Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Marrowgar HM buffed?

We don't do 25's til tomorrow night but our 10m groups ran tonight and both of our groups had alot of trouble with him tonight... after facerolling him for the past few weeks.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Re: Marrowgar HM buffed?

no

I know how you feel, my guild usually has no trouble with onyxia but she deep breaths way too much since the reset.

Have you guys fought it since the reset?

Sarcasm is so unbecoming - especially if you have no clue what you're talking about and you wind up with egg on your face.

If we just fail tonight for whatever reason, then ok. But I don't think that's the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyiran
    We don't do 25's til tomorrow night but our 10m groups ran tonight and both of our groups had alot of trouble with him tonight... after facerolling him for the past few weeks.

Anyone else have similar issues?
    Just did 10s tonight, Marrowgar was still a complete pushover as per the usual. Seemed unchanged to me at least. Maybe both of your groups were just having a bad night at the same time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    I know how you feel, my guild usually has no trouble with onyxia but she deep breaths way too much since the reset.
    I noticed this too
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=silvermoon&cn=adobi

Quote Originally Posted by Floranalol
    Just did 10s tonight, Marrowgar was still a complete pushover as per the usual. Seemed unchanged to me at least. Maybe both of your groups were just having a bad night at the same time or something.
    That could be...

I dunno, it just seemed like alot more damage being thrown around. I know he's a high damage boss to begin with, but people were getting global'd tonight... full to dead in less than a GCD - and like I said, we've killed it weeks ago and never had a problem with it like tonight.

Maybe just an offnight though. That's why I started the thread, to see what other's experiences were...

There is absolutely nothing in that fight which can kill you in a global unless you get cleaved (which is not 360 degrees).
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=silvermoon&cn=adobi

Quote Originally Posted by Madsen
    There is absolutely nothing in that fight which can kill you in a global unless you get cleaved (which is not 360 degrees).
    Well it was combinations of things... fire+spike or bone storm + spike or bone storm + fire or all three.

All of which we've dealt with before.

Anyway, like I said, could have just been an off night. Thought it would be quite a coincidence for both of our 10m groups to have had the same trouble over a number of attempts though, so thats why I asked if anyone else noticed as well.

Bop people who get spiked during bone storm if marrowgar goes on top of them, aura mastery frost resistance aura if people get spiked in the fire, use divine hymn and divine sacrifice to keep your raid up during the bone storm if healers can't keep up, and of course keep away from him during bone storm no matter what. If you are using a warrior tank who has a safeguard spec they can intervene people who get spiked during bone storm, mages can use frost ward before the bone spike cast, rogues can feint while dpsing spikes to reduce damage taken from bone storm, hunters can use deterrence to keep themselves alive during bone storm.

Marrowgar wasn't buffed, odds are that your guild just isn't taking it seriously because of the extra 5%.

The 20% buff affects the enemies, not your raid - its a new surprising twist!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    The 20% buff affects the enemies, not your raid - its a new surprising twist!
    QFT!

Deleted

Maybe someone tried to be funny and turned the buff off?

Marrowgar is a boss which you can have a bit on unluckiness on can have badly placed spikes during bonestorm and things... but still after 1-2 tries if your still having trouble it aint luck its more of a group issue :P

I agree with the above poster.

The RNG in spike position and who he targets, causes some really spiky damage. Not too mention if you are unlucky enough to have 3 healers spiked. It can get pretty hectic even when you've farmed it for weeks with some bad RNG.

Marrowgar 10H is a REAL RNG Fight >_>

I Agree completely!

Onyxia does deep breath more.

marrowgar 10 hc is actually pretty 'challenging' (at least in comparison with the 25m version), if your raidhealer (fe. resto druid) gets picked up at wrong times, it WILL add to the difficulty. But if that happens and you have a priest, just let him pop divine hymn or someone else some other cd's, you prolly get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyiran
    That could be...

I dunno, it just seemed like alot more damage being thrown around. I know he's a high damage boss to begin with, but people were getting global'd tonight... full to dead in less than a GCD - and like I said, we've killed it weeks ago and never had a problem with it like tonight.

Maybe just an offnight though. That's why I started the thread, to see what other's experiences were...
    Did people happen to stay in front of him?

Didn't have a pally using AM Devo Aura / DSac where you did previous nights perhaps?