Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Are feral druids the only in game spec that has no legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by XenofeiThrice

All that's left is Sulfuras...but I can't remember if druids could equip a 2h Mace back in Vanilla?
    Druids were indeed able to use 2handers in vanilla, i remember wearing some blue 2hander from strat on my druid back in the days

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I dont see why people QQ about "my class never had a legendary"

i would say about 50% of today's players barely touched vanilla wow. which means that all all caster dps on that 50% never had a chance to get a legendary aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Deleted

It would be nice to get a hunter/feral druid stave. Or maybe a legendary polearm with hunter and druid stats? Both of them could use it plus other classes could aswell.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    Druids could use two-handed maces in Vanilla. 'Course, the proc did nothing and the weapon pretty much sucked, but they could use Sulfuras. Not like you'd ever get it either.
    Idd, melee druid's don't have a logical direct connection with weapons so why would they get any legendary? A healer druid would also never get any if it weren't for the other casters being able to wear the weapon.

I'm trying to decide whether I think legendaries should be class-specific or not.

If they were, Blizzard would obviously have to add more to the game, and each class-specific legendary would have to come in different formats, suitable for all 3 specs. They could then be more flavoured towards that class (e.g. something like Cenarion's staff for druids, or Maiev's whatever-it-was for rogues?), and any quests could be more tied to that class.

On the other hand, you'd probably then have to balance drop rates vs class populations, it'd take more development work for the quest chains, etc.

I'm somewhat on the fence about this one, what do you lot think?

[edit] One thing I *do* think, though, is that Legendaries should scale over time, even if it's only for a few patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Idd, melee druid's don't have a logical direct connection with weapons so why would they get any legendary?
    You should read the official comic and note how Broll battles.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    I'd be ok with a polearm quest reward, different stats distributions or even different procs benefitting the playstyle of Feral and the plate melees, though then Fury Warriors would feel left out - unless Blizz adds polearms to TG, or it is an axe (again?) for plate, and a polearm for ferals.

Dear god no. I'd hate to see hunters with a legendary melee weapon - not to mention they most likely only got it because their loot master was too stupid to give the corresponding drop to the feral first. Remember that infamous rogue who got Thori'dal. And it that case, rogues weren't even argumenting that they'd benefit the same/more from a ranged weapon than the other class for which that weapon is the primary one. (If you don't understand, see the Wowhead comments for any WotLK melee 2H with Agi)
    People, myself included will be PISSED if blizzard gives melee another legendary.

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe it's time for a tank legendary, with class-based rewards (similar to Atiesh). One-handers for paladin/warrior, some sort of two-handers for DK/druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Maybe it's time for a tank legendary, with class-based rewards (similar to Atiesh). One-handers for paladin/warrior, some sort of two-handers for DK/druid.
    Only problem here is Blizz has said they will not make 2h tanking weapons which means dps DKs and kittys would be after the weapons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Giving the one class that does not display the weapon they are using a cool looking legendary weapon would completely ruin the point of giving one to them.

It'd be like making a legendary pair of pants for cloth wearers, only to have them covered up by every single robe in the game.
    ... also making a legendary that will be hidden within a furry model is a complete waste. Feral druids should never get legendaries
    Because no druid stands around in Night Elf/Tauren form, ever.

Such ignorance.
    Saving the world one Rejuvenation at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Only problem here is Blizz has said they will not make 2h tanking weapons which means dps DKs and kittys would be after the weapons as well.
    I'm usually not one to say this, so I'll phrase it lightly: opinions can change.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

It's really kind of silly the way they have done legendaries IMO. Beyond the Twin Blades of Azzinoth, I'm not sure how much lore is behind any of the weapons. Case in point, I'm not sure why it's necessary to have any lore behind a certain acquirable weapon in favor of balancing etc.

Healers are about the only class that can all easily share a weapon anymore, though I guess casters are close enough compared to other classes. All tanks obviously don't use the same weapon type, same with melee dps, etc.

They should really introduce different versions of a particular weapon so that it caters to a particular role. not class. I know they said they want to introduce a caster legendary first for Cata, but then what? I mean, I won't be upset to see tanks get another one, but otherwise melee dps as a whole have had like 75% of them.

10+ Year Old Account

Sulfuras used to be an awesome weapon for both enchancement shamans, and feral droods - and you can't really class Atiesh as a caster "legendary", due to the fact it was out for a pathetic amount of time before BC dropped.

Interesting point of fact - Thunderfury was originally meant for rogues and as-of-then fury warriors, but people didn't realise the threat that the lightning burst generated. As such, the weapon eventually became a "tanking" legendary albeit not intended.
    As an Affliction Warlock, people don't seem to realise - the more of them there are, the harder I am to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Björnen

Could be used yeah, but feral druids could so too.
    Yeah, but the difference is that it was actually good for enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Blada
    Your acting like I dont know that. FAP is still just another stat on the weapon that increases your dps.
    Yes, which is why weapons are as much of an upgrade for feral as other melee, unlike hunters.

So it's hardly "just a stat-stick". Maybe you call caster weapons stat-sticks as well?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

would be nice with a staff for feral and hunter^^

I still cant understand why shaman ,from all the caster type classes, was not able to obtain Atiesh the legendary staff. Anyone know the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage
    I still cant understand why shaman ,from all the caster type classes, was not able to obtain Atiesh the legendary staff. Anyone know the reason?
    Because there were no elemental shamans. The staff for druid and priest weren't really for casters, but for healing.

I didnt say ele shaman , but why not staff for healing than ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage
    I didnt say ele shaman , but why not staff for healing than ?
    Not actually sure about that. :P

Probably because they mainly used 1h+shield like paladins, and they didn't want paladins to be the only healer not getting a legendary (but then again, they could have made 1h legendaries for paladin and shaman as well, but Blizzard has always been somewhat dodgy when it comes to legendaries).