Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How well are you in frost dps?

i need help i can only pull maybe 6-7k dps single target with a gs of 5859 in frost. Advice plz?

Re: How well are you in frost dps?

If you think that your gear score is enough information for us to know how much dps you should be doing then you have problems that we can't help you with.

I am very well in frost dps.

The fact you have told us you have 5859 gearscore tells me that you are pulling the correct dps for your skill (presuming you have the 20% buff activated)

lol'd

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you. Thats all i wanted to know. I even specified i wanted advice not insults Shiira. Tard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim
    Thank you. Thats all i wanted to know. I even specified i wanted advice not insults Shiira. Tard.
    Link your armoury and some logs if you want a real answer, gearscore doesn't tell us anything. I'm actually one of the more helpful posters around here but you aren't asking for help in a way that makes it easy for us to provide you with any. If the stats in your sig are what you have as frost then you could probably break 13k with the 20% buff, more if your weapons and trinkets are decent.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk

The fact you have told us you have 5859 gearscore tells me that you are pulling the correct dps for your skill (presuming you have the 20% buff activated)
    lol...

GS doesn't really mean anything. I knew a warrior with a GS of nearly 3.1k on wowheroes who was at 750+ hit cap and pulled about 2k dps.

My DK has a wowheroes GS of 2500 for his frost of spec but I still pull about 6-7k dps single target. =O It's all in your skill and rotation. Not gear score.
    "In WoW there are two things that will always remain true: people will always QQ and people will always forget that they have interrupts." -Nachopie

This
    OP class reroller!

The fact you have told us you have 5859 gear score tells me that you are pulling the correct dps for your skill (presuming you have the 20% buff activated)
    The info he gives us, tells us nothing of what kind of dps he should be doing. Also you really shouldn't comment like that, as now he thinks he has his "Answer", when in fact he could be miles of from his potential, or already way above it.

If played well, and assuming the GS corresponds to the correct gear for the spec (ie no tank gear, no pvp gear, gemmed correctly, enchants etc), its possible to be doing 10k single target damage (With the 15% ICC buff).

OP feel free to give us more information, and im sure people will be better suited to serve you.

EDIT: Also check out the link in my signature to a frost dps guide, should give you all the info you need.

Death Knight news, guides, talent spec's and more. DK Hero
    Need to get out more? RC Helicopters
    Me: Armory

Give a armory link. GS dont tell nothing about gear just gear level.

found him on the armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ak&cn=Zahgurim

PvP neck.
    PvP braces.
    Hit trinket.(too much hit)
    no Fallen Crusader on weapons

No enchants on braces, hands, chest, back, head and feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakk
    Only 6k GS? You need to stack more GS bro. In Cataclysm there's gonna be gearscore gems that fit in all color sockets. They're pink. They give you GS. Makes you better at WoW. Stacking other stats is useless because GS is everything. I'm gonna reforge my gear and turn all the strength into GS so i hit harder.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering he's using 10, 6, and 4 to all stats gems :'(. Some people really don't deserve the gear.

And no Fallen Crusader on either weapon

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rmine&cn=Roxix

10k on Sarufang last week, and I just got my trinket, so that'll go up tonight.

Yeah ok I just bothered to look up your armoury op.

You have a fairly serious lack of basic knowledge of the class. Go read the dps sticky, then go to ej and read the threads there too.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim
    i need help i can only pull maybe 6-7k dps single target with a gs of 5859 in frost. Advice plz?
    enchant your stuff and get rid of those horrible gems, try to grab a pve neck and the craftable bracers from toc. that should help a bit

zomg i have 6300 gs and dont know why i pull 6k, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Since no one seems to be doing this for the OP, this has got to be a troll or worse. Gearscore may be a bad estimate of someone's "skill" but with a score that high he definitely has gear. Now, the op wanted to know if he was doing dps in line with what one would expect from his gear so I will attempt to answer that question:
    *Ahem* No.

With the 10% buff on my 5300 GS (flame on, or check her armory in my sig <3) deathknight I did 10.3k dps on saurfang (sure I fudged with a few HBs but who doesn't). Here's the video, hopefully this helps the OP

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv...&v=_p8G28_9Hkw

You should change your meta to the 21agi/3% crit dmg. Get rid of the 4 and 6 all stats gems but keep the +10. Enchant one of your weapons with Rune of the Fallen Crusader. You should only use 20 str gems or 20 str + 10 str/10 crit if the sockets are yellow and red(Not sure about 10str/10 haste). Never use anything other than that unless you need the hit.

You're also way over hit cap so I'd say try to replace the hit trinket. A good trinket is the one from FoS, Needle-Encrusted Scorpion. You should ofcourse try to get either DV/DWB or WFS but they are harder than NES to obtain. You'll still be a bit over the hit cap even if you drop the trinket so you might be able to use the tier10 chest if you find yourself a pve-neck with hit on it.

And enchant your gear asap, every little bit counts.

Hope this helps.

With a proper spec, gems, enchants etc and with 5.850 GS i pull around 11-12k+ on saurfang, around the same on fester and with the bite, 16-17k on BQL, so you obviously got something wrong.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

lol fckin Gearscore and fckin DPS.

Thats why I dont play pve. At Vanilla it worked even without Gearscore and DPS shit!