Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Who will be THE Mary Sue of Cataclysm?

Well Rhonin and Krasus are now safely out of knaaks so the blizzard team can (and have) repair some of the damage, with Rhonin himself just being a mage leader (you know if knaak had written the uld thing that it would have been Rhonin charging head first into Yoggys room while you healed him and kept mobs off him so he can concentrate only destroyed yogg with his awesomeness and not everyone else by mistake, rather than just trying (and failing) to make the Alliance and horde work together before just standing players and a few battlemages in.

My guess, it will be blizzards own Mary Sue. Trall.

10+ Year Old Account

Who is Mary Sue?

God
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    Who is Mary Sue?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

Also, Rhonin is probably more like the God Mode Sue subtype or somthing >.>

10+ Year Old Account

my money would be on either Thrall or Malfurion.

Malfurion is already insanely powerful, and getting to see him in WoW play will result in one of two possible outcomes.

1. He's insanely powerful, one shots raid bosses, kills deathwing Solo (in lore) while cooking a tasty dragonegg Souffle, and writing out the complete works of Hemmit Nessingwary. leading to all the people who previously loved him praising how well the lore is written, and all the people who previously hated him saying it's bullshit

2. In an attempt to downplay his previous lolpwntOPness, they have every NPC and his mother kick the crap out of him, making him a total joke, and ruining Arch Druids forever. this will lead to all the people who previously hated him praising how well the lore is writen, and all the people who previously loved him saying it's bullshit.

Thrall is another possibilty, he's already on his way to becoming as powerful as Malfurion, and this is supposed to be the elemental expansion, from which Thrall draws his power, so there's a very good chance he could be getting a significant powerboost (bankai!!111one)

or they'll just boost whichever Knaak character he pulls out of his ass this time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by themaelstorm
    A new character.

He's like alliance but also fought with horde. He was raised in back streets of Lordearon so he's like a high lvl rogue but he learned sword play in arena so he fights like a fighter. But he discovers he has great magical powers, so he's like a high lvl mage and then he is the chosen of light so he can be like a paladin and all.

His name is Kanak Darhirc.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH, MY.

Anyhow, I'd say Malfurion.

Mary Sue?

How do you mean?

"
    A (female) character who is so perfect that (s)he is annoying.
    Mary-Sues are characters who are usually extraordinarily gorgeous, amazingly talented, unusually powerful, and exceedingly attractive to whoever the author has a crush on. They often possess ridiculously fancy and pretentious first names and are very, very annoying.
    "

Also see:
    Black Hole Sue - Rhonin
    Jerk Sue - Garrosh
    Our Elves are Better.
    Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

Jaina is THE Mary Sue of Warcraft, no matter Cataclysm.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane
    laim graymane

he is currently good enough to single weild bruce lee

he fights shirtless and with a broken bottle with a side kick who wears a top hat

mad mary sue right there
    Liam dies by the hand of Sylvanas... oh snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver
    Med'an.
    ^^^
    Gaurdians of tristfal make a move?
    would be kinda nice

But i would like to see Thrall do it took a bit of a back seat in wotlk with his new job i hope we see him start the counter attack :P
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent
    Jaina is THE Mary Sue of Warcraft, no matter Cataclysm.
    ...Wow.

People can still claim this? Even after the way she folded at Icecrown? And even considering that the only author who wrote her as anything resembling a Mary Sue was Keith DeCandidiasis?

Garrosh or Malfurion.

I don't believe we'll see Med'an in game this expansion, except perhaps in mentioning at Uldum.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea
    ...Wow.

People can still claim this? Even after the way she folded at Icecrown? And even considering that the only author who wrote her as anything resembling a Mary Sue was Keith DeCandidiasis?
    This.

Ugh...nightmare images of WotLK Jaina pouring into my dreams, go away and never come back. What happened to the strong-willed female lead who led the remnants of the northern kingdoms across the sea and founded a new nation? What happened to the powerful spell-caster chick whose favorite line was "Shhh, I'm trying to think here"? What happened to the woman who led the humans at Mt. Hyjal and aided in saving the world? Where is the woman who made peace with Thrall and Durotar and was still able to secure the loyalty of her people, despite the tensions that began to mount between Theramore and Durotar?

That version of Jaina would be closer to being classified as a Mary-Sue. Even so, she was far more interesting than the poor confused girl we've been seeing in the Frozen Halls and ICC. Blizz please get rid of the thing that has been transmuted into Varian Chynn's personal cheerleader. That "proud of my king" comment about made me gag. Now that Arthas is dead, let her move on to something better besides panning after the same villain who murdered her teacher, his own father, and sacked his home nation. Let the girl who's undoubtedly as confused as a devout Christian fundy who finds himself in Hell die away. The poor girl went into ICC with the mindset of "damsel in distress" but the Prince Charming who she wanted to be rescued by was none other than the Lich King himself.

Give us back Jaina before WotLK. Let her do something awesome in Cataclysm.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Zeppelin
    Ugh...nightmare images of WotLK Jaina pouring into my dreams, go away and never come back. What happened to the strong-willed female lead who led the remnants of the northern kingdoms across the sea and founded a new nation? What happened to the powerful spell-caster chick whose favorite line was "Shhh, I'm trying to think here"? What happened to the woman who led the humans at Mt. Hyjal and aided in saving the world? Where is the woman who made peace with Thrall and Durotar and was still able to secure the loyalty of her people, despite the tensions that began to mount between Theramore and Durotar?

That version of Jaina would be closer to being classified as a Mary-Sue. Even so, she was far more interesting than the poor confused girl we've been seeing in the Frozen Halls and ICC. Blizz please get rid of the thing that has been transmuted into Varian Chynn's personal cheerleader. That "proud of my king" comment about made me gag. Now that Arthas is dead, let her move on to something better besides panning after the same villain who murdered her teacher, his own father, and sacked his home nation. Let the girl who's undoubtedly as confused as a devout Christian fundy who finds himself in Hell die away. The poor girl went into ICC with the mindset of "damsel in distress" but the Prince Charming who she wanted to be rescued by was none other than the Lich King himself.

Give us back Jaina before WotLK. Let her do something awesome in Cataclysm.
    This. Very, very this.

Sadly based on how Blizzard seems to want to depict female heroes lately, don't see Jaina any time soon show up to have any form of confidence or heroic abilities again.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane
    laim graymane

he is currently good enough to single weild bruce lee

he fights shirtless and with a broken bottle with a side kick who wears a top hat

mad mary sue right there
    Oh yeah, if he didn't... No.. I must... resist...
    Anyway, Med'am as mentioned before or Vancleef. (Yeah I did it but I didn't)