Thread: 1 Question

1 Question

I MM for as long I can remember and so I got 1 question for Surv Hunter out there

1.) For black arrow, it add 6% damg to all our attack, does it also increase serpent sting damg as well?

Re: 1 Question

It should. So yes, using BA before Serpent is better than Serpent before BA.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, the priority is

Explosive
    black
    serpent

because the gcd is best used immediately on explosive, despite the damage bonus, or at least that is the current thought process

I am no hunter myself, but doesn't it take 1sec(maybe 2 for serpent) to start ticking?(if its the dot part you are refering to) meaning you can throw in serpent, explosive and still have 1sec for Black arrow before any of them(serpent n explosive) actually do dmg? again, im no hunter just thinking

10+ Year Old Account

That is true, but it takes 3 sec to tick, and the damage % modifier is determined at cast. Plus, the gcd is 1.5 sec

Your priority as survival actually depends on which talent/gear setup you have. It stats out (basically) Exp>BA>SrpS>Aimed and then when you get 2pc t9 and pop a couple talents into improved stings it becomes Exp>SrpS>BA>Aimed and then when you get a high amount of arm pen it becomes Exp>SrpS>Aimed>BA (I think, will have to check femaledwarf.com) I will edit the post if I am wrong in a minute.

Edit: At around 60% arm pen the priority was Exp>BA>Aimed>Serp with 4pct10
    At around 95%~ priority is Exp>Aimed>BA>serp

So basically your priority changes alot depending on gear level.
    Oh and dont forget to have kill shot before Exp shot and steady shot after the last shot.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis