10+ Year Old Account

Engineering glove enchant?

After recently taking my hunter alt out of retirement, I got started on min/maxing, learning the class better, and gearing actively, but I've struck a little problem.
    I can't decide which of the engineering glove enchants are most beneficial for PvE dps, the rocket, ~2.5k damage every 45 seconds, or the haste ones (340 haste for 15 seconds, 1minute CD? I could be wrong this is from memory)

I ran each through femaledwarf, and the rocket seems to take a lead by a whopping 27 dps, although in my head, the haste just seems to make more sense.

Can anyone give me any solid evedence to base a decision either way?

Kaga
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Re: Engineering glove enchant?

The thing to keep in mind is that the rocket addon is completely off the GCD, you can macro it with any attack you do fairly often.

10+ Year Old Account

Depends on your Arp, the rocket is affected by your AP, so if you're surv or agi gemmed MM you can go either way, if you're serious MM i'd recommend the haste.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, the dps difference with agi is negligible (literally a difference of about 2dps), and it just depends on what you can utilise more effectively. As stated, if you are arp gemmed, the haste pulls ahead since it pumps out more white damage.

15+ Year Old Account

As soon as 4.0 patch hits the game (sometime before expansion) the haste will be better for focus regen Unless they change the enchant ^^

Otherwise I'd go with .... Haste anyway...there aren't that many pieces from ICC that has Haste on them anyway

If you proc your haste gloves and suddenly realise that you have to move, that is some dps lost.

15+ Year Old Account

Basically, the haste enchant scales better with ICC gear, regardless of spec. Also, both enchants are off the GCD, so that isn't an issue either
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    If you proc your haste gloves and suddenly realise that you have to move, that is some dps lost.
    Thought the Haste enchant was a use effect and not a proc :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Thought the Haste enchant was a use effect and not a proc :P
    It is a use effect indeed, maybe my choice of words were inaccurate.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla
    The thing to keep in mind is that the rocket addon is completely off the GCD, you can macro it with any attack you do fairly often.
    And so are the Hyperspeed Accelerators.

It doesn't depend on your ArP, haste, AP, or anything. Hands down, Accelerators are the BiS enchant.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account

No, at lower gear levels, the rocket is better. At higher gear levels, it falls behind. General rule of thumb, is to go haste for t10 gear

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    No, at lower gear levels, the rocket is better. At higher gear levels, it falls behind. General rule of thumb, is to go haste for t10 gear
    Prove me wrong?
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

I support this general summary. Nothing more to say, other than, of course, fmd it to know for sure.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I support this general summary. Nothing more to say, other than, of course, fmd it to know for sure.
    By that logic, you should support me then. I don't make any changes without first consulting FMD. It showed me that even at lower gear levels, Accelerators were better because of the increased Haste. Simply going by the numbers, you can see that you would obviously do more damage due to increased number of auto shots/steady shots than the simple ~1900 damage the Rocket would do.

EDIT: Alright, I'll admit I'm wrong. After running some numbers in the spreadsheet, using a gear of ~187-200 (Leveling blues/heroic drops, to show the "low gear level" that Thereign stated), it shows that the Rocket is better. It gives a gain of ~19 DPS. It won't make or break you, however. But worth it if you're min/maxing. T9/10 Gloves are the easiest to obtain since they are both the cheapest Tier piece on Emblems AND drop from VoA. If you get those, you could be cheap and just go ahead and use the Accelerators, as they scale better and you would need to switch at a certain point anyways.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, that is basically the whole arguement, but it is a very miniscule damage gain. Not saying a humongous difference, just that one is barely better than the other.

Haste- Moderately well geared MM hunter with no latency issues
    Rockets- Everything else.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, that is basically the whole arguement, but it is a very miniscule damage gain. Not saying a humongous difference, just that one is barely better than the other.
    Yeah. Hell, I just noticed at my gear level I gain 10 DPS by switching to the rocket. I want to switch anyways just cause it seems so badass to fire a rocket! Lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, the rocket seems to be the more amusing enchant to me as well, and if it is a dps improvement, by all means, go for it. Just macro it into your aimed shot, or with kill command, so that you get maximum use from it.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes, the rocket seems to be the more amusing enchant to me as well, and if it is a dps improvement, by all means, go for it. Just macro it into your aimed shot, or with kill command, so that you get maximum use from it.

Yeah I know. I already had my gloves and Kill Command macro'd into Steady Shot, along with Silencing Shot. It's better to have Steady Shot as your macro shot (Unless you macro your CDs to everything), as it is the most used ability so you'll hit your CDs more often.

10+ Year Old Account

I just used aimed as an example because it has a 10 second cooldown, so every 6th use should trigger it