Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret - Which piece for my 4piece T10?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    To go back to your "Get 5 PIECE NAO" statement:
    1) Not everyone has access to that amount of frost badges
    2) Not everyone has access to an unlimited amount of 264 (or 277) set tokens => at some point you need to decide, whether you want to upgrade the gloves OR the legs.
    => I don't get why you advice someone to get 5pc t10.
    If you have access to hard modes, it's actually a higher DPS set to grab the hands and get the offset legs from Dreamwalker. I haven't plugged the normal mode ones in the spreadsheet, but they're very, very close in DPS for the strictly 264 pieces.

My point is, don't limit yourself to just 4pc, get all 5 pieces. You can juggle pieces around for the highest DPS possible given the gear you have access to. A lot of people try to mimic the BiS list without having the actual 277/284 pieces, and as a result end up doing less DPS.
    pretty cut and dry.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Retcognition
    A BiS set usually only works if you have every other piece on that list, or at least, a large majority.
    I see your "Oh god this" and raise you a THIS. This person is correct, BiS often times means "BiS" when working with all the other pieces. My suggestion for minmaxing:

1. download rawr
    2. input your armory
    3. profit

I was leery of using rawr at first, but found that it rarely points me in the wrong direction.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Assuming you don't have a 3462345252 DKP lead or the Master Looter in your back pocket, his statement is true. I have passed numerous times on things that were ideal immediately to save resources for the piece that will ultimately be ideal.
    I'll agree that in general it's not always the best idea to go for the immediate upgrade. However, considering that the best setup he can hope for consists of both pieces, he'll eventually need to buy both and it makes the most sense for him to pick up the piece that is the best for him now first.

Luck with drops being what it is, there's no guarantee that he'll have the item(s) he needs to replace the T10 gloves before he can afford to buy the second item.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    How is /roll fun if you always loose? DKP has several flaws, depending on which one you use, but at least it isn't as random as using /roll !_!
    I'm the best plate DPS in my guild by quite a margin. My main spec is Protection, just to give an idea of exactly what that means. Not only do I have to wait for all of the not particularly good main plate DPS to roll on items I want before I even get a chance at them, I also have to roll against the other people who have DPS offspecs.

In the last two weeks I've lost the neck from Deathwhisper 25 (which I currently need to reach the hit cap) to two other tanks in the guild, and they both do barely more than half the DPS I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    I'll agree that in general it's not always the best idea to go for the immediate upgrade. However, considering that the best setup he can hope for consists of both pieces, he'll eventually need to buy both and it makes the most sense for him to pick up the piece that is the best for him now first.
    Oh, absolutely. My last post was directed at drops and not at the purchase of tier gear. Each player controls their own badge income rate. Not purchasing those items when they can is pretty silly.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD