Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Pillar Humping in Duels?

The main reason the ''Pro'' pvpers back in Vanilla and TBC, Like Laintime and Niar and whatever their names was, was due to them being able to use everything around them to their advantage!..

Its like the idiots that say starting in stealth as a rogue is cheating a duel.. :S

Deleted

Any thing but pillarz! As a mage i normaly win 90% but when some healing/DOTing asshole hides i lose, coz i can only spam ice lance I know I can run away and rest but it will just delay it all..

Winning/losing a duel generally doesn't matter. Even in reasonably equal gear, 1v1 is sorely imbalanced in the current state of the game, and based often times on the environment you're fighting in.

If I duel for some form of competition its usually multiple duels or something. But it's not really a good way to judge player skill beyond some cases of class vs class 1v1.

Really, pretty much anything goes but using things like potions (why the hell would you waste a potion in a duel anyway?). Don't be sour and wait for all your 10 minute CD's to be up on your CD heavy class, just play. I've dueled back and forth with the other good ret paladins on my server, and sometimes we won't have trinkets, bubbles, etc etc up so we just beat each other back and forth or sometimes overcome the odds and win w/o using a cooldown against one (lol RNG).

What it boils down to, is if you use dueling as some kind of skill competition its not an accurate way to determine skill at all. Just have fun with it and tell people to chill out if you beat them by being baller and LOS'ing their gibtastic caster damage. :-P

15+ Year Old Account

First of all, you duel for fun.... if it's not fun, don't do it (pillar humping is not fun)
    If someone starts running behind stuff its usually a quick /forfeit on my side to get on with my day.
    Army of the dead: well go ahead use it once, than its on cooldown and you can have some decent duels for 10 minutes.
    Potions: personally dont but if you really feel like it.
    Bandage: for sure
    rocket boots: definatly

marbles: you are just awesome if you remember to use that stuf in duels!

Setting house rules is sort of how people cheat to win at monopoly when they're 9 years old playing their 7 year old dumbass cousin.

The standard of 'If it can be done in arena, it is fair in a duel' is not meant to be implied as a golden rule, rather a basic, reliable standard to work from that levels the playing field.

People who attempt to address this invariably fall under the clause of attempting to create a superior system - which is hard to agree, but certainly possible and commendable - or inversely are simply trying to set house rules, cheat at monopoly, be a bully, so on, so forth.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Whenever some idiot wastes my valuable WoW time by offering me a duel, I get naked and plummel them to death with my bare knuckles...that shuts them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'll assume that Blizzard is full of smart people

I always try to avoid it, but when mages get cheap on me and start toying around with elemental and mirrors and such I'll use any means necessary to get rid of them.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!