Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 25 H PP question

Quote Originally Posted by Temma
    Myself, currently 10/12 h icc and working on h prof, it would be too huge of a dps loss to 1) be arcane
    Though Fire wins out at ilevel277 it should never be too huge a dps loss to spec Arcane. Fire edges out Arcane in ilevel277 - it doesn't suddenly obliterate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    80 resistance can be helpful, but doesn't make that big of a difference.
    Source please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    Though Fire wins out at ilevel277 it should never be too huge a dps loss to spec Arcane. Fire edges out Arcane in ilevel277 - it doesn't suddenly obliterate it.
    On a nukefest it doesn't, on any fight that involves movement it totally destroys arcane unless the arcane mage is allowed to tunnel which I doubt ever happens on progress fights.

On putricide for example the highest arcane mage is ranked with 12900 dps, more than 2k dps behind the first fire mage. That's a massive difference.

The only fight where arcane can compete with fire is Saurfang and Festergut if he can tunnel and doesn't have to take spores.

I like how this thread went from a evocate bug to a QQfest about resistance.

OT: I thought haste does affect evocate. The tick per 2 sec increases or decreases with buffs/debuffs.
    I haven't played my mage in a while and don't pay attention to slow debuffs and evocate .

Quote Originally Posted by HawynLegend
    [...]The tick per 2 sec increases or decreases with buffs/debuffs.[...]
    It does, otherwise you would lose serveral evocation ticks if you time it at the end of icy veins/bloodlust, and you weren't able to use the 2pct10 as well on evoc. By that logic even Arcane Missiles would clip and you wouldn't get the full five missiles.

The fire vs arc topic shouldn't be adressed here, the math says clearly that fire outdo arcane, if you post any log or recount or whatever which states the opposite, it's simply because one of the two sucks or one of the two has to do an extra job/can tunnel.

Ok On Topic reply:

It doesn't fit with the way cast speed reductions apply to channeled spells in other circumstances.
    Try getting gooed and then channel an Arcane Missiles, see how often they fire, or duel a warlock and have them Curse of Tongues you while you evocate.

Without anything more than a single anecdote it seems more likely someone Mana Tided or innervated the OP during Evocation, if not then it's a bug in the same vein as Mage Armor in 3.0 causing DoTs from lock/DKs to tick twice as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Evocate just before Icy Veins wears off.
    If I understand correctly you get more mana back from evocation the more time evocate is up. This seems to be the case as evocating with a casting speed debuff can give you back more than 60% of mana, as stated by the first post. Then using haste buffs to evocate means you will be getting less mana from evocate. So what is the point in using the last second of Icy Veins for evocation. If you don't need the full 60% mana you can cancel evocate earlier, it has the same effect as using haste buffs with evocation.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ProTech
    If I understand correctly you get more mana back from evocation the more time evocate is up. This seems to be the case as evocating with a casting speed debuff can give you back more than 60% of mana, as stated by the first post. Then using haste buffs to evocate means you will be getting less mana from evocate. So what is the point in using the last second of Icy Veins for evocation. If you don't need the full 60% mana you can cancel evocate earlier, it has the same effect as using haste buffs with evocation.
    You don't. You get 60% mana out of evocate even if its cast time is reduced by half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTech
    False. While I haven't confirmed that evocating with cast speed debuff would give more mana, evocating with haste buffs just makes it tick more often and resulting in the same amount of mana in shorter duration.

Even if it works it's not worth it. You should be more concerned about not giving your healers a heart attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

prolly had replenishment, mana spring innervate or something and didnt realize it

Go fire and avoid this question
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesia
    Go fire and avoid this question
    I have more troubles running oom as fire on HC Putri than as arcane.

15+ Year Old Account

a slow evocate DOES give back more mana since you gain more pasive mp5, the same way standing still gives back more mana than casting spells does. the reason it's no bueno to do this is because spending more time under evocate is a DPS loss.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    a slow evocate DOES give back more mana since you gain more pasive mp5, the same way standing still gives back more mana than casting spells does. the reason it's no bueno to do this is because spending more time under evocate is a DPS loss.
    Lol wow, I hope that's not what he meant. Yeah, your 24 second evo is gonna return some thousands more mana. I assumed he was actually observing evo ticks, but yeah, you're likely right and he's observing this.

It is a bug, even with malleable goo debuff your evocation ticks every 2 seconds, so you can basically fill your mana bar twice.
    Had it happen to me a while back.
    Not that it serves any purpose unless you really are mana starved pretty early in the fight and can iceblock right after to remove the debuff.

It might sound stupid, but on our try as I refreshed my dots on pp i got hit by a goo (ye stupid me). Whit the debuff my corr ticked like 20 times.(while on normal durration) At least it looked like that .. coult it be?