Ele Shaman Tier Advice

Hey all,

First off here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Deathanistic
    (I will be adding Bejeweled Bracers with the 39 SP gem today)

Now for my question, I've never had T10 4 piece and I've been thinking of replacing my chest and hands with the T10.25, but I wonder if the 4 pc bonus is worth the raw DPS loss of SP/Haste that I would suffer from the transition. Should I wait till I have the tokens etc for T10.5 chest/hands and then switch them out?

I'm looking for your help because I don't want to spend the gems/enchants on it just to try it out on the dummies.

Thanks!

Re: Ele Shaman Tier Advice

1.) Yes
    2.) D: You b0rked the armory.
    3.) It might be worth seeing if Bloodsunder's Bracers drops from Rotface for you.

Might want to see if the gloves drop from VoA for you.
    Generally swapping up the tier pieces asap is the best option, it's up to you whether you feel you NEED the upgrade or if you're willing to double-spend on your item(s).

edit

Oh yeah, and you should have really picked up the mail or leather belt from badges (Sp/Haste AND crit) instead of the cloth vendor one, (Sp/Haste and spirit >_>)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Well getting Tier items/tokens isnt really an issue, in fact I already have 3/4 10.25s, just haven't chanted or gemmed the third, the gloves I can get easily though... As for the bracers, I'm working on it, we've downed Rotface every week since he came out and we have only had those bracers drop once, which was last night and I lost out on them to our other Ele shaman, so I'm going to have to be patient for those, the Bejeweled bracers are pretty cheap and an upgrade for the time being.

I guess the question is this is 10.25 worth the loss of SP/Haste or should I wait till 10.5?

In response to the belt issue: I actually did this on purpose because the crit amount wasn't huge and even though I had to get spirit which is a worthless stat, I felt the cloth was better because of the higher haste on it (I believe 80 haste vs 63?) To me this was more important as I needed more haste at the time and I'm still prioritizing haste over crit.

Yeah, but haste isn't worth 3 times more than crit, regardless. (20 haste, 60 crit) (20*1.7=34) so for 20 haste, you'd need approximately 34crit to equal depending on your stat weights.

According to ZAP! you're better off getting the t10 pieces, although that's with my stats plugged in. I doubt there's be much difference - 474 DEP ~ for 4pc bonus versus a combined 152 DEP~ for the 2 pieces you have now.

Edit

woops... forgot about the 2 extra gem slots but that's only another total of 46 DEP or so per sp gem. so call it 200 vs 474 DEP if you wish.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

And is that with the 10.25 or 10.5? That's essentially the decision I'm trying to make.

And fair enough, I may try for the cloth belt off marrowgar then, i think it's the same stats with crit included if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathanistic
    And is that with the 10.25 or 10.5? That's essentially the decision I'm trying to make.

And fair enough, I may try for the cloth belt off marrowgar then, i think it's the same stats with crit included if I remember correctly.
    The 251 pieces, which i'd assume you call 10.25 (the worst t10).

No I was referring to the 264, sanctified, T10, T10.25, T10.5 would be from ICC 25 H... Ok cool

Not to sound like a dick here, but if you haven't killed normal Lich King yet you probably shouldn't be planning your gear around have 277 tier pieces.

is the shaman your alt? I somewhat hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    Not to sound like a dick here, but if you haven't killed normal Lich King yet you probably shouldn't be planning your gear around have 277 tier pieces.
    Yeah I sort of agree with this, and that's why i was a little confused on the weird naming convention.

Eitherway, even the 251 pieces beat the 264 pieces you have nevermind 264 or 277 tier pieces.