger you can save your mana for others or faster pulls, we'll get that health back! It's not e-peen or anything, it's just helping you and the group move faster and getting things done faster/easier!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso

2. If the healer has to drink during a run, you need to be eating/drinking/bandaging too when the group is having a break. Otherwise you're just slowing the group down, as the healer needs to take many more mana breaks to keep your mana up.
    This is the only thing that bothers me.

I've not yet been screamed at, or hurrassed by a healer for life tapping. Normally when I life tap its once time right after my first set of dots because I have haunt. So Haunt + Fel armor + Drain Life = Win. Normally they just renew/dot me anyhow.

Though I also play a healer, and personally could care less when/if they life tap. When I made a healer it was quiet obvious that as one we would have to actually ... ya know HEAL someone. Regardless if self inflicted or not. Personally I feel if people are to high and mighty to do their job properly they should just delete their healer.

Same to be said for warlocks who are retarded and life tap till they are going to die then jump into a fight both feet first. Sadly every class will have some moron making it look bad.

When I was leveling my priest healer (Pre-BC) I went to heal RFD and some mage bubbles himself has me bubble him then runs ahead of the tank, AOEs and yells at me because I couldn't keep his under level, poorly geared clothie ass alive. :] I "kindly" told him in a very colourful sense where he could take his mana bar and stuff it. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I think its very important the the warlock not use the healer as a mana battery. By the same token the healer should recognize that warlocks cannot heal themselves as effectively as a healer, they still need healing, just like everyone in the group (except paladins and druids, who are op).

When healing dungeons with my leveling priest, i objected to warlocks that expected me to heal them during downtime so they didn't have to eat/drink. It's fine if I have the mana to spare, or we are in combat, but when the mage and I sit down to drink, and are pleading with the group to please wait cos we are oom... i don't expect the warlock to stand there life tapping.

This is ofcourse referring to Lifetap dmg, not dmg from mobs.

I play a resto druid for my alt...i went resto at lvl 40 and im currently lvl 67.
    I always tell warlocks they can life tap all they want. So far ive never had a problem with mana or anything. i mean innervate every 3 mins whats the prob?

For me it usually goes like this...after the pull is dead and the lock is full HP and low mana i hit em with a rejuv, if they are good they know that this is the time to life tap. If they suck they just sit there with low mana and dont tap and waste the rejuv....i even had one lock ask me why i was healing him when he was full HP. oh well.

I don't mind warlocks who use lifetap properly, but not when they are already taking heavy party damage and seem to not know how to self heal.

When im playing my shammy level 51, who is leveling as resto in lfg, I always tell locks to lifetab 1000hp; because then I can throw a fast LHW and we are good to go again. Just tell them how much they shall Tab, it works =)