Thread: Unholy DW spec

Unholy DW spec

Ok, well this thought I've heard is a bad one and haven't really found anything on it. I'd love to DW with the unholy tree as I still see it being close to the 2hand unholy spec that is currently up using those same 17 talents from blood just putting them into frost for DW and the haste buff.

It would look something like this I imagine: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jZGMcx...zx0uIqo:bLsMVm

So any thoughts words or other stuff? Or am I just crazy to even be thinking about this.

Re: Unholy DW spec

you will just gimp your dps by doing that, if you want to DW, just go frost

Actually it was "viable" in ToGC for a while, now it sucks. Forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Yea after doing a bit more research I think I am just going to go frost. Thinking bout going with the 0/53/18 frost talent build I've been seeing. Just have to switch rotations since I'm used to using my Unholy rotation.

Dual wield unholy does less dps than 2h unholy and it's harder to gear for. The playstyle is exactly the same, all you really gain is a lot of negative attention for playing a bad spec.

Go 2h unholy, or if you insist on dual wielding go frost.

Frost DW is a pretty fun spec. The "omgwtflol" moment you get when you crit howling blast for 12k+ on multiple enemies is just awesome. Also in my experience you get more free GCDs with frost because you use your runes on Obliterate most of the time.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Quote Originally Posted by Gravion
    Also in my experience you get more free GCDs with frost because you use your runes on Obliterate most of the time.
    As opposed to Unholy which uses those very same FU runes for scourge strike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    As opposed to Unholy which uses those very same FU runes for scourge strike?
    Frost subspec unholy doesn't get reaping and frost usually uses glyph of disease, so unholy spends more gcds on rune abilities than frost.

Well I've always used either blood or unholy. Blood when leveling and for tanking, but dps was unholy. So any advice on this with frost then? Cause the whole duel wield thing interests me which is why I made this topic. So any word on the spec for it and the rotation really? I've seen the 0/53/18 http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jZG0fx...ofMh0xc:pkaMmV

So...? And well I'd put up my armory but I haven't played since back when you did dailies to make ToC and that was around when I hit 80 so I'm still getting rid of alot of things, plus back then I didn't know how to gem/enchant correctly like I do now.

If you want to learn about frost read the dps sticky, that's what it's there for.

Imho the DPS sticky offers quite confusing informations (how to gem, BT+UA). At the moment I am working on a Frost DPS videoguide, will be up soon.
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Frost subspec unholy doesn't get reaping and frost usually uses glyph of disease, so unholy spends more gcds on rune abilities than frost.
    Right, that makes GoD the defining factor. Not which FU attack is being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    Right, that makes GoD the defining factor. Not which FU attack is being used.
    Both are a factor because frost subspec unholy spends four global cooldowns on blood runes every double rune cycle and frost only spends three.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude
    Imho the DPS sticky offers quite confusing informations (how to gem, BT+UA). At the moment I am working on a Frost DPS videoguide, will be up soon.
    Make sure you make a post about it so we can critique

Both are a factor because frost subspec unholy spends four global cooldowns on blood runes every double rune cycle and frost only spends three.
    This.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Quote Originally Posted by Gravion
    This.
    Not really.
    The spec is irrelevant. Which FU attack being used is irrelevant.
    The Glyph is the single greatest factor in the GCD disparity.
    Frost doesn't have to use GoD (GoIT is arguably on par w/ GoD depending on your level of gear and gemming preferences), and Unholy doesn't have to not use GoD (although I concede that would be just silly).

It's the glyph.