Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Are you going to a Cataclysm Midnight release?

My gearscore is 6600, therefore I get to cut everyone that is lower than I!

i might go with 2 rl friends who also play WoW, drink lots of redbull, have fun and then fall asleep before cata is installed :

Quote Originally Posted by Dulba
    My gearscore is 6600, therefore I get to cut everyone that is lower than I!
    now people will finally get the change to punch the etilist GS nabs in the face

I will be there, but as for the hundreds of people, that depends on the size and population build of your area. In my town there was only about 20 or so people for Wrath, but back home one of my friends said there was close to a hundred, and that town has 6 Gamestops.

I don't see why people are embarrassed about midnight releases, I went to midnight releases for all the Harry Potter books(even the first one, had a friend send me a copy from London before it was released in the US, although there wasn't actually a party, I just went to Wal-Mart), Wrath, and I will go again for Cata.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

YOU BET YOUR ARSE ILL BE THERE!!

if i want to level a goblin to level 85 in a week than ill need all the time i can get lmao
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

I live in Romania and for wrath we had only one shop with midnight release but it was awesome. More than 1000 people there all talking about wow, we even had peps from some local tv station filming us, it was nice . So yeah, i'm 100% sure i'm going to the Cataclysm Midnight release aswell

Nonsense, I have a life. Which is why I'm going to send someone to pick up my preorder 6 hours before the release and open it there to text me the code.
    [asdfghjkl says]: Greetings! blizzard is about too launch and new mounts:to,register sign up btl1e-wow-account.org"

i might do, or i might pre order it i heard people who pre ordered it on amazon got it few days b4 release, if not and the release isnt on a "busy town night" i might

15+ Year Old Account

I would go, but there won't be any midnight release in my country, since there are no actual gameshops here. So yeah :/
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

ill be there.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

I never understood why you'd want to go to such a thing. I preordered my wotlk on amazon, and received it one day before the midnight release.
    While nerds were waiting to receive theirs, I could of already been playing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpie
    I would go, but there won't be any midnight release in my country, since there are no actual gameshops here. So yeah :/
    Same here bro :/

Deleted

I dont know. There is a shop, no big chain store just 2 of this kind that sells games and on Wrath release they were selling the game on the day before the midnight release and all. Wrath came out when, on 13th 00:00? It was thursday if im not mistaken so they were selling it on wednesday like it was totally normal, they had it on their website "available" so I even asked the guy on MSN they had on their website and he was like "ye come over dude, just hope you got it pre-ordered" which I did.

If this wont happen I probably... I dont know... More no than yes.

BTW: What country do you live in that doesnt have any midnight releases? I live in probably the weirderst and smallest country in the world, Czech Republic in the middle of Europe (bit over 10mil people) and we will have like... A lot of midnight launches. We just owned the world in ice hockey though, must be it ;D.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skals
    I never understood why you'd want to go to such a thing. I preordered my wotlk and received it one day before the midnight release.
    While nerds were waiting to receive theirs, I could of already been playing mine.
    That's quite lucky then. I preodered mine on game.co.uk and got it ~week after the release. Fun times. Didn't had better experience with preordering on Amazon (different game, though), got it around 5 days later. So there is a reason to go to midnight release, if you have a chance - or, well, interest in getting the game earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamuss
    Same here bro :/
    Ouch :/ Where are you from, btw?
    (<--- Latvia here)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

ill probably do what i did with either bc or wrath..

tbc, i waited like half a year to get it...

wrath, it took me 2 weeks after release to get it... new areas are much quieter ate those points
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

I will totally be there. I did it for Wotlk, it was fun

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fappslot
    Nonsense, I have a life. Which is why I'm going to send someone to pick up my preorder 6 hours before the release and open it there to text me the code.
    You have a life and your name is Fappslot? lol

Of course I shall go to the midnight release! It gives me a chance to meet up with my comrades and enemies, I plan to dress up in my whole outfit.

I have the night elf ears, I paint myself purple and have contacts and everything.. I even wear a small pair of stilts to match the height, my outfit looks like normal attire if you will, it shall be fascinating!

Deleted

Depends whether they'll sell the Collector's Edition at some Midnight Release this time, with Wotlk they didn't. This time I'll get the CE though so if that's not available through the midnight releases I won't go there, get it some other way.

I will grab my collectors edition copy and hs back home.

10+ Year Old Account

I went for Lich King.

The people there were just... Ew. Like... alot of them smelled. Hair all unwashed, tshirt + sweatpants combos going on left and right. A lot of people there with bored girlfriends / wives. It was just a sad sight. I'm not saying, ya know, dress up for a trip to Gamestop... but care a little about yourself. At least try to set the bar a little higher.

Anyway, I'm in no way implying that this experience pertains to anyone outside of the people who were in my town at the moment.. just saying.. I still live in that town so I think I'll just pre-order it and pick it up whenever. :-X
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.