Affliction specc, judge me and/or flame me!

Pretty simple, im leveling my warlock now (7th lvl 80 to be) and i wonder, what do you think of these specc?

PVE:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#Ifx0bh...ktZE00q:MnI0Mz
    (Thinking of swapping Shadowburn with Dark pack here)

PVP:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#Ibxbrh...ktbGcck:Mwpz0M

Please flame/judge my specc(s) and come with improved/better speccs if you have ;D
    PS: my lock is currently around lvl 50, so i dont know all the mecanics of a lock (yet)

Re: Affliction specc, judge me and/or flame me!

The goal of leveling is to not use shadowbolt at all, there are several talents you can grab in affliction instead like Grim Reach, imp Drain soul, imp Life Tap, imp Howl of Terror and Dark pact. Shadow bolt is the least mana effective spell in the game, and the only thing you do with it is kill a target before your dots run out. The goal is to dot dot dot -> next target: dot dot dot -> first target dead. Rinse and repeat .

10+ Year Old Account

might wanna change the quick decay glyph bc at 50 you dont have much haste :/, and the corr glyph could also be Life Tap but its up to you. For leveling though its more, "i'm going to dot everything and run around" or "im going to dot this target put my pet on it and drain life" the PVE spec looks more like a raiding spec sort of. PVP is good, i think, i dont pvp much O_o.
    [/CENTER]

i dont mean for leveling i mean for a lvl 80 raid/HC/ and pvp specc ;D

For raiding, I'd drop shadowburn, and a few points in fel concentration and get either imp Life tap or Dark pact, and Amplify curse. For 5mans, affliction is very bad, I can recommend Demo there, great buffs and lots of fun mechanics and burst for 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoe
    For raiding, I'd drop shadowburn, and a few points in fel concentration and get either imp Life tap or Dark pact, and Amplify curse. For 5mans, affliction is very bad, I can recommend Demo there, great buffs and lots of fun mechanics and burst for 5mans.
    aha, that sounds good.

Iv also heard that Affliction sucks for 5mans and that demo is good, i have a demo specc that i know is good (from looking at other posts).

Thanks for the replies!

Deleted

Affliction doesn't suck that bad for 5 mans. Against most bosses you can get a full rotation going or close to, and trash just gets SoC spam anyway. You'll underperform on single trash or pairs, but mostly it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Affliction doesn't suck that bad for 5 mans. Against most bosses you can get a full rotation going or close to, and trash just gets SoC spam anyway. You'll underperform on single trash or pairs, but mostly it's fine.
    5 mans can be a good practice for rotation then?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller
    5 mans can be a good practice for rotation then?
    Not sure about that, it's still going to be a 'rotation lite'. I enjoy 5 mans as Aff because there is a bit more challenge to it in getting out decent dps. It's good practice for speed and good decision making though because everything moves/dies so fast.

Depending on how seriously you approach them 5-mans can still be good practice for a lot of things.

PvE spec:
    I should go for amplify curse too for a fast curse of agony spam. But that is my personal preference I think. fell concentration is not needed since you shouldn't be damaged in the first place. put those 3 points in amplify curse and grim reach and you nailed it.

that to is something, when i get in PVE at lvl 80 should i cast haunt first before i apply dots in order to make the dots i cast after or will the dots get the increased damage stack if i cast Haunt AFTER! i have applied the dots?

Haunt first so the dots can benefit from the extra damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Although the DoTs damage is calculated against debuffs on a per tick basis so you wouldn't loose much by casting it after; it's still a DPS loss to cast it after. You should also put 2 Shadow Bolts up first of all though to stack Shadow Embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Rotation is

Shadow bolt > Shadow bolt > haunt > unstable affliction > corruption > Curse of Agony

Then i usually shadow bolt like 3 times, then renew haunt, get another couple shadow bolts in and renew UA, then CoA. corruption never falls off and thus never needs to be renewed.

You shadow bolt 2 times first for the crit modifier, and you UA before corruption to make sure that your haunt reaches the target before your corruption is on. Otherwise, if you cast haunt and then corruption right after, the corruption will be on the target when the haunt its, and haunt will renew its duration resulting in a loss of dps by not casting your highest dpct spells first.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

There is a lot of mis-information here. Haunt is retroactive, so usually a good idea to launch Sbolt, your dots, then haunt.

For warlock info, it would probably be better to ask here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=10014&sid=1

Damage from debuffs is constantly recalculated yes. But on the other hand, you want haunt up asap when your dots are up, and it has some flight time and lag before it starts. 1/2 sbolts -> haunt -> corr -> ua -> (haunt lands) -> coa works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoe
    Damage from debuffs is constantly recalculated yes. But on the other hand, you want haunt up asap when your dots are up, and it has some flight time and lag before it starts. 1/2 sbolts -> haunt -> corr -> ua -> (haunt lands) -> coa works pretty well.
    However the sooner your dots are on the more damage you get out. For this example lets say you have 50% haste. By getting corruption out there 1.5 seconds sooner, you get an extra corruption tick, which is 100% more damage, as compared to getting haunt first so that your first tick will have the 20%.

I am not sure if you want to put on haunt before or after UA, but generally corruption before haunt is what I have read is best...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MCC1701
    However the sooner your dots are on the more damage you get out. For this example lets say you have 50% haste. By getting corruption out there 1.5 seconds sooner, you get an extra corruption tick, which is 100% more damage, as compared to getting haunt first so that your first tick will have the 20%.
    But you're not gaining any extra ticks, as the fight will be the same length either way, it just means you get one or two ticks with less power than all subsequent ticks as you're delaying the Haunt and a stack of Shadow Embrace.

On fights where you need to run in, sure place CoA/Corr as you're moving, but where you can open from a stationary position, open with a couple of SBs and Haunt before DoTing.