Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ret Rep Ring question!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhym
    I've heard of about 3 different respected spreadsheets. In my experience, the difference in numbers between them is marginal and Rawr takes little to no brain power or effort to set up. I'll take the path of least resistance personally.
    It's certainly easy for some but many people still make common mistakes and base their gear choices around incorrect settings. Like Nikoll just said, default rotation is something like CS, Exo, Consecration, Judgement...something awful. Default fight length also skews results. If people aren't paying attention to things like that, they often get strange, inconsistent information.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    But yeah, excell isn't hard. My abs are.
    Fix't for teh guido like lulzorz.
    You can't spell 'morgue' without 'rogue'...

I think I've said it like five times, I may actually make a thread about it.

Use Bellator's spreadsheet. It's the most accurate dps simulation tool out there.
    The Bellator setup seems simple enough but the projected DPS totals seem to be too low. I loaded in all of my gear (which included editing the Frostbitten Fur Boots to reflect a second gem slot), gave myself all relevant buffs, loaded in all of my gems/enchants, loaded my spec, and even added the 15% ICC buff but the projected damage output is too low.

Below all of the above settings, there is a field for "Damage on Tooltips". Should I be modifying this is any way?? I had used the Bellator sheet back during SWP. Since the launch of WotLK, this is only my second time using this spreadsheet. That being said, I am clearly not an expert by any means. If you know something I don't know about the setup of this spreadsheet, please enlighten me. Otherwise, this spreadsheet has no value because it just isn't accurate the way I am doing it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The Bellator setup seems simple enough but the projected DPS totals seem to be too low. I loaded in all of my gear (which included editing the Frostbitten Fur Boots to reflect a second gem slot), gave myself all relevant buffs, loaded in all of my gems/enchants, loaded my spec, and even added the 15% ICC buff but the projected damage output is too low.

Below all of the above settings, there is a field for "Damage on Tooltips". Should I be modifying this is any way?? I had used the Bellator sheet back during SWP. Since the launch of WotLK, this is only my second time using this spreadsheet. That being said, I am clearly not an expert by any means. If you know something I don't know about the setup of this spreadsheet, please enlighten me. Otherwise, this spreadsheet has no value because it just isn't accurate the way I am doing it.
    The one I use was modified by Exemplar, send him a PM on elitist jerks and he'll likely give you the goods.

The one I use was modified by Exemplar, send him a PM on elitist jerks and he'll likely give you the goods.
    Ughh. While I respect their information and rarely argue with it, I don't really care to interact with the posters on EJ. That entire forum has the wrong feel to it. Reminds me of a hospital. Things and people are just WAY too serious there.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Haha, well they're a lot friendlier when you PM them. Might as well give it a go, they're helpful when you seem to know what you're looking for.

Haha, well they're a lot friendlier when you PM them. Might as well give it a go, they're helpful when you seem to know what you're looking for.
    IIRC, the last time I posted on there I was telling them that they were wrong about the functionality of the 2T9 bonus that Ronark discovered on the PTR. They were all pumped up and then I posted the PTR screenshots. Reality hit hard that day.

As for the PM, I'll think about it. TBH, I haven't had any real complaints with Rawr. It certainly keeps me in the ballpark.

When I posted there it was usually a "calm down kid", but stated a little nicer, and I made a few suggestions in the UI thread that actually made onto the first page.

But yeah, in my experience they've always responded in PM's well to people if they're not idiots, although I have to agree that the forums there are about as exciting as a funeral.

I have to agree that the forums there are about as exciting as a funeral.
    I think someone should gather all of those guys up and check their pulses. It's pathetic how stale they are.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I think someone should gather all of those guys up and check their pulses. It's pathetic how stale they are.
    i agree. i have sworn to the light that i would NEVER, EVER join Elitist jerks. they can ban you for just lurking, not even posting anything. the mood there feels like at a corporate business meeting at Electronic Arts would feel. no fun, no fantasy and not even the slightest regard to anything other than numbers. I personally think they suck the fun out of this game.

edit: which does not mean that i don't look there for my intel.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall
    i agree. i have sworn to the light that i would NEVER, EVER join Elitist jerks. they can ban you for just lurking, not even posting anything. the mood there feels like at a corporate business meeting at Electronic Arts would feel. no fun, no fantasy and not even the slightest regard to anything other than numbers. I personally think they suck the fun out of this game.

edit: which does not mean that i don't look there for my intel.
    same for me and add the website look like crap