Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: UA & corruption not applying when multiple aff locks in raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh
    I have noticed something similar lately. Corruption will be ticking with 9 seconds left and then poof its gone. I haven't checked combat logs since last night is the first time I really noticed it. To many spells reapply it for the spell to be falling off. I think it might be my unit frame add on since dot timers still show it rolling.
    this is most likely your DoT timer not realizing you have glyph of RD

OT: its your addons. the reason you are seeing lower DPS is because you are spending your time looking for your DoT timer worrying about your DoTs not working and not putting them back up correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Agreed, there's no way you have great uptimes on all of your DoTs if you can't see them on the boss. It's possible to have an internal clock for each of them if you're that talented and been doing it a while, but if you've ever been using a timer of any sort before then you'll be way outta whack. This would result in more time trying to reapply for lower DPS, or more time without them being up and you not knowing for lower uptimes.

I've seen no problems thus far, and something as large as this would be huge news the night it took effect. /blames Addons.

15+ Year Old Account

The problem is not exactly addons, but a blizzard api issue.

Basically, the combat log fills so fast that the function - gets overloaded and crashes, which removes the ability of your local client to process incoming messages from the server. You are casting spells, they are doing damage, and the server is trying to tell you. However, the blizzard api crashed out from overload

Addons contribute to the problem by slowing down this function. They report on the combat log, preventing the system from freeing resources as required. The more addons you have, and the more events per second that are happening, on a system with an "average" cpu, the more likely a crash will occur.

As I said, only a complete client "Exit Game" will reset it properly.

This addon fixes the problem 80% of the time by automatically clearing your combat log faster than the client does:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...batLogFix.html

R.I.P. YARG

Will try out the addon you linked. I'm not exactly clear on how it will help, as from the description for the addon, it says it clears "If no combat log events are found for 2 seconds after you cast a spell", which is a situation I would hope would be very infrequent, i.e. giong 2+ seconds during an encounter without casting a spell.

I have to agree with the opinions stated here that it is an interface issue, but am really hoping to be able to correct it without having to stop using my current set, as I have come to this setup after a long time of tweaking the combination, configuration and layout of my current addons, and they are more or less all necessary.

Thanks again for everybody who has contributed.

15+ Year Old Account

The bug breaks all addons that depend on COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED. This means your combat log stops displaying things, and the addons that look at your combat log all break because there is nothing to look at. The addon resets your combat log after the bug occurs by running this script:

/run CombatLogClearEntries()

... 2 seconds after it breaks.

Yes, it will basically reset recount, forte, etc as if you had just entered combat, but isn't a reset better than running the rest of the fight blind?

And sometimes, this fix alone is not sufficient - in these cases a full "Exit Game" is required. You can also delete Blizzard_combat_log.* from your WTF folder (multiple locations) in order to make this solution last longer.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Source information, besides personal experience and troubleshooting:

http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=2743

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30607925&sid=1

R.I.P. YARG