Thread: Playing the ah?

Playing the ah?

Ok so basically ive got 7k gold to burn and i want to make alot more i needa know how to play the ah!

apart from buying flasks, gems, frozen orbs is there any other stuff i can buy big in bulk or when there cheap and sell at a higer price?

Re: Playing the ah?

I don't play the AH and I'm sitting at 24k gold atm...

But can it be that hard to understand?

Buy cheap, sell high.

Just spend a week or so (2 weeks would probably be much better), monitoring your servers economy.
    Write down how the price changes on specific items to get an idea of which price is high and which price is low for a specific item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Yeah i know my servers econmy already very well but there has to be more to it seeing people making multitudes of money on the ah

i sell metas and rare gems mostly. one meta costs me about 15g and i sell them for 80-120g.
    i buy rare gems for 5-10g and sell them for 25-45g.

Quote Originally Posted by veltins
    i sell metas and rare gems mostly. one meta costs me about 15g and i sell them for 80-120g.
    i buy rare gems for 5-10g and sell them for 25-45g.
    Nice! Do you buy em bulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Detec
    Nice! Do you buy em bulk?
    i am jewelcrafter and my alt is transmute alchemist.
    i sell only cut gems.

I made a small fortune by purchasing a lot of Khorium bars for 10g per bar and selling for 100
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Noldi
    I made a small fortune by purchasing a lot of Khorium bars for 10g per bar and selling for 100
    Nice im looking for ways like this =)

you can make money on ALL items so there is your list

A good thing to remember is not to put all your eggs in one basket. Or whatever that saying is. Basically don't just focus on one market. For example, I sell glyphs, gems, flasks, enchanting scrolls, Runescrolls, vellums, and other things from my other professions. That way if one market crashes, I hardly notice it.