10+ Year Old Account

Addon to show CD on procs!

Hey guys!

I know that there are several great addons out there that can be configed to show the CD of an proc.
    My guess is that addons like Power Auras, Tellmewhen and Needtoknow can this. My problem tho is how to make it work.
    If anyone could tell me about a addon to track this, or how to track it with one of the three addons above (have them all) it would be greatly appreciated!

PS. English is not my main language!
    trololol didn't read

Do you mean the internal cooldown of a proc (the hidden cooldown) or to show when it procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm using Needtoknow, so here's something that might help

let's take my hungerer trinket procc:

i'm tracking the ICD of it so i know when it will proc again, setting it up is pretty easy:

on bartype: click on internal cooldown
    internal cooldown settings: make sure append "CD" is vinked
    click on cooldown duration (at ICD settings): to enter to icd of the item, might wanna look it up on wowhead how long it is (for example hungerer icd is 45sec so i'll add 45
    click on "choose buff/debuff to time ( add the name of the procc, not the actual name of the item/spell, example: item is called the hungerer but the procc itself is called devour so i'll add "devour" as the spell.

change bar color, do stuff with it you like,

for the rest might be more info about NTK on wowinterface or curse.

hope it helped a bit

if you wanna track a buff duration

bartype: Buff
    on bar settings: only show if cast byself (make sure it's vinked)
    on unit to monitor: vink "player"

if there's something else, just ask might be able to help

you might know this alrdy but when you configured everything and it's done, make sure you do /ntk to hide all the stuff or else it won't work.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-08-13 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added "Buff"
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Do you mean the internal cooldown of a proc (the hidden cooldown) or to show when it procs?
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    i'm using Needtoknow, so here's something that might help

let's take my hungerer trinket procc:

i'm tracking the ICD of it so i know when it will proc again, setting it up is pretty easy:

on bartype: click on internal cooldown
    internal cooldown settings: make sure append "CD" is vinked
    click on cooldown duration (at ICD settings): to enter to icd of the item, might wanna look it up on wowhead how long it is (for example hungerer icd is 45sec so i'll add 45
    click on "choose buff/debuff to time ( add the name of the procc, not the actual name of the item/spell, example: item is called the hungerer but the procc itself is called devour so i'll add "devour" as the spell.

change bar color, do stuff with it you like,

for the rest might be more info about NTK on wowinterface or curse.

hope it helped a bit

if you wanna track a buff duration

bartype: Buff
    on bar settings: only show if cast byself (make sure it's vinked)
    on unit to monitor: vink "player"

if there's something else, just ask might be able to help

you might know this alrdy but when you configured everything and it's done, make sure you do /ntk to hide all the stuff or else it won't work.
    I am trying it out now, thanks!
    trololol didn't read

TellMeWhen can do it too, you just need to know how long the internal cooldown is.

Regarding the above instructions there for NeedToKnow, another user Kripparian posted a video explaining how to do just that.

Pionock also has a point in that NeedToKnow presents in a bar format, while TellMeWhen does icons, both addons having similar functionality otherwise.

If you have a preferance in UI aesthetics or styling, or find one easier to read than the other then either will do the job just fine.

Yeah, I prefer to have icons. The only internal cooldown I have that's worth tracking IMO is when I'm playing my priest and I want to track Rapture's cooldown, so I can properly use bubble.

FortExorcist shows internal cooldowns of trinkets and talents. It's also just an all around awesome addon for tracking any cooldowns.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ3ster View Post
    FortExorcist shows internal cooldowns of trinkets and talents. It's also just an all around awesome addon for tracking any cooldowns.
    ^^ overall awesome addon it works very well with every class tracks all your cd's and trinket proccs

I'll agree with the last two posts that FortExorcist is amazing. I just recently started using it myself on my disc priest. It's also very easy to configure.

Just a warning though, it will track the cooldown on EVERTHING when you first run it. Even cosmetic items, flavor items, w/e. But when things appear on your bars that you don't want to track, it's just a couple clicks to filter that out.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

ForteXorcist tries to do everything.
    To make it useful you have to turn things off, which imo is not the best approach.
    I think it is better to have to add something you realise you need, than to spend time removing and having to look past that which you do not.
    I have yet to find a bar based timer however which does the ticks for dots like Forte does however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a video on how to do it with Tellmewhen, and it suits my UI better than Needtoknow. So I went for it
    trololol didn't read

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haedess View Post
    I found a video on how to do it with Tellmewhen, and it suits my UI better than Needtoknow. So I went for it
    Tell me when is amazing.