Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Theory] "There must always be a LK" & a cookie

My theory, even if Blizzard failed to explain it in game is:

How the Forsaken or Death Knights of the world will be kept "undead", if you destroy the LK and his armour completly? I know he raises them, and not always keep the control - but there must be a power which keeps them undead and not dead.

Also, here's a cookie for the trolls and haters:

*click it for more cookies*

Re: [Possible explaination] "There must always be a LK"

nomnomnom
    It's hard to play ret

Both the Forsaken and DK's broke free of the LK's control, hence he has no control over them otherwise the KotEB would have never existed 'cause Mr LK would have just killed them straight away, and the same goes for the Forsaken with Slyvanas helping the Undead that manage to break free to stay free.

Just cause the LK made em doesnt ean he has full control over them. LK gave Sylvanas some sense of awareness so that she knew exactly what she was being made to do and she used that to escape him and break free and DKs were given more control over themselves than slyvanas which is why they were so highly ranked in the scourges armys.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SirDerpalot
    nomnomnom

'nuff said.

OT: I don't think thats why, they are already risen, why do they need a driving force to stay risen?

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Infringement
    Both the Forsaken and DK's broke free of the LK's control, hence he has no control over them otherwise the KotEB would have never existed 'cause Mr LK would have just killed them straight away, and the same goes for the Forsaken with Slyvanas helping the Undead that manage to break free to stay free.

Just cause the LK made em doesnt ean he has full control over them. LK gave Sylvanas some sense of awareness so that she knew exactly what she was being made to do and she used that to escape him and break free and DKs were given more control over themselves than slyvanas which is why they were so highly ranked in the scourges armys.
    You didnt get the point. Like I said he has no power over the Forsaken or the majority of his Death Knights.

I ment, what power keeps them undead or "alive". It's just a theory, and a way better one, for the "there must always be a LK" line of Blizzard.

If they have no king they would wash over the planet like a locusts swarm....

Bolvar explained this....

We as players are supposed to to under the premise that there are MILLIONS of mindless undead roaming and that those millions would begin to ravage everything and anything around them all at once. OF course blizz couldnt fit millions of them actually into the game or else it would crash. Arthas kept those millions at bay to an extent.

Some of you people really over analyze this stuff

there must always be a dk is fail tbh 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart

Yeah, that. It's already been explained.

It's said somewhere that the Forsaken are just kept alive by their own will power.

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Mostly false, he could've controlled the undead to kill themselves or just make the "Heroes of Azeroth" wipe them out.

I mean, we wiped out the Lich king and all his Generals (ICC Bosses) Why can't we wipe out a few undead?

Looking at it geographically, there aren't that many undead left. Maybe a few legions, but not enough to threaten us. I mean, they're mindless killing machines, not really hard to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Summergale

'nuff said.

OT: I don't think thats why, they are already risen, why do they need a driving force to stay risen?
    when a dk dies his pet vanishes! :O

It's simple, really. The undead are capable of wiping out all life on Azeroth, but the Lich King was controlling them and stopping them from doing this via his helmet. He didn't want to destroy the world, but rather turn the worlds greatest champions and then enslave the mortal races to create an evil empire.

So LK just wants to rule the world, not destroy it like the Twilight's Hammer. The scourge without a Lich King, however, would not care about such things, and would rather just go rampant and kill everyone. This is why someone has to keep controlling the scourge.

Re: [Theory] "There must always be a LK" & a cookie

I fail to understand how we can't just aoe down all the scourge.
    I mean, even if, for some miraculous reason, their health pools of 10k withstands the bombardment of rain of fire, fan of knives, hurricane, blizzard and moar, there's still endless mana pools of healers who will heal the tanks that can aoe taunt everyone to death.
    Plus, there's always walls to los pull behind, or the best thing:
    just jump on some prop on the ground, and all the scourge that survived the aoe will evade and flee, while we get our mana pools back.

Blizzard's lore loses to ingame truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Most of the undead are leaving Azeroth. Look at the new WPL and EPL screenshots. They're starting to see new life and the cauldron fields are missing the cauldrons.

As for the Lich King sticking around: The damage has been done. The undead have already risen. Arthas kept them at bay because however evil he may have been, he still had a bit of humanity left.

We have to remember that shattering the armor would allow the undead armies to ravage Azeroth and release Ner'Zul.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    I fail to understand how we can't just aoe down all the scourge.
    I mean, even if, for some miraculous reason, their health pools of 10k withstands the bombardment of rain of fire, fan of knives, hurricane, blizzard and moar, there's still endless mana pools of healers who will heal the tanks that can aoe taunt everyone to death.
    Plus, there's always walls to los pull behind, or the best thing:
    just jump on some prop on the ground, and all the scourge that survived the aoe will evade and flee, while we get our mana pools back.

Blizzard's lore loses to ingame truth.
    Game mechanics like hit points and dps don't represent the lore. Lorewise, Nefarian was probably stronger than Sartharion, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephyxia
    Mostly false, he could've controlled the undead to kill themselves or just make the "Heroes of Azeroth" wipe them out.

I mean, we wiped out the Lich king and all his Generals (ICC Bosses) Why can't we wipe out a few undead?

Looking at it geographically, there aren't that many undead left. Maybe a few legions, but not enough to threaten us. I mean, they're mindless killing machines, not really hard to fight.
    Ever saw the movie 300? That is how it would end. It's not the quality but the quantity. One hero might take out 1000 Scourge before dying but there will be loads left.
    Oh and let's not forget that that hero will be raised. Hey the Scourge have a powerful Hero on their side.. We're F'ed!
    You also seem to look at this from a Player perspective. It's not like there are 1000 Heroes!
    My best guess is that there are 50 Heroes at most. The rest is just your average footsoldier that dies after maybe 2 scourge units. So we have 50 Heroes against a 10000+ Scourge. We will die horribly....
    Everything tastes like Chicken! Even Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelalas
    Ever saw the movie 300? That is how it would end. It's not the quality but the quantity. One hero might take out 1000 Scourge before dying but there will be loads left.
    Oh and let's not forget that that hero will be raised. Hey the Scourge have a powerful Hero on their side.. We're F'ed!
    You also seem to look at this from a Player perspective. It's not like there are 1000 Heroes!
    My best guess is that there are 50 Heroes at most. The rest is just your average footsoldier that dies after maybe 2 scourge units. So we have 50 Heroes against a 10000+ Scourge. We will die horribly....
    Ending of 300? Ever watch it?

All the normal armies go and wipe out the opposing faction.

If you've seen Cataclysm screenshots, you can see how diminished the undead are. Why then do we need a Lich King? Obviously cause it's all a Lie.

Ner'zhul already controls Bolvar's consciousness and only made everything up to make everyone think everything is okay. He's just buying time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll
    It's simple, really. The undead are capable of wiping out all life on Azeroth, but the Lich King was controlling them and stopping them from doing this via his helmet. He didn't want to destroy the world, but rather turn the worlds greatest champions and then enslave the mortal races to create an evil empire.

So LK just wants to rule the world, not destroy it like the Twilight's Hammer. The scourge without a Lich King, however, would not care about such things, and would rather just go rampant and kill everyone. This is why someone has to keep controlling the scourge.
    I don't buy that explanation. Why not just do it then, and when your near the end, then pull back on the reins and tell the scourge stop killing so he can enslave (presumably because scourge can't reproduce, to basically farm everything living). I mean, when those scourge go out and start gallivanting around, Mr. LK would be able to rez anything they killed anyways.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Sephyxia
    Ending of 300? Ever watch it?

All the normal armies go and wipe out the opposing faction.

If you've seen Cataclysm screenshots, you can see how diminished the undead are. Why then do we need a Lich King? Obviously cause it's all a Lie.

Ner'zhul already controls Bolvar's consciousness and only made everything up to make everyone think everything is okay. He's just buying time.

Yup, the truth must be told man.

Ner'zhul, aka the lich king, is actually a demonic night elf who is in fact just the humanoid form of a massive black dragon.
    You are simply not prepared to face the hunger of frostmourne as <deathwing quote not yet implemented>

Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]