Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Priest Healing VS Other Classes, Rolling a New Main and Need Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix
    its not being a metermaid, its being min<Max

Why have your disc priest heal when spamming sheild is so much more effective? and the holy pally can tank heal? PS is still used. Even more then GS sometimes. Penance is only for like 10 mans or when the pallys have unchained magic.
    Cause spamming shields is boring and causes RSI :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Cause spamming shields is boring and causes RSI :P
    you may joke but it does get tiresome after a while. for this reason i have 3 different keybindings for PW:S just so i can change my hand position after a long night of raiding.

I'm currently leveling a priest, he's 68 and is incredibly fun to play. Here's important advice: level disc spamming dungeon finder! I was holy well into the 60's and it is far far more mana intensive than disc at those levels. With a decent tank each trash pull won't even break your disc shield and you just shield before the next pull. Sure it's boring but I bubble and alt tab a lot.

I have an 80 shaman who has been switching resto for 2 expansions now. While my main spec has always been enh or ele my off spec was always resto and I have healed every wotlk raid so far. I might be the first to say it but there is much much more to it than just spamming chain heal. Granted 25 man raids is a lot of chain heal spam but it's so efficient that it would be wrong to just use anything else. But when you look at the high amount of synergy each resto spell has with another its amazing really.

[Riptide] gets a lot of flak for being a mediocre hot but it has an instant heal portion to it. The hot is meh but the chain heal boost it has is incredible. When you know raid damage is coming throw 2 riptides on two different melee DPS and follow that up with using a chain heal on each of them after the damage happens. It's amazing how fast you can top them off. The hot also lasts long enough that you can have it on both tanks and when it's off cooldown again the hot will have dropped of the first tank so you can recast it on them. This is really convenient for keeping up the 264 totems SP boost.

[Tidal Waves] is an amazing talent as well. Just reading it should explain its usefulness. You'll learn this after lots of people die that you should be keeping up in raids, but the best way to use this is to essentially not use it. It has two stacks so you can use one but it's always beneficial to keep at least one stack on you. That way when you're rogue buddy takes too long moving out of the fire you can cast a fast, hard hitting Healing Wave or an extremely fast, critting lesser healing wave.

[Earth Shield] has got to be one of the most efficient healing spells in the game. Very minimal over healing.

As of now, in cataclysm there will be spirit link which shares damage taken by someone with two or three others. A Death and Decay type ability but which heals if you stand in it. A cooldown which lets you cast a non instant cast spell while running. Deep healing, where your healing scales with the amount of health your target has. (bigger heal for someone at 29% than 30%)

Self ress, mana tide, bloodlust, a totem for every situation, a CC! What's not to like?!