Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patchwerk 25 Solo Kill, Blue posts

RESPECT ! ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix the Cleaver

Because those who buy that many accounts to multi box give blizzard alot of money?
    Not all multi-boxers paid extra for second box.
    there is a thing called public test realm, which many also multi-box

Quote Originally Posted by Zname
    He did it to prove it could be done, and punishing him doesn't seem appropriate - though taking some action to prevent this in the future does.

Duct Tape around the pipes you suppose? The Scourge use plenty of it on 2H Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezhe
    I can see the patchnotes now.

3.3.4: Kel'Thuzad has hired a plumber to fix several leaks in the pipe between Grobbulus and Gluth.
    "Hired a plumber?" C'mon, he just gave Professor Putricide some money for the flight.

"Good news, everyone! I've fixed the poison slime pipes!"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Remote Auction House Beta Test - Update 5.21
    The Remote Auction House beta test is now available to players on all U.S. realms. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by aramco007
    i hope blizzard wouldn't consider it as exploit.

good job
    Many people have trouble focusing for 5 minutes, and this guy did it for 5 hours. Amazing!

It doesn't really matter to me how the critics views this, it was an incredible accomplishment. If you don't think he should have done this because of the pathing and resetting enrage timer, fair enough. But this is not exploiting in the true sense of the word. He did not do this to gain an unfair advantage - achievement, loot, etc. He did it to prove it could be done, and punishing him doesn't seem appropriate - though taking some action to prevent this in the future does.
    I agree, mad respect to Jider for doing this. I agree, it does not seem like an exploit, but Blizzard will (probably) see it in a different way. Technically, he did get an unfair advantage by abusing a partial reset bug. He got loot and could have gotten the fast kill achievement if he didn't already have it (if he reset the enrage timer when Patch had 10k health or something).

Note: Again, I do not think what Jider did should be considered an exploit, but I am simply stating the viewpoint Blizzard could possibly have. What Jider did is truly amazing, and haters should not hate.

There's always one epic solo boss kill per version of WoW it seems.

I believe Vanilla it was Paladins being able to one shot well..anything if they had enough stacks of that one buff.

Warlock Solo'd Hydross the Unstable in BC

and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arck908
    There's always one epic solo boss kill per version of WoW it seems.

I believe Vanilla it was Paladins being able to one shot well..anything if they had enough stacks of that one buff.

Warlock Solo'd Hydross the Unstable in BC

and now this.
    Don't forget we had a mage soloing 3 bosses in naxx like a year ago. But that was bad needed hot fixed and ban the person that did it.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

I really don't find this a bit impressive at all. It is in fact an exploit due to the fact he would be resetting the enrage timer. I thought by solo kill he stood there took hits or had enough dodge to just be unhittable. The sartharion solo kill was a real solo kill. Not this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Arck908

Technically, it wasn't soloing, it involved 2 rogues and a stack of broken daggers by the end to "One-Shot" Kazzak and it was hotfixed within 24 hours of its occurrence.

The talent was "Reckoning" and a Paladin who had stacked tons of it was a "Reckoning Bomb". Homage is paid to it in the way of the Argent Crusade Quest Line in Icecrown when you have to defend the Crusade base from an attack from Scourgeholme. The attack you build up for that more or less kills everything in front of you is called the "Reckoning Bomb"

just one think when you engage patch the adds in his room enter in combat too so why they are on their spots ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saved
    just one think when you engage patch the adds in his room enter in combat too so why they are on their spots ?

He pops vanish to reset mobs and re-engages Patchwerk before they fully leash so that he can work on him while the mobs are not aggroed.

10+ Year Old Account

very nice

I'd bet he'll get a ban for that.

Proud rider of Mimiron's Head!

If a rogue can solo that fight in 5 hours, a prot pally can solo it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Otto von Bismarck
    I agree, mad respect to Jider for doing this. I agree, it does not seem like an exploit, but Blizzard will (probably) see it in a different way. Technically, he did get an unfair advantage by abusing a partial reset bug. He got loot and could have gotten the fast kill achievement if he didn't already have it (if he reset the enrage timer when Patch had 10k health or something).

Note: Again, I do not think what Jider did should be considered an exploit, but I am simply stating the viewpoint Blizzard could possibly have. What Jider did is truly amazing, and haters should not hate.
    You see, the issue here is where do you draw the line? It's ok for a rogue to solo patchwerk by intentionally resetting the encounter to have his cool downs available for it but it's not ok for Ensidia to use an exploit to get a kill on LK? It has nothing to do with how much time is spent on soloing it but everything on how it's done and this is an obvious exploit. I'm not saying he should be banned for it, just that something should be done and people shouldn't necessarily congratulate him for bugging an encounter so he could solo it just to get attention. There should be no double standard just because he does something impressive for 5 hours, just as there wasn't one for a high end guild.

Quote Originally Posted by bamflol
    If a rogue can solo that fight in 5 hours, a prot pally can solo it easily.
    And here this pally tries perform shadowstep.... woop woop I shit in my pants... dead lol

Many people have trouble focusing for 5 minutes, and this guy did it for 5 hours. Amazing!

It doesn't really matter to me how the critics views this, it was an incredible accomplishment. If you don't think he should have done this because of the pathing and resetting enrage timer, fair enough. But this is not exploiting in the true sense of the word. He did not do this to gain an unfair advantage - achievement, loot, etc. He did it to prove it could be done, and punishing him doesn't seem appropriate - though taking some action to prevent this in the future does.

Except that he did, by resetting patchwerk it allowed him to have his cool downs available for when he engaged him, therein exploiting the encounter. It may not be loot that anyone wants anymore, but he did get loot from it, so your argument as to why it shouldn't be considered an exploit nullifies itself with that. Just because it's loot no one wants doesn't mean he didn't exploit the encounter.

Its just genious - hope blizzard doesnt do something to punish him apart from fixing this.. He will be remembered with this feat for a long time anyway, and its clear that he hasnt done this for the gold patchwerk drops lol he must have spent 5x more than the drop at least to get this done, and the time to farm 20x that income as well...

And i wonder when blizzard will stop to so called "tolerate" multi-boxing its getting more and more even on rp servers ruining the game. But i must admit it was fun on 3v3 arena when we faced 3 shammies on top of each other with almost same names all casting lightning at me at the same time - Iceblock ftw 8)

10+ Year Old Account

This makes me wanna reroll my lvl 60 rogue in Tier 2. Though, I might race change him from a Undead to a Gobin. Funny to see a Goblin with my old PvP rank.