Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Halion Video, Blue posts, SSOTD

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    if they don't tune this fight 300% in hc almost every #1-100 guild will clear rs hours after release
    looks like another recycled (and very easy) fight to me (portals from kalecgos, eye beam from cthun, meteors from kj and spreading fire from archimonde)

bad content filler is bad.
    lmao at all the "epic fight" comments, probably never played wow before wotlk -.-
    Exactly, which DOES make the fight epic.

Best pieces from awesome existing fights, put into one filler boss?

I sure do call that epic.

(Just so you know, Epic =! Difficulty)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I like the way Blizzard didn't actually say they would never sell gear. Perhaps they should run for government...very slick in not actually giving a'yes' or 'no'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'll assume that Blizzard is full of smart people

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanoAsh
    I like the way Blizzard didn't actually say they would never sell gear. Perhaps they should run for government...very slick in not actually giving a'yes' or 'no'.
    Indeed.

All they said is that their core philosophy hasn't changed... but we don't know what that even is to begin with.

It could well indeed mean that "For every 100k subscribers that we lose, we release a new premium feature".

Quote Originally Posted by dvx
    I did nothing in ICC so I apologize for my ignorance, but most fights in Ulduar were DPS races. Unless you had a bad guild or something, most Ulduar fights were hardly exciting (with the exception of Mimiron since all the phases reminded me of old-school Vanilla bosses). The hardmodes were usually just clusterfucks (Freya) or consumable stacking (pretty much every other hardmode) i.e. DPS races on steroids.
    lol sounds like someone didn't get their proto-drake without some ToC gear :-P

FL4T
    Razorscale
    Kologarn
    Freya
    Mimiron
    Vezax
    Yogg

None of which boring DPS races, all of which require a lot of control and coordination from the raid. Ulduar is the best raid of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    State of the art hardware my ass - they still use some of the servers that were implemented with the game's release, back from 2004.
    well, you're completely wrong.

Euro-trash techno does so not fit well with WoW PvE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by steale
    lol sounds like someone didn't get their proto-drake without some ToC gear :-P

FL4T
    Razorscale
    Kologarn
    Freya
    Mimiron
    Vezax
    Yogg

None of which boring DPS races, all of which require a lot of control and coordination from the raid. Ulduar is the best raid of this expansion.
    Sounds like someone didn't raid Ulduar, Vezax is one of the biggest dps races of this entire expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio
    Personal opinion, YOU HAZ ONE!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio
    I liked it.

Really nice fight - amazing music (loved the ui!)..

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    Hmm blizz saying it is a legit concern them selling gear in the future.

That means it has most likely been discussed up in hq
    Blizz Guy # 1 : Hey, so we're all still on the same page that we're never selling gear right?
    Blizz Guy # 2 : Yeah man, that's fuckin retarded. No fuckin way.
    Blizz Guy # 3 : Yep, agreed.
    Blizz Guys # 4-10 : Yeah, not happening.

Aforementioned Retard : AAHAHHHH ZOMG!!! THEY BROUGHT IT UP SO NAO ITS HAPPENING!!! BLIZZ IS SELLING GEAR!!! THEY TALKED ABOUT IT AT HQ AND MY LEET NINJA HAXX0RZ STEALTH SKILLS HEARDZ IT!!!

L2READ. He said he understands the concern, and it's STILL never going to happen. /facepalm

15+ Year Old Account

Didn't know EF BIE EI is still doing there thing, they used to gank me (or better ALL the allys) all the time .. gg, Guys - luv ya <3 nowadays there aren't any allys left on dalvengyr to gank I heard.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolaum
    Anyone else tired of the senseless rambling of whether or not they'll sell gear? I'm more concerned that an AH accessible by web browsers will give rise to scripts and bots to make 'free' gold. Pretty much a $->gold xfer.

Anyway, onto my real question.

What is the ilvl of gear that Halion drops (for each mode)?
    those scripts won't be very profitable seeing as there's going to be a comparatively small number(200ish) of postings allowed per day via remote AH, serious AH players make over a thousand a day.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBiased
    Sounds like someone didn't raid Ulduar, Vezax is one of the biggest dps races of this entire expansion
    Not entirely true.

It was more healer mana management than DPS, but obviously DPS took a huge role.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBiased
    lawl, you played a melee DPS that just had to stand there and AFKautoattack, didn't you?

Mana and interrupt management made that fight fun. Let him get one or two spells off and it's almost a guaranteed wipe.

So, that's the last fight that will carry us into Cata? Ew. That content will be cleared immediately. I thought it may last a few weeks, I was wrong after talking to people testing it after seeing this. So what? They massively boost the damage that no one except hard-mode ICC geared can do? It won't be like that at all. It'll be geared around 251 gear at best in 10man, 264 for 25man, and that's probably generous.

That AH add-on premium service is a bad sign of what's to come to this game. It's a pay-for-advantage, something that should never-ever exist in a game like this. Not so much me, but I can understand why some people who play the AH-game are upset over this, along with others worried about prices rising or harder to score gear. It's an advantage Blizzard, don't try to play it down.

About the AH thing.

Ok. One word. Cronjob. Someone, somewhere, will rip Auctioneer apart, port it into PHP, and have a database of every AH on every faction on every server, EU and US, refreshing every 5 minutes. And then they will charge people to look at it. And THEN they will charge people to have their site automatically log into their online AH page and buy out or bid anything it finds in a selected rule (ie: Buy all Primordial Saronite for <700g and immediately relist it for 800g, or buy all Icethorn for <15g/stack and mail it to my alchemist so I can craft it and list it later)

Is THAT an unfair advantage? Yes it fucking is.

There's no -20% dodge nerf, zone-wide buff here so I'm curious to see thoughts on that. How's tank damage in this fight compared to something in icc?

As for remote AH, it's just like carrying around a laptop with you and logging in to work some stuff on the AH. In my opinion though, you should have to log in to actually play the game. The AH is still playing the game even if you're not on your character fighting dragons etc. Some people play the game for achievements, some play it to make money, technically, those who play the game for achievements have an easier time if they can change factions, buy vanity pets/mounts etc. I myself would say the game is designed for questing and running dungeons/raids and I suppose pvp. If it doesn't help you with one of those things, it's not an advantage. What are you really going to do with all this gold anyways? What else is there to do?

I like the video overall. Some of my gripes are all the time it takes to go through the titles, exploding and reforming...it takes a long time and it's just the same thing with different words. Something shorter would be better in my opinion. As for the music, it's not what I would pick, I don't mind the rhythms and such, but I don't like how prominent the vocals are. It's like it's trying to describe what's going on in the fight and failing. It's distracting. The countdown in the music is especially distracting as you're waiting for it to reach zero or to hear what it's going to do next instead of watching the video. The fight looks entertaining. I don't believe it's meant to be a send-off, just a sort of a transition into cataclysm while something else comes up in the world that we need to take care of.

Look at this as less of a business making a game and more of a storyline and it'll be more fun. Just have fun, socialize with people in game, and look back at your whining and complaining. Be entertained. If you're not entertained, find something else to do but please stop being a downer.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dryn
    About the AH thing.

Ok. One word. Cronjob. Someone, somewhere, will rip Auctioneer apart, port it into PHP, and have a database of every AH on every faction on every server, EU and US, refreshing every 5 minutes. And then they will charge people to look at it. And THEN they will charge people to have their site automatically log into their online AH page and buy out or bid anything it finds in a selected rule (ie: Buy all Primordial Saronite for <700g and immediately relist it for 800g, or buy all Icethorn for <15g/stack and mail it to my alchemist so I can craft it and list it later)

Is THAT an unfair advantage? Yes it fucking is.
    /agree

I can see this AH thing becoming a MASSIVE disaster.

15+ Year Old Account

I personally dont mind too much about the race change, name change and character changing (like sex change) because they are available to everyone. All those services are doing is providing people that are bored or really dont like their character a way or changing it for personal piece of mind. That i have no problem with.

I do find it a problem though when there are either things in the game that are impossible for me to get unless i spend extra money, or things in the game that can be done without actually playing the game. E.g. pet/mount sales and the new AH system.

The same goes for all the recruit a friend crap. Seeing people go from 1-60 in a couple of days of casual playing + a new mount as well is just silly.

I think people who say 'dont like it? dont play!' are sort of missing the point too. The reason people post complaining about things is because they enjoy the game, but dont like that particular feature. I enjoy the game and think cata is looking great so far, but the paid services(mentioned ones), recruit a friend (and while we are on it) heirloom items are features that i dont like and think should either be changed or removed from the game.

Im not saying blizz will definately come out and sell epics for gold, but i do think that selling anything to person A that person B cant get without paying isnt cool. I would rather Person A gets a pet that i dont because they are a much better player, rather than they just throw money at the game.

As far as the screenshot goes it looks like westfall is still reasonably intact, apart from the swirling vortex in the background of course lol. Hope they dont change it too much, it's my favourite area in the game atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.