Fire for 25 man ICC

Hello

Armory link :http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...wn&cn=Rajstlin

I have a big problem i am playing arcane at the moment. As arcane i cleared whole icc10 man and 4/12 icc 10 HC.
    My comm started 25 man lately . People from my 10man group are still on places 1-5 but i can hardly get to place 5-6 in damage done. On fights like Deathwisper i am in first 3 positions but when i need to move i can not push enough dps.

I thought about letting my arcane build for ICC 10 man and start to play as fire on 25.

What do you think about my gear, will it work fine with fire spec?
    I can get more hit i have sanctified t10 trousers, abracadaver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for help

Re: Fire for 25 man ICC

The best mage in my guild recently switched from arcane to fire for ICC. Presumably to do higher damage. I can see where fire spec might be more useful on some fights. Lady Deathwhisper comes to mind and especially for Vile Spirits on the Lich King fight. He's consistently in the top 5 for all fights. Can't hurt to try it out.

You don't have the hit for it yet.

You could get the
    *Bracers from Lady death 25 (BoE so you might get them on the AH)
    *Deathfrost boots which are crafted.
    *Either the ring of 25 man Marrowgar or council with hit
    *A new set of legs (tier or festergut 25)
    *The council 10 wand

I wouldn't advise to get rid of the leggings of woven death as they're a great piece until you can get 277 legs unless you can't manage to get hit on other sources.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

some of the best dps in the world is fire mages, a lot better than arcane they really stand no chance even in equal gear, u can check guides and try gear/gem for it, ur dps maybe low but when u start getting the gear u need u'll fly past others on dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Badma
    The best mage in my guild recently switched from arcane to fire for ICC. Presumably to do higher damage. I can see where fire spec might be more useful on some fights. Lady Deathwhisper comes to mind and especially for Vile Spirits on the Lich King fight. He's consistently in the top 5 for all fights. Can't hurt to try it out.
    Tried fire myself recently, TTW specifically. in VOA10 i had an issue breaking 4k dps. same with arcane in that one specific raid. i dont really understand it, but it seems fire(TTW) and arcane are just about the same anymore. but im still working it out really.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsrobe
    some of the best dps in the world is fire mages, a lot better than arcane they really stand no chance even in equal gear, u can check guides and try gear/gem for it, ur dps maybe low but when u start getting the gear u need u'll fly past others on dps.
    being saying it for ages (and get laughed at till im in a raid with some arcanists and then im around the top with them saying "but yea its aoe" so i say "oh yea thats why im top damage on actual boss lol") a good fire spec and skill will pound arcane into the floor FIRE RULES always has really for me, gear permitting as you need different gear than arcane
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted

It really, really depends on the fight and skills.
    I consider myself an ok arcane mage, so I think I could be doing even more dps. And for the other mages in our raid, Xehn is pro, the others are ok but not the best. :-)
    Here are some logs of our runs, Findus plays Arcane and Fire, so watch individual tries, Xehn is always fire and I'm always Arcane.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...um/damageDone/
    A lot of BQL HC tries, Findus is first on overall since I was AFK during trash.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...um/damageDone/
    An entire night of raiding, Arcane > Fire in this run

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...um/damageDone/
    Xehn and me are really, really close

So, I'm not a theorycrafter, but I do got some experience with both specs. And it really depends on how comfortable you are with the spec. I'm a far better arcane mage then fire, so I pull way more dps as arcane. But, like you all know, moving prefers fire, but no controlled burst whats so ever. And Arcane isn't easy to play, it's easy to learn, but hard to master, like any spec I presume.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

come off it arcane is a faceroll spec
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by invader
    come off it arcane is a faceroll spec
    Arcane is mainly about managing mana and cooldowns imo.

+ Just play what you prefer until you're getting geared in full 277s which is where Fire takes the lead on damage/dps I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by U1z

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...um/damageDone/
    Xehn and me are really, really close
    This one says it all imo - Xehn had higher damage on every boss except princes, where he died. Equal gear, fire will beat arcane. I recently came back from a 2 month hiatus, far undergeared now compared to some of my guildies and was easily pulling 10k+ on several boss fights and showing up close to the top of the meters, after playing arcane up until the day I quit. Fire is better than arcane right now.

fire is more (imo) fun
    therefor, more happyness done
    living bomb spam FTW

The main advantage whit arcane atm is the 3% raid damage increase, and if you got a demo lock trowing imp shad00m bolts providing the 5% crit debuff so you wont have to scorch.
    Anyways, if you have another arcane mage and a lock to provide the buffs, fire will do better, if either is missing stay arcane.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    The main advantage whit arcane atm is the 3% raid damage increase, and if you got a demo lock trowing imp shad00m bolts providing the 5% crit debuff so you wont have to scorch.
    Anyways, if you have another arcane mage and a lock to provide the buffs, fire will do better, if either is missing stay arcane.
    You run ICC 25 without ret paladin?
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Arcane is retardedly easy, both specs are quite heavily gear reliant on different haste threshholds for tier bonus usage.

You could regem your 12sp/10haste to 12sp/10 hit and also change Band of the Invoker with an ICC one, they arent that hard to get.

Fire is mainly about crit, not much about haste. If you manage to sustain Ignite from start to finish in a boss fight you will be GOD. Like people said if you want to play fire and be in the top 5 you NEED gear. Its not like arcane which has super burst every minute.40 .

Buy the Deathwhisper bracer if you arent lucky with other drops.

In BIS slot gear Fire beats arcane every day, every where. + ignite ticks of 30k+ makes your epeen go through the roof.