Thread: ICC Help

ICC Help

First post so I hope I don't do anything wrong.

By the time cataclysm comes out I want to be able to say I've raided ICC, but I can't because I need an achievment and GS only possible from ICC to get in. How do you reckon I could get myself into ICC? Also I'm pretty sure this aint good enough:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...azzak&cn=Meses
    FYI in a fail guild guild leader ninja'd and faction changed so what can I do

edit: spelling

Re: ICC Help

First thing I notice..:

Try to optimize your gear, in groups, both raids and pugs, the first impression people get is important:

Head: Get the head enchant + get the 21 int / 3% crit damage meta
    Shoulders: Get an enchant + epic gem
    Bracers: I'm sure there are better bracers out there + get them enchantend
    Belt: Epic gems
    Legs: Epic gems + 50 SP / 20 spirit leg patch
    Boots: I'm sure there are better boots out there. + epic gem + enchant
    2nd Ring: Try to get a badge ring
    Weapon: Get 63 SP instead of 50.

I know it is gonna cost you, but it will be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

This is like asking - "How do I eat an apple?" It's fairly simple, you try to eat the apple.
    Try to get into every ICC pug you hear of. I can't tell what your GS is, but your gear is more than ready for ICC, ilvl wise. Didn't bother to check enchants/gemming.

15+ Year Old Account

Aside from what's already been said, you're over the hit cap. I mean, over the hard cap. You're literally 2% over, without any talents at all. You could remove your cloak bracers and rings, and still never miss a spell. Buy the triumph ring, buy the triumph helm that doesn't have hit on it, buy royal moonshroud bracers. Buy the Frost cloak. Get any other trinket possible rather than the hit one. Nevermelting Ice Crystal springs to mind. You don't have an additional socket in your belt. Epic gems, for everything. Run more heroic icc 5mans, you are missing plenty of gear from there. Enchants on everything. If I was running an icc10 pug and you asked to come along, I'd turn you down on inspection, every time. Take pride in your character, and people will give you a chance. Half-ass it and nobody has time for you.

Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    If I was running an icc10 pug and you asked to come along, I'd turn you down on inspection, every time. Take pride in your character, and people will give you a chance. Half-ass it and nobody has time for you.
    Pretty much this. If you can't be bothered to properly gear, gem and enchant yourself, how can I expect you to pay attention to anything going on in ICC? Ten times out of ten I'd take an undergeared player who specs, gems and enchants their gear correctly over a better geared player who is too lazy or clueless to take care of their own toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

pretty much what everyone said before, your talent build is kinda funky too. Lose Arcane Stability and put 2 more in Arcane Focus (allowing you to drop even more hit from gear to get other beneficial stats). I would personally use the remaining 2 pts in Student of the Mind if you want to keep the remaining talents the same (but I still use 3/3 IA so I'm funky myself with builds, works for me though and I'm more interested in Fire atm).

www.elitistjerks.com will answer ALL of your questions and help improve your knowledge for how to shape your gear, enchants, and gems.

Off-topic: your frost (pvp?) spec is just wrong. At this point, there is never any reason to put all 71 talent points in one tree. Hint: get Torment the Weak (12% damage on slowed targets + Frostbolt? how does that not sound good?).

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus

Off-topic: your frost (pvp?) spec is just wrong. At this point, there is never any reason to put all 71 talent points in one tree. Hint: get Torment the Weak (12% damage on slowed targets + Frostbolt? how does that not sound good?).
    Lol not my spec, some random guy bought me dual spec and put all the talents in and I don't pvp so i just leave it

Watch fight videos, I like tankspots' because instead of putting it to awful music, they actually explain what's going on (and Aliyana sounds hooooooooot omg!).

Study for it like a test. Then tell the raid leaders your main has kingslayer and you just want to get some ICC gear on this alt.

^ this made me lol.

sad to say it works though.

Quote Originally Posted by Meses
    Lol not my spec, some random guy bought me dual spec and put all the talents in and I don't pvp so i just leave it
    You let "some random guys" have your account password and play your chars ? Why dont you just give away your account ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

the way i see it everyone that posted is correct. i personally wouldn't want u in my icc10/25 groups cause it just don't seem like u care about your gear enough to make sure it enchanted and gemmed correctly. that just says u are lazy or just a horrible player that don't know his class and don't care about it. sorry if that sounds rude but just way i see it.

also since u are arcane spec for raiding i assume u need way way more haste than what u have. i believe cap is like 1200 or something in that range might be wrong thier but what u have is way way low. i know sp is much desired stats but don't socket nothing but +23 sp u want haste gems also. think about socketing some reckless ametrines or quick king;s amber

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower
    You let "some random guys" have your account password and play your chars ? Why dont you just give away your account ?
    Random guy is a RL friend of mine who doesnt have a mage. one time he just asked to have a go at pvp. any problems with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Meses
    First post so I hope I don't do anything wrong.

By the time cataclysm comes out I want to be able to say I've raided ICC, but I can't because I need an achievment and GS only possible from ICC to get in. How do you reckon I could get myself into ICC? Also I'm pretty sure this aint good enough:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...azzak&cn=Meses
    FYI in a fail guild guild leader ninja'd and faction changed so what can I do

edit: spelling
    Firstly, It is my first reply and English is not my first language. Therefore, if there is any problem forgive me please

Um...
    I think you should mention 10 or 25 man you are going
    Only gear only can give you a general opinion.
    If you want more specified comment, i think you should also mention your DPS for different boss.

In my opinion, I think you gear is a bit weak for whole ICC
    If you are only go for first 4 bosses i think it is OK with 15%buff
    and it also depends on is your skills

About you gear now (View you armory on 5:46 PM Saturday, May 22, 2010 UTC)
    In my opinion, the most serious problem is hit rate hit rate 447 is much higher than hit cap in Arcane talent
    hit cap 17%=446 for mage is only necessary in TTW/Fire talent
    For Standard Arcane talent hit cap should be 11% = 289 without raid buff
    so the most fastest way to drop your hit rate now is change your "Shard of the Crystal Heart" to http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=47213 because it is drop from Normal Trial of the Champion. In addition, it is a very good EQ for mage even it is just iLevel 200 Item

And Intellect is not very important for mage, Therefore you should change your Talisman of Resurgence to one of the following (if you can):
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=47316
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45308
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=40432

However, those also not easy to get, because drop rate of Reign of the Dead is low
    and few people go Ulduar and Obsidian Sanctum now

Um... I just notice your talent have a very serious problem
    your Arcane Focus is only 1. Therefore, you do not have total 6% hit rate in talent and now only have 4% in total
    In addition, Arcane Stability is useless, because you must use Arcane Missile with buff and you rarely get hit in raid fight. Therefore, faster channel is useless.
    I think you must change your talent too.

And one hint for you when you gearing up
    Arcane mage haste is much more important than crit. and Spirit

P.S.
    your Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind is a very good MH weapon in ICC level
    Because only the Lich King will drop MH Weapon with both haste and crit.
    Other choice left is using staff if you want weapon without hit rate

As far as advice goes, please read the sticky because alot of people here are talking out of their ass.

As for you personally. Fix all you need to fix and land a guild that does ICC, not a pug.

EDIT, For the guy above me, only Reign of the Dead beats the Talisman for Arcane. No flame intended.
    Winds of Creation, Daggerspine eu (8/8 25hc) is recruiting. Visit our webpage for more info.

15+ Year Old Account

the thread title and your OP have nothing to do with one another.

well...they have slight similarities, but you don't actually ASK for help with ICC from a mage PoV, you just want people to tell you how to pug ICC without having done it before. pretty sure this is more suited for the dungeons and raids forum and not the mage one.
    BfA Beta Time

Make sure you know what you are doing.

Read up on all the ICC encounters

That way you can just tell the RL that even though you don't have achievements you know the fights, and if you have watched things like tankspot vids beforehand you will do just fine.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver