Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Look at this, got suspended for 72 hours

You got lucky cause people who get banned for "Involvement in online trading activities" are usually perm bans, take it up with them, they might have made a mistake if you are being completely honest with your story.

My friend had that, based on someone who reported the wrong person in trade chat.

Email Blizz, prove you are who you say you are, and they may well unban you within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by gargarr
    *sigh*

My account wasn't hacked.
    feed my curiousness, what was up with the password reset then?
    because that's still what causes most to think there is a scam involved

glad to hear your account wasnt hacked, blizzard will sort your account fast then and release you from the ban
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

http://www.mmo-wise.com/

2 words, LOL Owned!!

You just got pwned by one of the easiest tricks to notice.(if you used it to log in)
    Congrats! Your interenet security knowledge is on par with my 90 year old grandma's.

Quote Originally Posted by Panjandrum
    My friend had that, based on someone who reported the wrong person in trade chat.

Email Blizz, prove you are who you say you are, and they may well unban you within a week.
    Sorry for the double post but I just saw this and couldn't help but to quote it. Let's hope to god that they would unban you from a "72 hour suspension" within a week. People just need to read/listen better, it's kinda like when I was 16 and worked at Subway and I would ask "want that heated or toasted" and the people would reply with "yes".(and if you think yes is a complete answer, well obviously this post is directed at you) Open your ears/eyes for a second and you might catch the most important statements that your so good at missing.

Troll.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gargarr
    *sigh*

My account wasn't hacked. it's all fine and dandy, i got suspended for 72 hours for whatever blizzard thinks, my stuff is still there, armory is all good, all is well. i will post here once i get reply from blizzard.

This is why i never chat in forums, any forums, 90% of the people don't read, think they are smarter then everyone else, bad mouth others, or just plain dumb.
    gargarr, nobody is taking you seriously because at the end of the day this story is completely onesided. Even emails you post could be edited. Since this is a third party site not under Blizzards rule, we will never have Blizzards side of the story. Thus, considering the guilty rarely admit to being guilty, you shouldn't expect people to trust some newbie on blind faith no matter what you say. (Couple this with the fact that Blizzard doesn't want to randomly ban paying customers for no reason) If that's to much for you to handle, then you should take your own advice and get off the forums.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

thats remind me of a scammer who sent to me an email saying if you want Arthas wep click here xD

Every time someone fails to contact Blizzard and instead posts here a crippled kitten dies, you heartless bastards. Same goes for posting and falling for in-game scams and scam e-mails, save the kittens and bother Blizzard about this stuff instead.

(Image courtesy of hyperbole and a half, I'm as creative as a potato myself.)

But yeah we can't do anything here, I linked the e-mail address you should contact earlier ...

some mmo champ forum posters are quite retarded and don't know what trolling is
    stop using the word so freely for every post, be it stupid or smart, in the forum

Deleted

I got permanently banned for this "involvement in online trading activities". Dunno why cause I never bought/sold gold or accounts so I called 'em and they unbanned me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta
    There's a scam e-mail going around claiming that your account is under investigation for said online trading activities. I suspect you may have been scammed sir.
    This is recieved one to, logged into wow just fine, and added the adress to my junk mail.

Easiest way to tell if the email is legit or not. Blizzard will at the top greet you by your real name and fake emails greet you by your account name.

Deleted
    This thread is from 2010 - please double check the dates before posting, bumping up something this old isn't constructive.