Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Are you going to a Cataclysm Midnight release?

Were not nerds, their smarter then us. Were geeks and gamers, with a bar between the two titles that slides depending on the individual.
    That's not true, there were 2 guys at the wotlk launch ages back who tried to roll me O_o It started off with them asking to buy them smokes, they weren't very geek-like at all.

I'll definitely be going.

I love midnight releases for games! XD

Plus, it's usually pretty cool to talk to the people about WoW.

You can't really hide the fact that you play when waiting in line with tons of other nerds, so people are actually approchable with the subject matter.
    Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, then you're a communist. - Me

Lest we forget the certainty of my awesome. For I can say with certainty, that there lies no uncertainty pertaining to that of my awesome. Therefore, I shall remain forever and always awesome. - Me

10+ Year Old Account

I went to BC and Wrath and will probably go to Cata.

Someone gave me their collectors edition pre-order last year since they were sold out before I could order one. Our gamestop gave out posters and buttons and a bunch of random stuff.

If I decide to get it, I will go to the midnight release. I went to the WotLK one and had a lot of fun. I met a few local people as well as people I knew but never expected were gamers there. My store also had a trivia contest with prizes ranging from $5 - $25 gift cards. Then there was a Horde vs Alliance chant off. It was all in all a good time interacting with people with common interests as I have.

Its just a game...

Im going... gonna miss class... gonna miss work... gonna miss my girlfriend

for 2 days

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

Im going to enjoy 2 days of Endless playing, with my mini-fridge filled with Red Bull, Beer and a Coffee Machine next to it

Good think i have a big window for some daylight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

I plan on walking into Wal-Mart at about 11:30, wait 30 minutes til Midnight, wait 5 minutes in line, pay the cashier $40, walk about of the store at about 12:10 (depending on if I make any other purchases).
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Midnight release are boring did it for both TBC and WOTLK.. will just preorder it online so I have atleast got the cdkey on time.

I went to the WotLK midnight release with my best friend. Her and I had a great time, we just pretty much stood around and talked about WoW amongst ourselves and others. Then listened to other people discuss WoW, what they were gonna do what they got on, etc, haha. It's a blast :P Taking home your copy and playing it that day is the fun part though.

Yes.. yes i am.
    Bossy the Cow, a Legend, a Hero.. a Cow.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-noble-cow

Nope, I'm not supposed to be outside past 10. It's for the good of everybody.

I went to BC and Wrath midnight launches and will be going to Cata's as well. It's a combination of anticipation and excitement multiplied by the others who show up and the adrenaline keeping you awake. And then the long, long wait of however long it takes you to get home and install it before BOOM: You're one of the first in! And then you play with the new races and new areas until you can't stay awake any longer.

And I worked the next day for both of the other expansions. Though for Wrath I got to wake up and then go and install Wrath on all the computers at the LAN centre I worked at. Me alone.

Deleted

It depends. If there's school the next day, no way. I'll just get it on my way home.

10+ Year Old Account

No, I didn't go to BC or Wrath. I don't go to lunches for any games.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

I was at the midnight release for Wrath, it was kinda cool to see everyone who played. I even saw some kids in some of my classes that I didn't know played. It was also funny to talk to people and they would be like oh ya im a Undead Rogue or Human Ret Pally. Plus waaaaaay more girls than I expected, some were even bangable.

Quote Originally Posted by Graph
    No, I didn't go to BC or Wrath. I don't go to lunches for any games.
    Yeah lunches are never fun ;D

10+ Year Old Account

To elaborate on my strategy for release, i'm actually going to spend the entire day before sleeping, waking up to go to the release, as to have a headstart on not needing sleep!

I did that with Wotlk, kinda cool to have other weirdos than me in same place at 01.00am... But I won´t bother with Cata tho... I´ll take it coolio.

I'll pass.
    “I is the king of Rome, and above grammar”
    ~ Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor on Grammar