Mage Starter PvP Gear

Hey,

My mage is 79 right now, will be 80 just after tonight's raid on my main. I want this mage to be focused on PvP mainly (at least at the beginning, I'll see later), and I have to admit that I don't know how to gear her.

I mean, I know I want spell/haste/spellpen, but how much of each ? I've taken a look at some of the top 50 mages and their stats vary greatly (500-900 haste, 600-1100 resil, 75-130 penetration) so yeah I'd like to know what are the MMO-C'ers opinions on this one :
    - How much spell pen ? 75 to counter arcane resist vs druid ? Or 130 to counter paladin frost aura ?
    - How much haste ?
    - How much resil ? That must depend on the comp but whatever.

Also, I've made this profile :
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21379467

This would be starter gear, easy to obtain etc., so yeah, what do you think ? Any major errors in the gear, talents, glyphs ?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Re: Mage Starter PvP Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    I mean, I know I want spell/haste/spellpen, but how much of each ? I've taken a look at some of the top 50 mages and their stats vary greatly (500-900 haste, 600-1100 resil, 75-130 penetration) so yeah I'd like to know what are the MMO-C'ers opinions on this one :
    - How much spell pen ? 75 to counter arcane resist vs druid ? Or 130 to counter paladin frost aura ?
    - How much haste ?
    - How much resil ? That must depend on the comp but whatever.

Also, I've made this profile :
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21379467

This would be starter gear, easy to obtain etc., so yeah, what do you think ? Any major errors in the gear, talents, glyphs ?

Thanks.
    - 75 spen is the basic amount, as its all the pen you'll need for arcane spells (most important being sheep) Its best to get 130 for frost PVP, as a resisted deep freeze or freeze sucks.
    - the minumum FROST PVP haste number is 685. this is so that ideally, you can deepfreeze --> 2x Fb and ice lance on the 2nd FB, all in a single shatter. if you lag, you'll need more. Arcane has no minimum. but more haste = faster burst.
    -i'd like to point out here, as a frost mage, your SP is also a defensive stat. stack it.
    -As for resil, try starting high and going lower when you and your partner get better at avoiding damage. As you get higher rating, you should consider higher resil, cap is at 1440.

as for your profile:

-get shrivelled heart. easier to obtain.
    -belt and boots require rating, replace them with relentless sets.

and take a point outta winter's chill, and toss it into frostbite. its getting nerfed next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

15+ Year Old Account

685 haste would get your GCD down to 1.24 seconds, which would mean you would have 3.76 seconds left on deep freeze in which to get off two frostbolts and a shatter. you would need a frostbolt cast time of under 1.83 seconds to achieve this if you run with 100 or less MS. frostbolt is 3 seconds base, or 2.3 after talents so you would need 25.68% haste to get attain this and 685 haste is only 20.89%, do you're roughly 4.6% short or 151 rating off.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    685 haste would get your GCD down to 1.24 seconds, which would mean you would have 3.76 seconds left on deep freeze in which to get off two frostbolts and a shatter. you would need a frostbolt cast time of under 1.83 seconds to achieve this if you run with 100 or less MS. frostbolt is 3 seconds base, or 2.3 after talents so you would need 25.68% haste to get attain this and 685 haste is only 20.89%, do you're roughly 4.6% short or 151 rating off.
    So what you're saying is the minimum haste amount with 100ms latency to get 2 FB + 1 Ice Lance into the freeze is 836 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

15+ Year Old Account

roughly yeah.
    BfA Beta Time

I wouldn't worry about getting a FB-FB-IL off in early gear levels.

Whoops, i'll do better math next time >_<

anyways, the whole idea was to present the TS with a reasonably attainable goal and why its important to obtain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME