Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: -- Enhancement Prof's --

Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    Ugh. I hate it when people spout off incorrect information. Enh shaman need to Sim our gear to see which stat to gem for: AP or Haste. Only the OP can do that. Once he does that, he can, if he's in the min/max crowd, choose to roll the professions which benefit him most in the long run.

I'm not denying that engineering is awesome. I personally love my hyperspeed accelerator + unleashed rage (with 4p t10) macro. Perfect dps bump for huge movement fights.

^^^^^ Bold print. JC will offer you better gems however, LW has the best bracer enchant plus the leg kits are practically free. I'm a LW/Engi. The glove tinker is the best clicky ever invented in wow I mean, how can you argue that 340 haste every min isn't the best. Combine that with SR which is also every min....come on.

I have been a LW since TBC first came out simply b/c you could make some pretty beast enh/ele gear back then with Dragonscale LW. I kept it around b/c I got some of the patterns out of BT. Also 130 ap to your bracers and being able to make the armor kits for people or sell them on the ah for stupid prices while kitting you own legs for practically no mats = win imo.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Funkbucket
    I'm wondering, as an Enhancement shaman, what two profession's should I be using

Currently I only have 37 Enchanting,
    I'm willing to spend any amount of gold.

Any idea's?
    I am an enh shaman, and I currently have JC and LW. However, if I had to choose, I would change to JC/BS - more flexibility.

For PvP go Engineering + Tailor or Alchemy.

For PvE JC + BS.

People will almost always tell you that Jewelcrafting / Blacksmithing is the best combo for all classes, though that's not always true. While I agree about Jewelcrafting being optimal for ALL classes, Tailoring is still better for certain casters.

Engineering perks pretty much give Enhancement several of the tools they're missing:
    Flexweave Underlay = Feline Swiftness / Safe Fall
    Cobalt Frag Bomb = Decent AoE CC for no cost
    Nitro Boost = Sprint

Not to mention Hyperspeed Accelerators + SR + Cooldowns = Awesome.

If you want the best dps then JC + Eng is your choice, end of discussion.

i had the same question just prior to ICC going live. i was enchanting and JC, but i felt that if i went engineering i could really gain alot from it. so i did and im so glad i did. being able to use nitro boots when i gotta run in and out of somewhere really helps alot. being able to use the hasted glove enchant with SR(assuming you have 2pc t10) and also bloodfury(orc) works out incredibly well. and then there are the bombs which arent a big plus but they are def. a plus. and then just the misc. perks like jeeves and bank in dala. so id have to say IMO engineering is our best profession that we gain from. after that i like JC b/c i know its really good for us if not 2nd best but either way its a really good way to make money.

10+ Year Old Account

I just simmed out 3 scenarios

Alchemy/Eng (what I am now):

JC/Eng (3 haste dragon's eyes, rest haste/expertise [gg blue berry])

JC/BS

Done with: EnhSim GUI 1.9.8.7

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Also, I don't think enhsim can factor in eng bombs...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snaffu
    Also, I don't think enhsim can factor in eng bombs...
    Nope, but all three have engineering, so it doesn't matter for those tests.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Eng for the macro to make full use of the haste and the 2p t10
    /cast Shamanistic Rage
    /use <Insert Gloves Here>

and JC for the awesome gems.

PROTIP: For Eng, you might want to add in /use Saronite Bomb to that macro so that you can easily throw the bomb during the GCD of your Shamanistic Rage. 340 haste for 12 seconds, 12% damage increase for 15 seconds, and bomb that benefits from the 12% damage bonus? Hell yes please.
    Metotka of <Phobia> (Area 52-US)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Metotka

Enhancement for life!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by toroza
    Eng for the macro to make full use of the haste and the 2p t10
    /cast Shamanistic Rage
    /use <Insert Gloves Here>

and JC for the awesome gems.

PROTIP: For Eng, you might want to add in /use Saronite Bomb to that macro so that you can easily throw the bomb during the GCD of your Shamanistic Rage. 340 haste for 12 seconds, 12% damage increase for 15 seconds, and bomb that benefits from the 12% damage bonus? Hell yes please.
    Bombs should be used on CD, but at the same time if you are using this macro properly they should line up with every bomb CD anyway. Just saying don't hold off a bomb CD for this.

In general the best profs for Enh are Engy, JC and BS. I'm Engy/BS. I like BS and I already have all the rare patterns, ya know? That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with any combination of those three. Engy/JC has the most potential DPS, but the difference between the combos is prolly only about ~10 DPS, not something that will ever be tangible outside of a spreadsheet or simulator.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken
    Engy/JC has the most potential DPS, but the difference between the combos is prolly only about ~10 DPS, not something that will ever be tangible outside of a spreadsheet or simulator.
    It's not even 10. The difference is 2 haste, which is going to be somewhere between 2 and 4 DPS for most people. Not game breaking, but since the discussion here is about the "beset" professions, JC>BS.