more low lvl elites/bosses

me and a few friends from school once took a few low lvl chars and raiding hogger. but hogger is rly the only low lvl elite. so what i was thinking is that it would be nice with a few 5 maybe 10 man low lvl bosses so you can get that experience of using low lvl where the spells are more situational then rotational. its an easier way to get to get that feeling you get when raiding but its easier to switich between classes to avoid burnout. there should prob be some loot green or blue. but no achiv because the bosses would just be camped by 80s. but what do you think about more group content in lever lvls? there prob wouldnt be a very big crowd for it but it wouldnt hurt anybody. to make it more than just hogger, which is just medium high hits, medium hp and sunder armor, it should have abilities like throwing fire on the ground and maybe a fear or something like that.

what do you think, will it be an improvement it to low levels maybe even have a few low lvl pve twinks. or will it just go unused?

Re: more low lvl elites/bosses

There are lots out there, download SilverDragon and go trough the low level zones and you will see what i mean... some are rare and some are allways there
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

so wait

You want more low level bosses so that players can experience their class at 80?

So you want my priest to feel like a level 80 shadow priest by spamming smite?

Also low levels don't have any real form of mana regen talents so your looking at mobs that die as fast as normal ones do but with 3-5 people total....

no?

Blizzard designed the starter areas and mobs around the idea that a majority of the players are new to the game. With that in mind they made sure to keep elites out of the areas and stuck with rare elites that show up once in a blue moon. Go solo Stitches at level 35 if you want to feel epic.

Deleted

There were a lot of outdoor elites, but most got completely nerfed at one patch during BC (I forget which) to normal mobs, to "ease the levelling experience".

Nowadays, you have Hogger and Stitches, and lots of giants in STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    You want more low level bosses so that players can experience their class at 80?

So you want my priest to feel like a level 80 shadow priest by spamming smite?

Also low levels don't have any real form of mana regen talents so your looking at mobs that die as fast as normal ones do but with 3-5 people total....

no?
    i didn't want them to have achivs so the 80s would stay away from them.

and on mana regen you might want to use burst heal so you heal to full health and let it regen till tank is low then heal him to full.

and yea i know low lvls new to the game isnt suppose to run into elites on accidents but maybe then you could put it in an isolated area.

and about just using silver dragon. the rare arent allways elite. and its not fun running around with your friend hoping the mob is gonna be there.

The problem is that spamming one ability as your dps rotation or healing or tanking is not anyway to preview the class at 80.

Concept really doesn't have a point because of the limitations with mana regen. Plus, just run deadmines....

A lot of specs don't even start to resemble how they are at 80 until after 60, so there isn't much to be learned until outland at the earliest.

there was a lot more low level elites, but they were removed because they often barred the way into instances or made more low level group quests than people felt necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Knopp, i understand the point u are trying to make.
    And i feel the same.
    There was abit of Group quests, there was elites outside of 5-man dungeons.
    At some point they made this game a little too idiot-proof.
    Give ppl a challange at lvl 15 and they might learn 1 mechanic of 80 gaming, teamwork...

Quote Originally Posted by knopp
    and yea i know low lvls new to the game isnt suppose to run into elites on accidents but maybe then you could put it in an isolated area.
    So you want instances? Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Polution
    So you want instances? Gotcha.
    i want heroic mode instances in lvl 1 pleas

Since Blizzard took away most of the elite mobs from the world, there is no more danger ... it's a bit sad and quiet unexciting. Back in the 60, we had Tyr's hand, wich was so great to solo ! =]

yea i want a challenge, it doesnt have to give achivs or insane gear. but just something challenging in low lvls

atm there is only matis the cruel and hogger. the rest either lost their elite tag or needs to be summoned