Best Warlock Spec :)

Hello guys! ;D
    I got 2 questions to you:

1) What spec is best for dps in raids ???

2) What spec is best for PvP (arena) ???

If u can link builds for me

Thanks

Re: Best Warlock Spec :)

elitistjerks.com
    everything you would need to know

Yup, first 2 posts pretty much covers what you should do

but in short

1: Affliction(if played right) is above demonology in personal dps, but the demo lock provides buffs for the raid, which by far out does the small amount of dps gained by affliction. Destruction is still a little behind, but also the easiest specc to play, so if you aren't very good that might prove to be the best specc for you.

2: Cant help you here m8
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Well thanks guys :P

Deleted

Take a look at

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-warlock/top-dps/

if you want a discussion on what spec to roll for raids. There are dozens of other topics along those lines too, although you may have to go back a few pages to find them, or make use of the search tool (i appreciate that forum search tools have their limitations).

The main problem with your question is that there is no answer. Aff and Demo are pretty close on sims. Aff pulls ahead due to corruption rolling in basic patch style fights and deals well with off targets so long as they don't require too much attention. Demo will be better for actual target switching due to decimation.

All things being equal destro will be a little behind on pure dps, but not be as much as would make it unviable. It also provides a lot of raid utility with the option of speccing shadowfury and/or imp soul leech, and conflagrate can be very useful for add control if needed.

The spcs are close enough that your dps is going to suffer more from human error/fight mechanics than it will from the choice of spec itself, so the best advice is really to try them all, see what you like and what you work well with. It's not the most useful answer, but that's the curse of having three viable raid specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlock
    Hello guys! ;D
    I got 2 questions to you:

1) What spec is best for dps in raids ???

2) What spec is best for PvP (arena) ???

If u can link builds for me

Thanks
    1. Afflic ~= demo > destro

2. Afflic > destro > demo -> depending on setup destro can be better (high burst teams with ele shaman for example)

10+ Year Old Account

Dunno why people are hating on destro. For PvE I have an Affliction spec and a Destro spec. I use my destro spec for fights that require heavy burst on targets other than the boss (think Putricide) because the ramp up time of Affliction takes far too long compared to the burst that destro brings. I still also do ~9k DPS as destro. Ive spiked doing 11k dps as destro when I rolled into a 10m and didn't have a pve afflic spec.

For 2's, I go as Affliction. I feel like I have a lot more control over my opponents. The dispel shield (UA) helps immensely, specifically if you're going up against a dispel team (Priest, Pally). I find that if I go against a team with a defensive dispel as Destro, my immolate gets dispelled due to lack of any blanket debuffs, and my damage is shit. Personally I'm just not a fan of destro for pvp, but maybe if I experimented more.

I have never been Demo. It could be that we have a dedicated Demo lock for our raid, and it could be I've just never felt the urge to give it a chance. It's never appealed to me, however recently I've wanted to just do a couple randoms as demo and see how it goes.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin