Poll: Do people reserve loot on your server?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Reserved loot

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Reserved loot

So I was wondering since I hadn't seen this before being on Auchindoun-EU, people reserve loot and most people seem to accept it apart from the odd person reserving 2 loots, ie: lfm icc 25 reserved X and Y then some other person will say omg 2 reserved loots? just rather interested if this happens everywhere.
    As for Auchindoun it seems like people have accepted it, don't join the raid if you dont like it aparently.
    Also do you think this should be allowed?

Re: Reserved loot

On my server it only seems to happen in the real low level instances, and twinks stopped being prevalent it seems to be gone. I dont have a problem with reserving loot as long as they make it clear before I join and waste my time.

Yes, then leave when it doesn't drop. Don't trust these people imo.

People who try reserving loot on Stormrage-EU(Horde) get laughed at and put on ignore lists. Alliance ont he other hand apparantly do it all the time and noone bats an eye at it.

Personally, I've not seen any raids like this during Wrath but did encouter it a few times during The Burning Crusade.

I suppose it all depends on what loot the raid leader has "reserved". If it's something like a weapon or a trinket then I wouldn't be too put out by it as I'd still be getting emblems from the run however, if it is a mount (Black/Twilight Drakes from Sartharion or the Onyxia Mount (assuming it drops)) then I wouldn't be best pleased as everyone should have a chance to roll on it.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I've seen this a few times on bronzebeard EU. But it's been a while since the last time, so not sure how common it is.

All the time... Solace of the fallen reserved, Njorndar Bone-Bow reserved(Why?), its everywhere on my server. But aye, if you need the specific loot that badly, there are plenty of groups that dont reserve you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel
    Personally, I've not seen any raids like this during Wrath but did encouter it a few times during The Burning Crusade.

I suppose it all depends on what loot the raid leader has "reserved". If it's something like a weapon or a trinket then I wouldn't be too put out by it as I'd still be getting emblems from the run however, if it is a mount (Black/Twilight Drakes from Sartharion or the Onyxia Mount (assuming it drops)) then I wouldn't be best pleased as everyone should have a chance to roll on it.
    actually its deaths verdict or reign of the lifeless

I saw it a lot on my server (Bloodscalp-US) in Burning Crusade. (Mostly reserving the good ol' DST.) But in WotLK, I literally think that two days ago was the first time I've seen it. And I remember thinking that when I saw it, too. I can't remember what they were reserving now, but it brought back memories.

Done all the time on Talnivarr-EU horde side, especially for ToC25 trinkets, Bryntroll, DBW etc.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know how you could outlaw it, even if you wanted to. I don't approve of the concept, and would not join a group that was doing it, even if my class wasn't affected.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

15+ Year Old Account

On twisting nether it is rare to find a ICC 25 pug where there isn't an item reserved.
    The most popular thing seems to be death bringers will

10+ Year Old Account

I don't see it too often on Bronzebeard-US, but when someone does say "reserved" there's always QQ on trade chat, and it's really freakin annoying.

If you don't like the idea of reserved loot, no one is forcing you into the raids, please, just shut up .
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

Happens every now and then on my realm, a handful of people complain about it but as long as it's stated clearly and everyone knows I don't see a problem.

10+ Year Old Account

It happens. Sometimes people whine and the next time no one even bats an eyelash.

Personally, I don't care much. No one is forcing you to join those raids, if you want to get that item. As long as the Raid Leader is being clear up front, I have no problems with reserving an item. It's something else when half the loot list starts being reserved, but haven't seen that happen yet.

They do it all the time. As long as they advertise it in trade as such, and not say something later I don't have a problem with it.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't mind reserved runs at all. As long as it's made clear in the LFM spam. It's his/her raid and his/her rules. It's none of your business what kind of rules are used in the raid you are not in. And no. It's not ninja looting if he clearly announce it first in LFM spam and then again when starting the instance. If you are still in the raid then you have accepted the rules.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

This happens on Nordrassil -US all the time but usually the raid leader is upfront about it.
    -Im ok with it as its usually the only way my alts can get into 25s or 10s for that matter and allows some non hardcore raiders a way to get some gear / experience that they need to get into the guilds respectively.

Deleted

Seems to go like this on kor'gal

LFM totc 25 solace reserved need healers
    LFM icc 25 byrntoll and DBW reserved need mellee

and they wonder why it takes 4 hours to fill the groups :S

It doesnt happen on the Alliance side of Bronze Dragonflight atleast.

If I saw some one stating it in /2 or /4 I would simply put them on ignore. Chances are, even if it is something that i do not need, they will leave the raid after getting what they want.

Besides I dont have to go to their raid, I can simpley [2. Trade][Timberwolfe] LFM Starting Raid for ICC25....