Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PvP is OK in WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    its broken as long as hydrids classes deal more dmg with equally sounding abilities then pure dps...
    for example Ferocious Bite critted 6.7k on me in arena (1.1k res, 36k hp, full plate warrior) and then i never see rogues critting that high with evis or not even envenom...max 4.5k seen on myself.
    and retri paladins critting 5k+ with Judgement that is not reflectable, no resistance to it, and its ranged. and im not even mentioning their melee dmg :S
    NOT FAIR!!!
    First of all, what gear you use?
    Second, I heardz Ret Paladins are OPz in 2s and 3s? (Do not mention Protret)
    Third, I run HC Bryntroll, Relent/wrath in some PvE HC ICC pieces. I max crit slightly above 4.3k on a full resi.
    And last: They wont make Hybrids do less damage, and dont QQ you have mortal strike unlike pallies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Is the warrior sad that his class is broken in s8?
    I dont play a warrrior....
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

The people missing BC PvP are the druids & Warriors even thought they both have it pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    its broken as long as hydrids classes deal more dmg with equally sounding abilities then pure dps...
    for example Ferocious Bite critted 6.7k on me in arena (1.1k res, 36k hp, full plate warrior) and then i never see rogues critting that high with evis or not even envenom...max 4.5k seen on myself.
    and retri paladins critting 5k+ with Judgement that is not reflectable, no resistance to it, and its ranged. and im not even mentioning their melee dmg :S
    NOT FAIR!!!

i max crit 4k on a lucky day with mortal strike on a healer in arena...and im still wearing ramaladni, slightly outdated by now.

In bg the numbers are bigger because everyone doesnt have full pvp gear.

example of the too high dmg in BGs these days: lets say a priest has normal amount of health with arena gear 26k-29k unbuffed depending how good gear, and a warlock in same kind of top end arena gear can crit 10k on him....thats over third of his health, and with ONE SPELL!!!! no absorbs included in this scenario...assuming it has alrdy broken from earlier 10k conflagrate :P
    The difference is that you, as a warrior, have shits to reduce healing at least 50%, you have interrupts, you have insane burst in like 10 secs. The poor Kitty has no such thing... so stop QQ when you are the most op class in what refers to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Boub and Deathwing have never been seen in the same room together. Jus sayin.

I see no troll, those are some of the most complicated team makeups there are. Next thing you'll be saying that frost mages are good at duels. Which obviously a warrior is the most balanced 1vs1 pvp class in game.

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    The people missing BC PvP are the druids & Warriors even thought they both have it pretty decent.
    I miss BC pvp because there was more to it than just arena. It seemed like BG's were much more active, obviously since raids weren't the face roll they are now meaning more players. And one thing I really miss about pvp was the time when Blizzard cared and started banning a ton of afk people in bg's. It didn't last long term, but you really noticed a lot less bots and afk's during that time and I've never had more fun playing than during that month or so.

But now you come to modern pvp, which is arena or bust. BG's are jokes now as bots have come a long way since the early days and it can be hard to tell who is a bot sometimes just by looking at where people are on the map or what their stats are. Heck I remember one druid I saw that put himself at the bottom of the LM in a little nook where it looked on the map like he was defending it, but his mod shifted him from cat form to heal, back to cat and into stealth again. And that seems like a rather basic mod to me as I've heard of much worse. People are going out of their way to afk in bg's for whatever reasons and with world pvp dead, all that's left is arena. Here's hoping rated BG's will fix it, as sandbox arena just doesn't feel like epic pvp to me.

When prot warriors and palas rule the fields in low level BGs, something is wrong, a prot pala at 60 can easily crit 4k+ with Avenger's Shield and a prot warr can EASILY crit 6k+ with revenge at level 69, sure they can have high survival but why should they have insane dmg and high survival?(and their silences).

Quote Originally Posted by maleita
    The difference is that you, as a warrior, have shits to reduce healing at least 50%, you have interrupts, you have insane burst in like 10 secs. The poor Kitty has no such thing... so stop QQ when you are the most op class in what refers to pvp.
    Have you tried interrupting as an arms warrior ? Yeah might crit a new dinged level 80 clothie for 7k+ ooooh :O
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Raegar
    You play:

Warlock
    Rdruid
    DK.

I have said enough.

Pick a class that isnt as OP in arena as others and then say it again
    Actually yes, some of my friends say the same thing. But, you know, every class can be good, if you play it accordingly.

Nevertheless, I am slowly (but surely ) leveling a hunter, which clearly is not that easy to play.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mtr
    Actually yes, some of my friends say the same thing. But, you know, every class can be good, if you play it accordingly.

Nevertheless, I am slowly (but surely ) leveling a hunter, which clearly is not that easy to play.
    Hunters aren't that hard to play, you might be frustrated at first when a target LoS's you, but you just need to realize you can switch to his partner and draw out ur primary target.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

The class representation is far more balanced currently than in TBC/S5. I've played more than a dozen comps including ones with moonkins.

When a person is bad, their first assumption is usually that everyone else is playing an easier game, when in all honesty, if that were true, the person should just reroll another person's class if it really will give them +1000 rating.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

Sure,arenas are balanced in season 8,I wonder if you played during s6 or s5 though?
    In s5,dk's were op as shit,terrible players that couldn't get past 1.5k on their other chars could roll 2.2k within a day by teaming up with an equally op and terribad paladin.
    In s6,it was common knowledge that resto shamans were extremely underpowered,everyone that played resto during that season knows what I'm talking about and can feel my pain.

Also,wotlk bg's are absolutely horrible.No sir,I don't like controling a keyboard turning demolisher and I sure as hell don't like a bg that is a failed mixture of everything.I've reached the point of actually praying to get wsg or ab when I que for my daily (15 min horde ques for the win btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Lafleur
    Sure,arenas are balanced in season 8,I wonder if you played during s6 or s5 though?
    In s5,dk's were op as shit,terrible players that couldn't get past 1.5k on their other chars could roll 2.2k within a day by teaming up with an equally op and terribad paladin.
    In s6,it was common knowledge that resto shamans were extremely underpowered,everyone that played resto during that season knows what I'm talking about and can feel my pain.

Also,wotlk bg's are absolutely horrible.No sir,I don't like controling a keyboard turning demolisher and I sure as hell don't like a bg that is a failed mixture of everything.I've reached the point of actually praying to get wsg or ab when I que for my daily (15 min horde ques for the win btw).
    Honestly, S6 wasn't that bad. There were exceptions, like Rshamans. But for the most part, it was alright. And meh, even Rshamans could find teams; we ran with mediocre one in our 5s to 2300. And said Shaman ran Ret/Hunter/Rshaman to 2200+ that season as well. But damn, I wish I played in S5 even though every S5 DK Glad is thoroughly mocked for getting a free title and mount.

As for the BGs, yeah, they sucked. Vehicle combat in general is just terrible. WG isn't exactly fun either.

But I honestly think PvP in WotLK, excluding the disaster of S5, was pretty decent. Although I do wish they didn't quite screw over 2s like they did. Taking away Gladiator and T2 weapons was all that was needed IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Razariel
    Although I do wish they didn't quite screw over 2s like they did. Taking away Gladiator and T2 weapons was all that was needed IMO.
    Forgot to mention that,yea,taking away the shoulders was pretty stupid to be honest >.

Quote Originally Posted by Relictus
    The class representation is far more balanced currently than in TBC/S5. I've played more than a dozen comps including ones with moonkins.

When a person is bad, their first assumption is usually that everyone else is playing an easier game, when in all honesty, if that were true, the person should just reroll another person's class if it really will give them +1000 rating.
    rerolling is not something people do on a dime tho. i'll never get how some of the more hardcore pvp's i argue with act like rerolling is so ez. i can't even get my rogue from 70 to 80 with how painfully redundant it is, even with heirlooms :P

15+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah it's fine to take somebody 100->0 in a 4sec lockout. I see how that takes skill and is balanced.

Actually, the game will be closer to balance when your wizard cleave, for example, is about anything other than Fear someone to middle -> GO HIM! Or Thuderstorm someone off bridge/into corner in Dalaran arena -> GO HIM!

Or the TSG tunneling 24/7, suddenly killing someone with no hots on and calling it a 'pro' switch, patting each others shoulders.

Or dispell cleaves eliminating your buffs and debuffs and CCs while facesliding their 123 rotation and mana burning your healer to no end.

Or zoo cleave against team with clothie(s) in it... lol that seriously takes some mad skills.... BL, huner pops his atom macro, spam purge, pop every cooldown available -> profit...

If you really played in TBC, you'd be disgusted by the WotLK PvP just as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan
    Oh yeah it's fine to take somebody 100->0 in a 4sec lockout. I see how that takes skill and is balanced.

Actually, the game will be closer to balance when your wizard cleave, for example, is about anything other than Fear someone to middle -> GO HIM! Or Thuderstorm someone off bridge/into corner in Dalaran arena -> GO HIM!

Or the TSG tunneling 24/7, suddenly killing someone with no hots on and calling it a 'pro' switch, patting each others shoulders.

Or dispell cleaves eliminating your buffs and debuffs and CCs while facesliding their 123 rotation and mana burning your healer to no end.

Or zoo cleave against team with clothie(s) in it... lol that seriously takes some mad skills.... BL, huner pops his atom macro, spam purge, pop every cooldown available -> profit...

If you really played in TBC, you'd be disgusted by the WotLK PvP just as I am.
    I played in BC, and yeah the burst in WotLK is pretty stupid. But, that being said, it is balanced in the perspective that both teams are capable of absurd amounts of damage. So it's not as big an issue for me. So is it annoying I can die in a single HoJ or a single CS? Very, but it's not like my team isn't similarly capable. And unlike BC, there's many viable top rank comps now; it's not like it's PMR or GTFO.

So yeah, the burst healing and damage is over the board, and is supposedly being revamped in Cataclysm. But I think you're experiencing some rather extreme nostalgia if you think BC PvP was ideal. RNG much? I'd imagine there's a middle ground between the 2 expansions that would make for a very nice PvP aspect to this game.

15+ Year Old Account

Ofc it was far from ideal. A lot of classes/specs were neglected so couldn't properly compete in TBC.
    WotLK has made this better, but the scaling of healthpool vs damage is just broken. In which respect I'm in this nostalgia since I gotten my char to 80, geared it up and found out it's in no way getting better

So basically we can both agree that, in the end, this expansion, even while fixing a lot fo things, is bad - or yet even worse than BC.
    In BC you could get the proper PvP if you had the right class and spec. Now you can play almost anything and always end up with the option of globaling someone and getting globaled as well. Which in my eyes is just lame ;\

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan
    Ofc it was far from ideal. A lot of classes/specs were neglected so couldn't properly compete in TBC.
    WotLK has made this better, but the scaling of healthpool vs damage is just broken. In which respect I'm in this nostalgia since I gotten my char to 80, geared it up and found out it's in no way getting better

So basically we can both agree that, in the end, this expansion, even while fixing a lot fo things, is bad - or yet even worse than BC.
    In BC you could get the proper PvP if you had the right class and spec. Now you can play almost anything and always end up with the option of globaling someone and getting globaled as well. Which in my eyes is just lame ;\
    No, I don't think I can say it's worse. I think they're just... different. Good and bad in their own ways. And I'll be honest, while globaling does happen, it's not like someone dies in 1.5-2 seconds every game. And normally when it does, the damage is predictable. You'll see the full line of proper debuffs before the 8k crits come flying in. So meh, it comes down to appreciating each expansion for what they're worth IMO.

Hopefully Cataclysm is the variety and balance that WotLK offered with the less bursty gameplay BC had. I guess we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Razariel
    Hopefully Cataclysm is the variety and balance that WotLK offered with the less bursty gameplay BC had. I guess we'll see.
    I can only agree on that one

Deleted

Its great now.. Ofc there will allways be something wrong. But its way better than its ever been before..

more comps = more fun

I like wotlk, ofc its was fuck in the begining. But BC were and cat will be.