Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: I can't believe people have stooped this low...

Wow just wow. I wish i was rich i'd be doing this to all the trade trolls. Would definitely be fun to clean out trade chat and raids of all the annoying peeps.

On a sidenote doing it to someone just for a server first is just wrong. Now being an internet hero and cleaning out all the idiots in trade would be epic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio
    I have access to the forums of the guild that did it. They have a few screenshots of purchasing the stuff under this guys characters name.
    I have access to Photoshop and can easily fake just about any screenshot you would like me to fake. I also don't see how this guild could be so stupid as to actually post on their guild website the proof of them plotting to get another player banned by conducting actions against the EULA themselves and shifting the blame to the aforementioned player. Sorry, but I just don't buy it.

Deleted

How can you ban someone for getting a mail with 1xxxxxxx gold? Sure its not legal to buy gold, but wtf how do you report something like that?
    'I think that dude over the buys gold because he ... has .. I think ... 1xxxx gold ..!! BAN HIM!'

actually, that was a clever tactic!

Pretty sure if 10k+ gold ended up on any of my characters unless it was a legit mistake I am keeping it and will not get in trouble for it. Finders keepers remember?

This is nothing.

Heard a story from EVE (secondhand), one alliance trying to invade another back when titans were stupidly overpowered. Like, thing thing comes into battle and the invaders are fucked. So they had to find a way to stop it from coming to defend when they launched their invasion.

They ended up paying some guy to go to the house of the guy that owned the titan and PHYSICALLY CUT HIS POWER. It did not come to this, however, because someone hacked his e-mail account and discovered he'd been getting kickbacks from a GM, he was banned, the titan removed.

Internet spaceships is serious business.

Haha, crafty bastards.

Although it's very wrong of them to do so, it's still a smart move.

Wow what a bunch of spring scented douchebags.....
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5GHz) | Asus P8Z68 | 16GB G Skill Ripjaw 1600MHz | Asus GTX 680 4GB | 2x G Skill Phoenix III 120GB | Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | Raidmax 730ss | Sony Optiarc DVDRW | NZXT Sentry 2 | 9x Thermaltake 120mm | 1x Coolermaster 230mm

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk
    If I had a chance to keep the gold, I'd clearly sacrifice a few days play time for it.
    I believe the ban for that is 30 days and if you get caught one more time you dont get your account back.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    "Right" Response: That's terrible.

"My" Response: Wow...gotta give those guys credit for creativity. Seriously.
    Word. Creativity is always a bit admirable. I remember a robbery which occured here in Sweden, where the robbers have flewn in with helicopters and stuff. Usually I see criminals as scumbag, but not that time. Would have been different if someone was killed though
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio
    On a server which will remain unnamed it appears a guild has actually paid a gold selling site to send gold to a character in a guild that is going for server firsts against them. They paid for the gold and told the gold sellers to send the gold to the guilds maintank and then reported him for buying gold. The maintank is now temp-banned for having received several thousand gold and their guild was unable to get any decent attempts on new heroic modes because of it (shortage of tanks).

The main tank that got temp-banned is an A-hole but no one deserves this...

I actually can't believe that I haven't heard of this happening before.

What the hell? how can people get away with this?
    You're the guy in the first guild that came up with the plan and paid for the gold, aren't cha, aren't cha? 0.O
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Wow....it boggles the mind how easily most of you people get trolled.

......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

^ Doesn't know what trolling is.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    ^ Doesn't know what trolling is.
    The arrow is pointing in the wrong direction bro.

I've actually had this in mind (not that I would ever do it, but it's smart). But why didn't the tank just report it to a GM before taking the money?

10+ Year Old Account

They are heroes, definatly.

10+ Year Old Account

1.I would have never thought of doing that. That freaking Genius
    2. That's just mean
    3.I would have never thought of doing that. That freaking Genius
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Fucking genius if you ask me haha.
    NERDS ;D

Lame + easy to get away with it because its outside wow.