Is unholy viable tanking specc?

Hi.

Yesterday me and my fellow MT DK guilde went doing a ICC25 man pug. I suddenly realised that the OT a DK with
    unholy specc was getting smashed by trash. He was dualwielding some shit axe, can't remember which. Apart from
    that his gear weas decent. Anyway when we reach Marrowgar he did put out some insane TPS.

So my question is (as stated in the topic) is unholy a viable tanking specc? Just fill me in plz. Pardon me if this is a noob q.
    I don't really have any clues about DK tanking. ???

Thaks in advance.

Re: Is unholy viable tanking specc?

in my opinion unholy tanking is viable in heroics and outgeared content (eg naxx and ulduar normal modes)... i dont think that it is viable in things like totgc and icc

unholy has the worst tanking cd as vampiric blood and unbreakable armor are far superior
    and so is wotn + 3% stamina for blood and 3% miss + imp frost pres better then the 6% magic damage reduction

threat normally isnt a problem for tanks these days with tricks and missdirect so its mostly all about damage reduction/avoidance... a tank with 50k tps isnt worth anything if he dies 4 seconds infight

He did insane TPS? who cares, what tank can't keep aggro nowadays....also he probably just spammed IT for big threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarai
    in my opinion unholy tanking is viable in heroics and outgeared content (eg naxx and ulduar normal modes
    yea but being useful for that content only basically means its not viable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Short answer - no

Long answer - not only no, but hell no

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh here we go again...

It's such a bad spec that it's only allowed me to MT and RL our guild into ICC. I mean I just fall over, my threat is terrible and in heroics meh awfu,l just awful.

The other day I just let my cat tank instead much more effective.

Seriously I do read some instacrap about the viability of unholy tanking. I've been unholy since I started tanking, I'm MT and raid leading our guild in ICC - I'm not the rate limiting part of our raid group.

So I'm tanking in ICC, have full clears of ToTC as both MT and OT all done as unholy and I run enough heroics to know that at 2 piece T10 + glyphed DnD AoE threat is not an issue.

Then there's the small matter of the raid utility (HoW, EP)...

Anyway it's a moot point Unholy is clearly not viable cos the internet said so
    This one girl...

edit: there is another post from the same OP, nvm<

15+ Year Old Account

whoops, overlooked this one.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-de...06/#msg2842706

/locked