Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: GearScore losing popularity? ElitistGroups

I wish it was losing it popularity on Thrall but it's not. I have a decent GS but in so many cases it means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account

Would be nice if Blizzard simply disabled the codes that allow GearScore to function. AVR may (well, does) make bosses trivial, but GS causes far more chaos among the general public.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Calon
    Would be nice if Blizzard simply disabled the codes that allow GearScore to function. AVR may (well, does) make bosses trivial, but GS causes far more chaos among the general public.
    I've been wondering if they'll ever do this myself. If they enforce add-ons like AVR, they should enforce gameplay standards which demote grouping / raiding all because a player does not meet "gear standards".

At the same time, they removed attunements, keys, etc. These used to be the understood standards which determined whether you could go into a raid or not. It's mostly Blizz's fault that players have started using these standards. However, the least they could do though is something to change elitist / overgeared / hardcore / lazy people from condescendingly rejecting, while hurting the gameplay experience of, undergeared / casual people.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    Still waiting for an add-on that collects data based on when you killed the boss, with what gear, after how many tries etc etc and adds a score to that.

Would be nice to have an actual "Skill Score".
    Well, look no further, use ElitistGroups. Click on a playert type /eg and see their gear, if thet gemmed/enchanted correctly. What raids they've done and how many times they killed a boss, be it on 10, 25 or heroic modes....
    Really check it out it's awesome. You can also set your main, so that when you run on an alt people can see that you know the fight from your alt.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Calon
    Would be nice if Blizzard simply disabled the codes that allow GearScore to function. AVR may (well, does) make bosses trivial, but GS USERS cause far more chaos among the general public.
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and correct that for you .... again.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie
    On darkspear EU you wont see 1 pug now a days not requesting GS as simple as that here. If you want into a raid you will need to link GS sometimes its more important then achies.
    GS is far more important than most achievements.
    Ppl can get boosted through any normal (and most heroic) content without having any clue what they're doing. our guild makes most of its money by selling kingslayer titles, hf grouping up with those skilled ppl who cleared entire ICC25 according to them!

Pretty bad on my server, Twilight's Hammer EU. Most people want 5k plus for Naxxramas. Some guy the other day was asking for like 5.6 for ICC10... Basically, he spent a good 2 hours searching and never got anyone.

To even get in an Onyxia run, you need like 5.2 with achievements. Not a clue why.

I did a VOA 25 last night on my rogue whom I have not played since Naxx25. My rogues gear score is 4400. On the last boss I pulled 5.7k DPS (Mind you in Naxx gear) that is 5.7k sustained. And then the flame boss I was at 5.2k sustained. Came in 5th on the Frost Boss and came in 7th on Flame boss. People in there had way higher gear scores some over 1000 higher then mine.

Point is Skill > Gear. I know my rogue and I know its rotation also I know how to stay alive.

As my brother / guild master said...

"You can have 99999 gear score, but its not going to make them stop dying to blistering cold."

Sindragosa attempt night with trials.

The one thing I don't like, but does make sense is the pvp gear outlook.

It tells me my rogue (mortred) Has only 86% good gear, because of two pvp pieces. That being said, they're better then what she can get, other items only offer more hit, or armor pen, at the cost of ap and crit.

But I do enjoy it because then scrubby's in full pvp gear are picked up right away and told no. Double edge sword but hey, beats gearscore!
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

While choosing the right gear is great, does elitist group also give an idea of the offensive/defensive capabilities of the characters gear? I think elitist group + a raw breakdown of spellpower/attack power/hit etc. would be useful as well.

Naturally you have to take into account proc items such as greatness cards too, but I would find raw values at a glance, as well as spec/gems/glyphs would be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Stop using your silly GS addon. WoW-Heroes is better, as it actually lowers your GS if you use wrong enchants/gems. 2900 on WoW-Heroes is about 5800 on "GS Addon". IE, ICC10 epics.
    So does GS.
    Damn, haters will always hate.

15+ Year Old Account

Had a pally screaming trade chat looking for ToC25 GS8000+ on Gilneas US Ally side. We mocked him profusely.

10+ Year Old Account

they should aks some class-only important questions about rotations/spec etc instead of gear lol....Even Conan could beat people without his weapon lol :
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Quote Originally Posted by Spindelltrollet
    A nuke is a nice tool as well if it's used "right" and only used to blow up aliens, this how ever is not the case - so we seek to avoid them. Same goes for gearscore - might be wonderfull when used right and with reason, but this doesn't really happend
    I see no reason to avoid a tool. If you are too stupid to use it right, you are too stupid for WoW anyway.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

when cata is released i will get realm 1st 85 on my realm promptly declare myself king of that realm and forbid the use of GS!