Holy paladin gems, 20Int? or get 10int with mp5+6SP bonus.

Just got my 50FB cape.
    its hard choice, i know we need int an all..
    But you get more mana, int + sp bonus of 6.

Tnx for the info

Re: Holy paladin gems, 20Int? or get 10int with mp5+6SP bonus.

What?

6sp socket bonus is not nearly worth gemming for.

OK, thats all I needed to know

Dont gem for socket bonuses unless youre activating your meta. In which case 1 NMT in best bonus choice, or 1 SP/int and 1 mp5/int gem in 2 seperate, best socket bonuses.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

For what it's worth, if you use divine plea at all regularly, the mp5 gem is actually less mana over the course of a raid fight than the intellect gem.

10 intellect becomes 12.1 intellect with kings + talents. This gives us 181.5 mana at the start of the fight, and 1.815 mp/5 through replenishment. If you hit divine plea every 90 seconds (on average), you get an additional 2.521 mp/5 through divine plea. That means 10 intellect on the gem gives us 181.5 mana initially, and 4.336 mp/5, compared to a paltry 5 mp/5 on the hybrid gem.

(For the record, the mp/5 gem eventually pulls ahead... but the fight would have to last at least 22.77 minutes for this to happen).

Yes, I'm sure most of us already know this, but it never hurts to reiterate these things.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    That means 10 intellect on the gem gives us 181.5 mana initially, and 4.336 mp/5, compared to a paltry 5 mp/5 on the hybrid gem.
    What? Something wrong there me thinks.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Deleted

the thing that i'm more concerned about is that you took a crit/MP5 cloak, while that is the worst allocations of stats you could have. what was your previous cloak?

Deleted

int.

period

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall
    the thing that i'm more concerned about is that you took a crit/MP5 cloak, while that is the worst allocations of stats you could have. what was your previous cloak?
    If you don't have the ability to regular kill the Blood Princes, you hold your nose and take the crit/mp5 cloak.

Because there just aren't many options out there.