10+ Year Old Account

hunter pvp question

serious question(not so serious hunter), I've seen alot of hunter pvp vids lately and I've seen a common theme, pets on passive? Why?

The sims lies, don't trust them....

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: hunter pvp question

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath
    serious question(not so serious hunter), I've seen alot of hunter pvp vids lately and I've seen a common theme, pets on passive? Why?
    So it doesn't go out of control and die?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath

Pet goes out of range and then you can't use your hunter freedom (Master's call). In solo PvP, your pets special ability and masters call are the most important tools it brings to the fight unless you are BM. In arena pvp, I usually sick my pet on the healer that's not being targeted to make sure they dont run away to drink. In world pvp, I don't like my pet getting caught in combat or aggroing npcs when I'm trying to mount up.

There are a couple reasons to have a hunter pet (if you're MM or Surv) in arena. A spider's web, a crab's pin, Roar of Sacrifice, Intervene, and Roar of Recovery are pretty much the only reasons. The amount of damage your pet does by attacking is trivial compared to the risk you take by letting it go attack something, between the possibility of it breaking your CC and it going out of LoS and getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    There are a couple reasons to have a hunter pet (if you're MM or Surv) in arena. A spider's web, a crab's pin, Roar of Sacrifice, Intervene, and Roar of Recovery are pretty much the only reasons. The amount of damage your pet does by attacking is trivial compared to the risk you take by letting it go attack something, between the possibility of it breaking your CC and it going out of LoS and getting killed.
    This. A common strategy against bad warlocks and hunters is to have whoever has the pet on them pull it behind a pillar and proceed to blow the hell out of it
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.